Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/24/2010 17:48:18   
OnuaNuva

On making money back from the estate:

There is no other method in AQ to 'buy' EXP for Gold and Tokens...

I wonder when my cute little museum will finally do something besides leech resources when not attacked.

(Why yes, I do need to beat that horse that is nearly dead).
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
2/24/2010 23:14:54   
nailimexam

why not just kill the horse and put it out of its misery. Maybe they should switch to working on a house feature that is less difficult.

I wonder what will happen first, a health care bill passing or houses getting an update lol
AQ  Post #: 27
2/25/2010 5:20:15   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

I would put my bet on a U.S. health care bill passing first.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/25/2010 7:00:12   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

I believe Captain has mentioned that the MWP System are going to be AQ's version of Kingdoms. You are going to other planets and establishing Reputation for yourself and building ties between them to where they are helping us in times of War!

And to Captain: Fantastic timeline Get's people off your back for not being specific plus you made a tie in to RL! Keep up the great work with the MAS and Epic Duel payments!
Post #: 29
2/25/2010 12:35:46   
nightshadow989

quote:

I believe Captain has mentioned that the MWP System are going to be AQ's version of Kingdoms. You are going to other planets and establishing Reputation for yourself and building ties between them to where they are helping us in times of War!
thats the point everyone seems to ignore or forget about what you said is right but we were also going to be able to build our own castle on a plot on land on that planet as well and would be allowed 1 per planet that is kingdom people NOT a new house teir what omni said and i added is the jest of what capt said back in the last house discussion thread befor the november estimation
AQ  Post #: 30
2/25/2010 12:46:13   
maikiejj

well.

i think they should hire more people.

They got a big load of games now.

But not enough people for all of them i think. .

Hire a new dude just for the estate shizzle.

Then maybe something is gonna happen.
AQ  Post #: 31
2/25/2010 13:44:20   
Augustus
Helpful!

quote:

I would put my bet on a U.S. health care bill passing first.

LOL Captain! I was just about to post that, when I read your reply!

We know that they are keeping you busy, so just take your time, okay?

Good things come to to those who wait. And I imagine the Good Captain has been rather busy lately.
AQ  Post #: 32
2/25/2010 14:02:37   
bad old lady

@maikiejj The idea to hire more staff sounds simple, but don't forget that most of the staff work for free. There may not be a lot of people waiting in line for a job with long hours, no pay, and people who sometimes has a tendency to complain. I think it has also been said that it takes a certain kind of person to fit in well with the......unique characters already on staff.

@Augustus Well said. For those of you who do not work yet, you may consider that the Captain has to please the bosses. I'm sure he would like to come play with us but instead has do pesky little things to make money for servers, salaries, etc.
AQ  Post #: 33
2/25/2010 14:46:07   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

quote:

ORIGINAL: bad old lady
... you may consider that the Captain has to please the bosses. I'm sure he would like to come play with us but instead has do pesky little things to make money for servers, salaries, etc.

True indeed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/25/2010 15:08:24   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

It's not only a matter of hiring a new person to take over with the estate system. That persona has to be qualified and have the appropriate skills to manage the coding and graphics as well as having access to the appropriate areas AND be willing to work for whatever AE offers them and even that's a gross simplification.

I know how it goes and sometimes it's difficult to get out all the updates you'd like too. I have at least 3 more worlds on the back burner and expansions in mind for the two existing ones. However time is limited and priorities have to be set.

On a totally unrelated side note my local grocery took out the Captain! I used to go in and chase my family around the store with stalks of Rhubarb yelling "The Capn's gonna get ye!" and now that joy is a thing of the foggy past. ¦(

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
2/25/2010 17:55:05   
SIGMUND

quote:

OmniGuardian

Well I guess that is the death of the Kingdoms idea then. If we can't have a castle on another World, there are no more updates here.

That just leaves new plots of underground land and maybe a few different building types. I guess I might stick around to see them but it hardly inspires confidence that AQ has a future.
Particularly with all the staff doing other projects. What I shame.
AQ  Post #: 36
2/25/2010 19:30:40   
Chii
Legendary KoO Snugglebunny

quote:

That just leaves new plots of underground land and maybe a few different building types. I guess I might stick around to see them but it hardly inspires confidence that AQ has a future.

Uh? Not having kingdoms, which were only really mentioned way back years ago when housing first started, isn't particularly much of an indicator that AQ is going to crash and burn. Also, the staff who work on AQ work exclusively on AQ, for the most part.
AQ  Post #: 37
2/25/2010 19:35:44   
Lord Barrius

quote:

Well I guess that is the death of the Kingdoms idea then. If we can't have a castle on another World, there are no more updates here.

AQ doesn't have a future? Guess we'd better fix our schedule, seeing as how we still have content for the entire year planned out (if not even longer). Shame, really. I sure thought we had a lot of cool new ideas planned, but I guess the delay of housing makes all of those updates pointless.

I find it miraculous that AQ survived as long as it did without housing, yet people continue to suggest that delays in further updates to housing is the end of AQ. Nothing could be more incorrect. Might I suggest a bit less melodrama? Housing being delayed due to Captain's business hardly constitutes the "death of AQ".

quote:

We will eventually, remember this is not nearly as bad as assasin was, or archmage still is.
And yet when Assassin came out, it was one of the best updates to AQ in years.

Hm, what's the old phrase about patience....
Post #: 38
2/26/2010 2:03:26   
maikiejj

Yeah sure we can wait.

But as most of the staff can see.

The players really love to see updates to the estates.

The estates is one of the main reasons i still play AQ.

I think a lot of people will also buy more Tokens if needed when there came a massive huge super big update with estate/housing stuff. .

at least i would be very tempted.
And untill now i only bought my guardian ship for 1 account.
AQ  Post #: 39
2/26/2010 4:39:15   
ants

when the trade system comes about.. it'll be bigger than anything since AQ... One of the huge hurdles now is having something different and interractive to do daily besides the weekly releases/ or ballyhoo for that fact which is why the estates were/ still are so popular *offering some of that game style to a small degree*...
THe museum is promising, but the trade hut.. if its past spoken feature gets implemented........... it........... will............. be...................... f.r.enzy
AQ AQW  Post #: 40
2/26/2010 7:02:47   
Legasee
You`re Tearing Me Apart, Lisa!

Something tells me any kind of trading system will prove far too complex to ever implement. I mean, if the Museum is taking this long, that seems to indicate that the job of coding item trading between characters will take forever. But who knows. *shrugs*
Post #: 41
2/26/2010 10:07:44   
Lord Athor

It might be conceivable to be able to trade between the characters on your own account but I doubt that trading items between accounts is way too complicated and not something to strive for either.
Post #: 42
2/26/2010 10:37:46   
bad old lady

I think that the discussion was to have the museum allow a player to level up items she already owned based on the player's level. Say someone purchased Platinum's Edge at a lower level and wanted to purchase the higher level since they had leveled up. The museum would allow that at a cost of tokens or gold. However the character had to own the item to upgrade it. But remember this is what some of the players, including me, were pushing for. I do not think the Captain has said exactly how the museum would work, only that we are earning something while we are waiting patiently. Hope he's not deducting if we whine. Just kidding!!!

I have pushed (nicely ) for trading between players, but I don't remember that discussion in the estate thread.

edit: @below Yes I have always wanted ______. The ______ will be sooo fun to play with. That _____ is a girl's best friend. Joking here, please do not get your panties in a wad. Try some woosa. Just adding a little humor to my lunch break before I go back to the grind. You know I am pro estates & AQ.

< Message edited by bad old lady -- 2/26/2010 13:50:19 >
AQ  Post #: 43
2/26/2010 21:25:07   
nightshadow989

quote:

I doubt that there is gonna be a trading system. never really read anything about it here.
actually i think it was capt who said that the trade hut would change from being npc's to actual players the npc trade right now was just put in untill that was done so yea it very well might be implemented still well have to see of course that was said in the very first house discussion thread and when trade hut first came out
AQ  Post #: 44
2/26/2010 22:54:45   
ants

quote:

Something tells me any kind of trading system will prove far too complex to ever implement. I mean, if the Museum is taking this long, that seems to indicate that the job of coding item trading between characters will take forever. But who knows. *shrugs*

I dont know if the exchange of an item from a player to another would be more difficult than the coding of an enhancement system, quests, tiers etc to the museum system..
Buying an item on the trading dock, would appear no different to that of a reward shop in my fuzzy little invisionment. Its the loop holes that seem to distress the staff i would think.

What is more difficult about the trading system comparative to the museum upgrade system i wonder??

< Message edited by ants -- 2/26/2010 23:05:36 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 45
2/27/2010 0:16:44   
ants

WOuld anyone be supportive of a tag team of 100 players: which do not use any of there resources until the final straw of a war to finish it off quicker.. With 2 storage units, thats effectively 100k waves down in total. The requirements r: Darkovia mansion estate/ forest mansion estate.. with full estate resource plots, mega world portal and 2 storage units *this ensures on average each player dishes out 1000 waves from armies, while at the same being able to accumulate resources quickly*
AQ AQW  Post #: 46
2/27/2010 15:08:19   
Ghengis

Perhaps Ants way will help minimize the wandering red bar syndrome, where everytime after the initial MWP rush or as the war meter increases at a rapid pace after the intial rush, the war meter tends to do jedi mind trick backflips and extend the war for some reason or another just so that it can last longer. I always thought the MWP was supposed to help shorten war time but with the constant changes to the war meter it seems that the real reason the MWP exists is so that they can inflate the number of kills required in the war to make it seem like AQ war sizes havent decreased due to lack of participation.
Post #: 47
2/27/2010 16:00:00   
paladin37

quote:

it seems that the real reason the MWP exists is so that they can inflate the number of kills required in the war to make it seem like AQ war sizes havent decreased due to lack of participation.
Yes, the staff created the MWP so we all wouldnt notice a decrease in war participation. [/facepalm] Think about your logic there.
AQ  Post #: 48
2/27/2010 17:57:58   
SIGMUND

The Wars are going slower over the whole weekend with the fall in active AQ players.
Two years ago we had 15k players online during wars.
Now we are lucky to get 7k online.
The MWP rush at the start of the wars does balance the work of some of these lost players.

In my opinion if it looks like we will finish the war early then a few reserve forces are thrown into the War by the staff.
Previously the staff sometimes adjusted the war meter totals to help us. With Warlick or Galanoth or some other NPC used to explain things.

We could try to hold some forces in reserve until Sunday, but I doubt that we will be allowed to finish the war before the planned finish.
Over all it is just better to use your MWP when you can and use it as much as you can until the war ends.

AQ  Post #: 49
2/27/2010 20:20:16   
Nessa Ellensse

Things that have slowed wars down
Adventure Quest has lost players to DF, MQ and AQW. Though these games have better graphics. I have heard people complaining about Adventure Quest being boreing on other 1)boards. However until the last year or so (especally during the Devo Saga) Adeventure Quest had the best plot going on, DF had hit a slump and AQW was either in devolpment, in alpha/beta or the plot hadn't gotten going yet. I can't speak for MQ as I don't play the game and WF holds very little interest for me as I'm not really that much into scifi games. We've lost a lot of players due to them moving on to newer (and in their opinion better AE games) or in some cases leaving AE all together. A part of me wonders if the estate system was put in place to help compinstate for this or if the staff was going to do this anyway to help us casual players.

2)Face it some times real life is a pain and I can only get on long enough during a war to expend reasourses.

3) some people continue to play AQ while also playing DF, MQ, AQW and/or WF (I play DF and AQW) and though the staff may try to avoid it, some times wars get released at the same week for 2 or more games. I think I remember one Frostvale there was a war going in AQ, DF and MQ at the same time so it helps players to be able to log on to AQ do a bunch of army wins then go farm the war in the other game.

I just wish they would/could do the estate system in DF I really HATE farming Friday the 13th wars. The major reason I got turned off of DF and can't understand why people perfer it to AQ. One can only pwn so many skeletons in hockey masks before getting sick of a game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Houses With Estates - Discussion
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition