Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Library= The "Books" Project - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =Library= The "Books" Project - Discussion
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/26/2010 13:22:08   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

I know that this's already been said by others, but I'd just like to note that it has been a pleasure to read these stories. Many were inspiring or thought-provoking; all were very enjoyable. I can't wait for the next book to come out! :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 126
1/26/2010 20:26:01   
ringulreith

Glad my entry got in.

And, just a few ideas:
the book of the moon (moon landing anniversary anyone?)
Book of stars/sky
Book of vengeance (revenge/envy/etc)
Book of death (dying, losing loved ones, etc)
Book of giving (thanks giving-style)
Book of mothers/fathers (*ahem*mothers/fathers day)
Book of harvest

I'd also like to pronounce my enjoyment of the stories that were written. Good job all!

< Message edited by ont -- 1/26/2010 20:27:11 >
Post #: 127
1/26/2010 23:11:33   
Feoras ToxArch

Sorry for getting it in to you so late, Eukara, but you probably know how college is with free time. *laughs* Regardless of what the next book's topic may be, I(as well as a lot of people, from the sound of it) will be more than happy to help out with it. ^^

Regards,
~Feo

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 128
1/27/2010 15:35:13   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The Book of Winter is now complete.

Green_girl02 and myself have capped off the end of this adventure.

I cannot tell each and every one of you that participated how very grateful and delighted I was that you did this. This idea was an experiment, and I will admit that I was nervous. I was afraid that the response would be paltry. But, you came through and made it better than I anticipated.

Book of Winter gives me hope that the next book will be even bigger, full of the same great storytelling as it was this time. I am so excited that I don't want to wait! That is how truly happy all of you have made me feel.

My profuse thanks. You all made my month!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 129
1/27/2010 15:44:20   
Relentless

No, Eukara. Thank YOU, you definately deserve it! :D I'll be looking foward for the next Book!

< Message edited by Relentless -- 1/27/2010 15:50:46 >
DF  Post #: 130
1/27/2010 22:09:10   
Dewdrop Fairy
Helpful! Dec. 2007 Writer of the Month

What Relentless said! - And for me, writing is always an experiment, as I rarely muster up enough energy to stick to it long enough to actually finish a piece. Your book project has given me just the incentive that I needed. Thank you very much!
DF  Post #: 131
1/27/2010 22:51:20   
horusmaster9

Drat. Everyone else has thanked Euky. 7.7

Thanks for the opportunity! Although my story is a "little" rusty, it's still my first published piece! :D

The Book of Winter gave me a reason to return to these forums after almost a year of inactivity, albeit in different parts of it, and it's inspired me to write more often and improve. Had I not seen that little advertisement for the Books Project while I was bored, I probably would have neither returned nor continue my writing endeavors. I have Euky to thank for this. OTZ

Now if only someone would figure out an awesome way to advertise the Books Project. 7.7
Post #: 132
1/27/2010 23:39:15   
ringulreith

No, thanks for the opportunity to get writing again!

/me snuggletackles Euki

Just wondering, but can I incorporate your edits to my story to the version on Eng101, if I give you credit for them? (not copy the new version into the thread, but look at them and change as fits)

And hey, now I have something to look forward to during the March break!

< Message edited by ont -- 1/27/2010 23:40:51 >
Post #: 133
1/28/2010 0:17:49   
Eukara Vox

If you incorporate those edits, then you will have to give all of L&L's staff credit. All of us went through each story. Mostly all I did was put it in the book and nod my head at my wonderful AKs exceptional ability to rake through a story and tweak it enough to make corrections without losing the writer's personality and style. By the time I got to it, I may have replaced a word or two, or rearrange a couple of words. But all of us did it.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/28/2010 0:27:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 134
1/28/2010 0:54:44   
ringulreith

Then I do thank you and them, they seem to have done a marvelous job on all of them!

*yawns* Well, g'night all.

< Message edited by ont -- 1/28/2010 0:55:06 >
Post #: 135
1/29/2010 16:37:45   
nolraitru

Those lovely AKs of yours. And this mod here who happens to still love working with the L&L community! :D

You all did a great job on this book, by the way. And I hope to see many more entries next time around.
Post #: 136
1/29/2010 18:46:22   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

how does that song go? "When I see you next time around?" by jefferson airplane. Anyway, that's a bit off the topic.

It was my pleasure to write that tail for the book project. I love to write and it really got my imagination rolling.

I'll continue to join this book project of Eukara's every time that it is made. I highly support her efforts in this project and I was enthusiastic to join the pages, so to speak.

All the stories came out with wonderful works of imagination and prestige. All the other writers there-in, should give themselves a pat on the back, a hug and a hoo-rah.

You all did a marvelous job.
AQW Epic  Post #: 137
2/6/2010 6:39:40   
jerenda

*randomly appears at the mention of a song* *sings "Did you write the Book of Love and do you have faith in God above if the Bible tells you so?"*

American Pie, Don McLean. I think. Not asking the question, just re-mentioning the Book of Love... because I can.

I like the idea of a Wishes and Luck Book, though... and I'm theiving that siggy for promotional purposes. ^_^ I'm promoting you guys, though, so that's okay. I did have something useful and highly constructive to say, but I'm sorry, I've completely forgotten it. So, instead, I shall hug everyone involved and everyone else who wants a hug and say *yawn* Goodnight. *hugs everyone, especially the ever-amazing Dragonfly Goddess Eukara*

(Do you believe in rock'n'roll / Can music save your mortal soul, / And can you teach me how to dance real slow? *song slowly fades to black*)

Edit: You know you've spent too much time in the RPing threads when the thought of adding your siggy to your posts is bordering on treason...

< Message edited by jerenda -- 2/6/2010 6:40:43 >

EC! EC! EC~
AQ DF  Post #: 138
2/6/2010 10:30:48   
Eukara Vox

Books of Wishes and Luck...

I am literally counting down until we open up the next book for submission. My calendar has an X through each day as we approach.

I am trying to figure out what to do. I am currently teaching a writing course that revolves around fairytales. Since I do the work with the class, I could feasibly write a fairytale for the next book project. But... dare I? Or do I try to do something else?

The decisions!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
2/8/2010 16:50:36   
Goldstein

...good lord. That last story was...the first story that jerked at my heartstrings. Anyway, I think my stories for the book are going to have the same main character...now, I need only figure out what his name shall be...

"Allo comrade, why don't you give me a click on the ol' noggin and enjoy a nice little tale of action and sorrow and comedy? Cheerio!"
Post #: 140
2/8/2010 18:41:22   
Shreder

I have a rough draft of my story for the Book of Wishes and Luck worked out, but it's going to need a lot of polish before I submit it....
DF MQ  Post #: 141
2/9/2010 20:35:31   
Reaper Sigma

Wishes and Luck? Hmm, I have an idea in my head, but not enough to actually start writing.
Post #: 142
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: =Library= The "Books" Project - Discussion
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition