Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Issue 49 - Not A Creature Was Stirring... (Ballman23)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 49 - Not A Creature Was Stirring... (Ballman23)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/18/2009 14:35:07   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Not A Creature Was Stirring...
by Bballman23

Early Frostval morning, Moglins and Adventurers throughout Lore awoke to one of the most beautiful days drawn in history. A clear blue sky stretched off into the horizon, meeting with the thick blanket of snow covering the ground in all directions. The wind dodged gently through the trees, refreshing rather than gusting, and absolute serenity reigned. No monsters roamed the forests or the plains; even the volcanoes ceased their rumbling and enjoyed the day. It truly was a White Frostval. Something was wrong.

Like thousands of other Adventurers and Guardians, I awoke that Frostval morning prepared to do battle. I donned my best holiday themed armor from years past, checked on my unopened Gift Boxes, and joined the others waiting for the arrival of Sandy Claws and his henchClawgs outside Battleon. We waited patiently, telling stories of Frostvals and wars past as we enjoyed the day, but no one came. No Clawgs or Crabees came scuttling across the snow; no Frost Giants shook the snow-coated earth; not even the lowliest golems rose up to challenge our merrymaking.

The other Adventurers waited by lobbing snowballs at each other and enjoying warm drinks from Yulgar's Inn, but some of us - myself included - worried. Never had Sandy Claws taken so long to spring his attack: even when he had surprises for us, he always arrived on time. Eventually, after hours of waiting, the sun began to go down and the Adventurers started to return to town in droves, warming themselves. Some of the younger warriors asked the veterans what they had done wrong, what they had done to make Sandy Claws abandon them, but no one had an answer.

Some thought Sandy Claws had given up for good, abandoning his plans to ruin Frostval forever. After all, they said, why spend so much time planning and fighting if you,re booted out right when the presents are given out? Others, meanwhile, assured everyone that Sandy Claws was coming, that Frostval would last extra long that year. This idea was popular, until we all returned to our homes and looked for our Gift Boxes.

They were gone. They were not stolen, no - that would have been better. Instead, they had been replaced by colorful weapons, armors, and shields. The Gift Boxes had opened - Frostval had ended.

No one knew how to react. Sure, the gifts were nice, but what do you do with gifts that are given to you instead of earned? Was someone owed a thank you note? None knew for sure what to do. One thing we all learned, though, is that you don't appreciate the value of earning a gift until it's given to you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/27/2009 21:55:35   
nonaka

lol. I liked how anti-climactic it was, and usually I hate anti-climactic-ness
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> The Zardian >> Issue 49 - Not A Creature Was Stirring... (Ballman23)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition