Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A Highborn Holiday

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> A Highborn Holiday
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2010 19:53:44   
Reaper Sigma

EDIT: Comments in the Highborn CnC thread

“Damn you, Loki!” John cursed as he was pelted with another snowball. “Get down from there!”

Loki blew a raspberry at the half wolf from the top of a tall pine tree covered in snow.

“Lighten up, John,” Louis soothed, skating on a frozen lake nearby. "It’s winter, he is simple enjoying himself.”

“And I’m not,” John growled, throwing a snowball at Loki. He easily dodged it and jeered, making faces.

Louis laughed to himself as he skid to a halt in front of Adam, who had been speculating the snowball fight from a distance.

“Well, how are you enjoying your first winter, Adam?” Louis asked.

“I still do not see the logic in the professor’s request for us to come here. We have more important duties to attend to.”

“Ah, we do not see winter at the laboratory. We were lucky to be reassigned to Colorado before winter came.”

They were lucky indeed. The Garden of the Gods was beautiful in the winter, the red of the rock formations contrasting with the white of the snow that covered them. The evergreens made the forest look like a winter wonderland filled with Christmas trees.

“I suppose it is beautiful,” Adam said plainly.

“Why don’t we get John in the holiday spirit? I have a plan, and I will need you and Einstein to help me.”

John sat on a rock, enduring snowball after snowball. Nearly every part of him was covered in snow, his head the only exception. How he hated Loki’s throwing arm. The fact that he couldn’t climb trees or make snowballs right made this each snowball sting more. At least he was warm.

A snowball hit his ear, creating the painful effect of brain freeze.

Scratch that.

The boy on the top of the tree dangled upside-down on a branch, still laughing. But Trikz stopped as he heard the whir of heavy machinery and felt the ground rumble. He looked back and saw a M1 Abrams roll towards him. Or to Loki, a “big-ass tank.”

The tank stopped and the hatch opened. Louis emerged from it, along with Adam.

“Hey!” Loki yelled. “Where’d you get that?”

“The vehicle compound,” Louis answered. “The guards didn’t trust us at first, but when they heard it was for you, they let us borrow it.”

“No way! The guards don’t trust me enough to even go near the armory, why’d they give you a tank?” His eyes were already gleaming.

“Oh, it’s not for you, so to speak.”

“Then who’s it for?”

Louis smiled. “Happy holidays, John.”

Loki could only watch in disbelief as John sprinted on all fours to the tank. The only thought going through the boy’s mind; Oh crap.

John jumped into the hatch to find Einstein at the driver’s seat. His tail wagging wildly, the half wolf could barely keep from giving Einstein a bear hug.

“John, before you use this, there are things you must know,” warned Einstein. “This tank has been modified so that it does not fire shells.”

John’s tail drooped.

“Instead, it fires compressed snow.”

John’s tail began to wag again. The irony of this was extremely sweet.

Louis and Adam watched as Loki dodged the shells of snow being fired at him.

“Hey! Stop it!” Loki yelled, jumping out of the way of another giant snowball.

“One snowball for every one I took!” John yelled back from the hatch of the tank.

Loki gulped. He had lost count at forty-nine.

“How many snowballs are in that thing?” Loki asked from behind a tree.

“Seventy-two,” Adam replied.

Loki screamed as he leaped out from under a falling tree. John opened the hatch and laughed cruelly as the teen hit his head on a rock. Ironically, the one John had been sitting on.

“Do you think John will stop before he uses up the snow?” Louis asked Adam.

“No,” he answered plainly.

Louis sighed. The professor was going to have a heart attack when he learned John was manning the tank. That Highborn could be more destructive than Loki, at times. All they could do now was enjoy the sight of a snow covered wonderland.

“At least John’s finally in the holiday spirit.” Though he pondered his judgment when he decided that a tank was the best present for an angry half wolf. At least it wasn’t as bad as Christmas at the laboratory. Turkey, John, and a fuel cell wasn’t the best combination.

< Message edited by Reaper0001 -- 1/12/2010 16:42:58 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> A Highborn Holiday
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition