Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 49 - Bye Bye Mister Pumpkin Pie (The Legendary Hero)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 49 - Bye Bye Mister Pumpkin Pie (The Legendary Hero)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2009 14:33:06   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Bye Bye Mister Pumpkin Pie
by The Legendary Hero

The harvest festival is always a happy time. There's food everywhere, everyone is having a fun time, and the harvest goddess blesses it each year to make sure good tidings follow for Frostvale. But the one thing that saddens me each year are the hundreds of orphaned pies that are thrown away or discarded carelessly before they have a chance to be eaten. Each tasty morsel is left to the wild monsters to enjoy instead of being consumed by hungry inhabitants of BattleOn, Falconreach, Swordhaven, and many other locals. This year I was going out to try once more. I just HAD to rescue some of the orphans this year.

You'd think it would be easy. Just walk up to each house, ask for any pies they don't want, and carry them all off. Right? Oh, would you ever be wrong. For some reason, even though they're going to throw them out, people just can't seem to let go of their soon to be orphaned pies.* No, my errand of mercy was met with swords, maces, spells, and the occasional chucked chair. No one is ever grateful for my service and no matter how I try to explain the situation to them, I always end up with more food on me then they eat.** After ducking into quite a few houses, I only managed to save five little ones from BattleOn and then had to move on to the next town.

I didn't make it very far into Swordhaven. The guards on patrol recognized me from the previous year and chased me out at spear point.

Amityvale wasn't much better. I wasn't able to rescue any pies and came away with only one pumpkin scented health potion for my trouble.

My journey through Falconreach was met with less resistance since I live there, but even then I found out quickly hot gravy makes a really bad skin cream.*** After finally**** reaching Cysero and Warlic's house, getting chased around by mutant laundry, and finding out that neither was there, I decided to head home.

I had collected a total of nine "orphaned" pies in varying flavors, so I assumed that would be enough to ease my conscience. It wasn't much by my standards, the previous year I had "rescued" fifteen or so, but this was as good as I was going to get. Placing them on the table in my kitchen, I sat down and prepared to welcome my new tasty orphans home.*****

**** I went to more houses then anyone did at Mogloween. My feet were killing me.
***** OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/20/2009 1:43:06   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Once again in Both your articles Tlh, you've not only managed to capture and keep my attention, but you've transported me to said articles interiors, waltzed me around the grounds and left me merrily wanting more.

The pumpkin pie article was extremely tasteful(pardon the pun) and i found it a mouthwatering experience to which my taste-buds were reminded of Oliver Twist's phrase "please sir I want some more."

Your articles are best served hot or cold, and with plenty of ice cream!

you continue writing em, I'll continue reading em!
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/20/2009 18:11:56   
Deathwalker

*looks in 'Fridge* What the...? Why is my pie missing?

Funny stuff. But first ima steal my pie back! *stabs TLH with a spoon and runs off with a pie*

Note: I stabbed you with a wooden spoon, which is much more blunt....er than a metal, or even a plastic one.

< Message edited by Deathwalker -- 12/29/2009 22:39:53 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
12/20/2009 22:47:02   
Ash

D: But...but...he's an orphan....

Not as long as what I hoped to be my "usual" length but finals got the best of me so it wasn't huge.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
12/22/2009 3:11:10   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

well I'd gladly share my pies with you Tlh.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 49 - Bye Bye Mister Pumpkin Pie (The Legendary Hero)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition