Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Diary of Alfred McGregor

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The Diary of Alfred McGregor
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/23/2009 17:07:30   
nolraitru

November 20th, 2009

I awake to my brother already gone. He probably went to feed, or something of that nature. Recently, his own activites haven't really been of my concern. Only recently have I remembered that he's the reason we had to leave Scotland, and the reason we had to run from our home in Maryland, after we underwent the Embrace. I followed out of brotherly love for him, and because I was automatically connected to him because we are twins.
        As I walk to the door, I look on our side table, seeing the evelope that usually shows up on Thursdays or Fridays, telling us where the active city dwellers are meeting. Tonight it happened to be at Lord Karpov's estate, Priscus of the First Estate. My leader, in a way. I take my time getting ready, as I always do, looking at my psuedo-suit and my actual suit, and deciding on jeans and a t-shirt. Just to bother Lord Karpov, for the most part.
        I show up, and start striking up conversation with a few different people. Nic is the guy who I made quick friends with at my first gathering. Brianna, along with her bodyguard, isn't the nicest of girls, but I feel there's a need for her somewhere, and more with what I found out later in the night. Sabastian is here tonight, but no Eric. That gets rather confusing considering they share the same body. And got along nicely with Tera, whom I just really started to talk to that night. As I'm talking with a few other people, I hear there's a wager being made against us. From some guy who's infected by a demon of sorts. Creepy spider looking shadow monsters, still not quite used to this stuff, even if I've been around it for over 50 years. He basically took a mortal's voice, over a wager. If we can avoid our deepest vice, after thirty-three days and thirty-three nights, she gets her voice back, and the infection leaves this John fellow. But, the Prince has declared that it is high treason to induldge in your vice during this time. Which means everyone is going to have a hard time, if they reside in the city. A man named Mojo made a deal with me, if I don't act on my vice, I've got a nice prize waiting at the end of this.
        Sabastian took me aside about half-way through the night, and talked of things that I cannot yet speak of with anyone. Along with a newer "friend" who is willing to help me with a life problem I've had.
        The most interesting part of the night, is when "John" thought he could sway me, after a bet has been made with me. I do well when it comes to challenges, and it's hard to sway me away from it. He told me that the city has a free retry, and that if ONE person were to break the deal, then it would be okay. But, because he seems to be wanting to get us to fail this wager. But I'm not the one who is going to fail this for the city, I'm starting to enjoy myself in Orlando. And with the recent turns of events, it seems that I'm wanted here, and slightly needed. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The Diary of Alfred McGregor
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition