Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

An Interview with Introspection

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Poetry and Lyrics >> An Interview with Introspection
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/15/2010 3:12:23   
Jamez.

SWEETNESS, I WAS ONLY JOKING

Forgive me, my child, I never wanted to face the sight of my words strewn as tears down your fair face.
I pull when to push and I push when to pull. A feigned smile misconstrued for my ego is too full.
I won’t hold my breath, though I know I will still choke for that forest is burning and I can’t take all the smoke.

A twisted tongue aside a devil’s lung makes it far too easy to eat your own young.

Forgive me, my dear, for I never sought to place that mask of sorrow upon your fair face.
I pull when to push and I push when to pull. A feigned smile misconstrued, this vita is too cruel.
I won’t hold my breath, though I know I will still choke for that forest is burning and I can’t take the smoke.

A twisted tongue aside a devil’s lung makes it far too easy to eat your own young.

DAYDREAM

Daydream are you here to stay? A golden voice can seem so fey when you’re deprived.
A thousand stars cease to combust against your side, they're nought more than dust.
As my hand's in yours, what's left to dream?

As I sow your name across the sky I’ll lift your voice right up to mine.
I guess it paid when I dared to breathe for I stole your breath like a common thieve.
As we pass where all the good times grow I’ll push back your hair and let you know,
“It may be trite, but I’m yours.”

Daydream, oh you seem so tired so burn your home and please expire in my arms.
We’ll arise to singing bells, a sharpened sound that swiftly quells our time apart.

I guess it paid when I dared to breathe for I stole your breath like a common thieve.
As we pass where all the good times grow I’ll push back your hair and let you know,
“It may be trite, but I’m yours”

A glowing face, a vibrant heart. You said “forever”, well it’s a start, though I wish for more time to share as eternity is strikingly bare.
Don't hide away those ageless eyes for I adore it when you cry your tears of ecstasy, they dress these moments exquisitely.

“It may be trite, but I’m yours”

THE WORLD WE KNEW

“Sorry, we missed you…” read the note they left behind in our failing home and so the story unwinds.
As I retraced your steps I found you by sacred ground, desecrating what we named our cherished, tainting the beauty we had found.

Watch the skyline as the second sun is forged and I melt within the bright eyes.
For the last time, I’ll fake a smile to each of you and I’ll sink within the night.

Poisoned lips met yours and now you know them you can’t hide, you've lent your soul to the devil's control, you’ll drown in the impending tide.
Can't you sense the life being drawn? In your spirits you will drown. I'll desecrate what’s now your cherished, I'll burn it all straight to the ground.

Watch the skyline as the second sun is forged and I melt within the bright eyes.
For the last time, I’ll fake a smile to each of you and I’ll sink within the night.

Oh, my dear, could you watch the sky as you burn?

A DARKER SHADE OF WHITE

Please don’t peek through the walls I’ve built, they only stand for you, solitude’s our fortitude.

How’d it come to be that the Sun wouldn’t live with me? If I close my eyes I’d find new light, though I fear for the side I’d find on that night.

Why were we forced to sing this fractured verse and hold these frozen wings? 

God, guide me back into the womb, I grasped hold of this world too soon. I held it tight, I held it close; then one ill-move and… it all goes.

I'm eternally chasing shadows in the dark as I track that golden ring.

Freeze, freeze, freeze all we’re living for as we play, play, play this sadistic charade.
Freeze, freeze, freeze all we’re living for as we play, play, play this sadistic charade.

Dance with me, breathe in me, show me how to shine.

< Message edited by Jamez. -- 6/2/2010 9:43:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Poetry and Lyrics >> An Interview with Introspection
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition