Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Library= The "Books" Project - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =Library= The "Books" Project - Discussion
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2009 15:38:52   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Yay! Great to know Xirmi.

And welcome Bhlewos!

We have some more entries nearly ready, so keep them coming!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/16/2009 15:39:09   
Gianna Glow

I'm still craftily plotting what my story is to be about.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
12/16/2009 16:14:42   
Xirminator

Yeah, I'm trying to stimulate myself into being active again. (I'll only be able to write one though, because if I manage to scrounge up enough motivation, Ill try to get another story published. As usual.)

I put Christmas as the theme, and I'm writing a lighter, simpler story than I usually do. I think it might pass for a children's story. Feels very different to try something that isn't hardcore fantasy or the fate of human race science fiction style.

< Message edited by Xirminator -- 12/17/2009 12:09:06 >
AQ DF  Post #: 28
12/16/2009 18:08:45   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

I've got one coming. ;]
Post #: 29
12/16/2009 22:43:51   
Torn

Finally a writing contest. i'm not a published author, but I do know publishers and I'm finishing up my first novel. Hm, writing a short, winter themed story might be a bit hard, but I will be part of that book, or my username isn't Torn!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
12/16/2009 22:52:11   
jerenda

Can I critique the Winter stories? Please? I want to... but I don't want to offend anyone...

Specifically, Xirminator, can I critique your story?
AQ DF  Post #: 31
12/16/2009 22:55:30   
Shreder

Finished a short narrative poem for this. Undeniably cliche, but I think it turned out well. I would love it if someone wanted to take a look: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17077447
DF MQ  Post #: 32
12/16/2009 23:45:23   
Eukara Vox

We really are not looking to have people critique these. They will go into the book after AKs look at them. And if you have written something, please PM to one of us instead of posting them here.

And Torn, this is not a competition. It is something for fun to do together.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 12/16/2009 23:49:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
12/17/2009 1:55:02   
horusmaster9

It may not be a competition, but you should understand that being in something this big is a matter of pride (Lion King :D) and accomplishment. I figure that some people will feel as though a submission to this is obligatory for being an AA/AP, or others may want to submit something purely so that they can be recognized. Fame is a funny thing, really. But, I figured that you already knew that. You AA/AP are smart. :)

But that's beside the point. I just wanted to know if we had to send our submissions together or if we could do it separately. My first one was basically a little kids' story and I wanted to do an additional tale as well, but I had to catch a flight in a half hour. xP

Just wondering. How many submissions have you gotten so far? Like... hundreds? Thousands, perhaps (but probably unlikely)? Again, I'm just wondering. :)
Post #: 34
12/17/2009 2:23:01   
nolraitru

Since you're sending them into Eukara (and so far I can see two that haven't listened to that), we've only gotten a handful (I'm going by number of fingers ;P).

And if you want to send them in together, and put your chapters right next to each other, send them in together. But, if you'd like to have them seperate (if they're really different) send them in seperately. It's really up to you, completely :]

Still working on my story, up to a page so far, but it just doesn't seem done. May re-write what I have, because it doesn't seem right for the story mine is based out of. And I thought of a different way to write it. But it shall be done before my birthday (Christmas Eve), or it will be done before the deadline. Which ever procrastination causes first :P
Post #: 35
12/17/2009 2:39:00   
horusmaster9

quote:

Then, you need to copy and paste your story some where externally and send either me or one of the AKs the link to your story. We will take it from there.

I'm guessing that's the reason. I may be wrong, though. <.<
If only Eukara was super-specific in the first post, then I wouldn't be asking so many questions. 7.7
Procrastination ftw! *Attempts to hi-five iChar* :D Eh, lazy D: ~iChar
I'm going to get to work on my other story then. Now that I think about it, my first story was crap. I don't know for sure, because I hadn't saved it anywhere that I can get to, but I'm pretty sure it was bad compared to the prologue and the first story. Time to get srs! >:D

< Message edited by iChar -- 12/18/2009 14:28:55 >
Post #: 36
12/17/2009 5:26:28   
Xirminator

I know it's not exactly the place to tell people to critique your story, but I'd rather have someone look at it before it was posted. I'll remove the link if you want me to... (or you could it).

And Jerenda, there's no need to ask permission for that :P
AQ DF  Post #: 37
12/17/2009 8:48:20   
Eukara Vox

Considering I linked you to the guidelines that ARE super-specific, I did not feel the need to repeat myself. The link should have been sufficient.

These stories are not meant to be perfect when turned in, which is why my AKs review them before they are posted. We look for tiny things that need to be tweaked. If we see a problem, we let you know. This is the process so that people don't have wait around for someone else to review... then have an AK review and then have me do the final review. If you insist on having someone review, then ask for it in your commentary thread. I am just looking at this from a time perspective. If my AKs and I are already going to review it, then trust me, it will be fine once it is put in the book.

Edit: Story 2 is up by horusmaster9.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 12/17/2009 9:18:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/17/2009 12:08:18   
Xirminator

Oh, I thought that the AKs would only be looking at stories from unapproved authors. My mistake. I'll take down the link. That means the story is finished so I'll pm it.

< Message edited by Xirminator -- 12/17/2009 12:09:45 >
AQ DF  Post #: 39
12/17/2009 12:20:38   
Eukara Vox

Nope, we look at everyone's!

Figured it was fair and all. If we are going to ask you to do something, then we extend services to everyone participating, Approved or not.

The first time we try anything in life, it is a bit bumpy and there are things to smooth out. Together, we learn and do. Great way to do things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/17/2009 15:35:20   
sunumbrella

Hiya,

This sounds like a great project. I might give it a go, since non AAs can participate as well.

You know what would be really cool? If these "Books" could be left lying around in the Falconreach Library or somewhere so that you could click on them in-game and read the stories.

Best wishes to everyone involved with the project.
--D Sunumbrella.
DF MQ  Post #: 41
12/18/2009 0:14:47   
alexmacf

I've got a concept. I'll probably have it done and edited sometime in January. :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
12/18/2009 1:51:35   
The Extinguisher

I've got a short little poem I might submit. Just doing some work on it, we'll see how it goes.

This seems fun.
Post #: 43
12/18/2009 8:38:07   
Eukara Vox

Just make sure that your poem is long enough. A page is the minimum we are looking at. Otherwise, bring it on!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/18/2009 17:50:59   
jerenda

Yes Dragonfly Goddess Ma'am! (Ma'm? Madame?) *salutes*

Silly Jer. *hugs*

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 12/18/2009 18:14:37 >
AQ DF  Post #: 45
12/20/2009 13:00:59   
Gianna Glow

Well, my short story is coming along slowly, however, I had to make a computer switch. :( So as result, I have to redownload the file from my external hardrive. Hmmmph!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
12/20/2009 13:45:44   
Dewdrop Fairy
Helpful! Dec. 2007 Writer of the Month

I would have liked to join this project but my story turned out way too long. So I wonder: can I still post the story (or at least its beginning) in "English 101"? I'll probably need a lot more help than other writers though as I'm not a native speaker and have not been actively using this language in almost two years.
DF  Post #: 47
12/20/2009 14:04:41   
Eukara Vox

Oh, what a shame it was too long, Dewdrop. It would have been nice to have you in there. You still have until Jan 21, in case you want to give it another go.

But, yes, put it into ENG101. You need to reapply for AA anyway, since all AAs were wiped out during the PURGE.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/20/2009 21:10:18   
Eukara Vox

Face of an Angel by shreder10 is up. This is our first poem submission.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/20/2009 21:39:34   
Shreder

Well that was severely edited. I somewhat liked it better without standard punctuation... Oh well, not my best regardless, but whatever.

Oh and you misspelled my name.

Welcome to the world of editing.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 12/21/2009 1:01:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =Library= The "Books" Project - Discussion
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition