Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 49 - Dared to be Opened (The Legendary Hero)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 49 - Dared to be Opened (The Legendary Hero)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2009 14:33:46   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Dared to be Opened
by The Legendary hero

It was Frostval Eve and I was sitting in my study looking over a few tomes I had. Water spells don't learn themselves and I really wanted to master a new one. I was halfway through with figuring out how to form the geyser's base when I heard a loud thump outside. Puzzled, and not expecting guests, I got up and went to my window to see if a tree or flying monster had come crashing down. I didn't expect what was lying there.

Sitting on my prized ficus* was a bag of gifts. I stared at it for a moment, trying hard to understand why someone would leave a bag of gifts there. Looking around I saw no one. I glanced up above the tree but saw only the night sky. I even searched the ground, which yielded nothing but me seeing that my grass was a bit weedy. I shrugged, hefted the bag onto my shoulder, and went inside.

Plopping the bag down next to me, I opened it and was met with a sight I never expected. It was filled with wrapped packages in several festive colors. I had been given a bag of Frostval gifts! My joy died down when I noticed that there were names on them all, and none were mine. Sighing, I went through them and began reading the names off of who I would need to go see.

"Artix, Warlic, Robina....Zorbak? How did he get so lucky? Ash, Serenity, Aria...this is everyone in town!"

I reached the bottom and found one package that had no name on it. I gently shook it a few times and put it back in along with the rest. Hefting the sack over my shoulder once more, I set out to deliver the gifts.

It took most of the evening, but I finally handed Twilly the last named package. After a hug, and a quick moglin healing spell perk-up, I waved goodbye and slowly headed home. The almost empty sack felt light, but the one present that remained made it seem very heavy. No matter how I looked at it I couldn't find out who it belonged to. Not only did it frustrate me, it made me want to know what was in it that much more.

Flopping down in my chair I looked at the bag lying on the floor. I sat that way for several minutes, pondering what I should do. Finally, I could resist no longer and fished the box out. I held it up, flipped it over a few times, and then slowly undid the bow on the top keeping it closed. I lifted the lid a crack and peeked inside.**

Inside was a lump of what looked like coal and a note. Unfolding it, I read the best thing I think I've ever been given.

Drakath,

Not only have you been a rotten prince,
you've given everyone a lot of trouble.
Your gift this year is coal!

Signed,
The Frostvale Moglins

PS: No give backs!

I laughed, read it again, and I laughed some more. Not only was I going to have to give this to Drakath, I was going to have to keep a straight face while doing so. This was going to be so much fun.

After a bit of walking, I reached his small tent at the back of the Darkwolf bandits' camp. It took a bit of explaining to the guards out front, but I eventually got inside. I handed the box to the prince and waited. He opened it, looked confused, and then read the note. He looked at me with a look that would have melted me into a puddle of mush if he knew any fire magic.***

"Why you...you think this is a joke! GET OUT! AND TAKE YOUR COAL WITH YOU!"

I quickly fled from Drakath's tent, the flying piece of coal spinning past my head as I ducked and ran faster. I snickered all the way home and wondered what I'd be getting for Frostval this year.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/20/2009 18:15:44   
Deathwalker

Definitely not a pie... thief.

Maybe I will send you a second third rate video game nobody has ever heard of for a console you don't have.
DF AQW  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 49 - Dared to be Opened (The Legendary Hero)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition