Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Mech= iPod?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =Mech= iPod?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2010 7:12:08   
Alixander Fey

Has anyone every written a story on their iPod touch? Because I definately just wrote like 8,000 words on it lol...
DF  Post #: 1
2/11/2010 7:28:19   
Shreder

I think this article is relevant.
DF MQ  Post #: 2
2/11/2010 17:19:05   
Reaper Sigma

I've thought about the idea. It would certainly be a good use of my "Notes" app. And I bring my iPod everywhere with me. But no, I haven't written a story on it. Not yet.
Post #: 3
2/11/2010 19:07:36   
alexmacf

I haven't. I only just got it last month, though, so it's theoretically possible that I could write stuff on it in the future.

EDIT: Oh, this is about the iPod Touch? Never mind, then. I've got a Nano.

< Message edited by alexmacf -- 2/11/2010 21:04:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
2/11/2010 20:54:03   
Gianna Glow

Well, I don't have the iPod touch, but my cell phone is a palm centro and I take notes on it all the time for various story ideas I have or I'll write a poem on there. I also get on here (can't log in though. ~_~) to see whats going on.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
2/12/2010 22:20:30   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I'm behind the times (and unwilling to spend money needlessly). These little electronics are foreign to me. If typing on it is even /close/ to how hard it is to type on a cell phone (yes, even those with keyboards are insane. Do you expect me to use that miniature thing that makes my--fairly small--hands look like a giant's?), then I don't see a point. Much simpler to carry pencil and paper and write. All this new technology... sometimes, I feel like it's made to overcomplicate things. My dad and his constant dueling with his new cellphone (which has so many options that he can hardly figure out how to answer a call) doesn't help my opinion on such matters...

Of course, I'm glad that y'all found it useful. But I really doubt it'll work for someone like me.

< Message edited by Firefly -- 2/12/2010 22:21:56 >
AQ  Post #: 6
2/12/2010 22:27:06   
Dewdrop Fairy
Helpful! Dec. 2007 Writer of the Month

quote:

I'm behind the times (and unwilling to spend money needlessly).

Considering I still refuse to even only get a mobile phone (what for? I don't even answer my regular phone most of the time...) you can probably guess my answer to that.
DF  Post #: 7
2/12/2010 22:39:24   
Firefly
Lore-ian

I don't have a cellphone either, though I probably should get one once I leave home. Of course, the only calls I receive are from people who want me to edit their essays, so maybe I'm better off not being bothered... (Okay, a little exaggeration, but still).

Back on topic, I find pencil and paper easier to deal with than this messy technology stuff. The only downside is that you can't write in the dark (as I found out last night), but at least you're going a lot faster than a pint-sized keyboard (or touch-screen) when you /can/ write.
AQ  Post #: 8
2/13/2010 12:51:57   
Xirminator

I often write on the Notes app on my iPhone. Whenever I can't sleep or when I'm waiting on a bus or a ferry, I use it. I don't write full stories or anything like that though, just outlines and stuff like that.
AQ DF  Post #: 9
2/13/2010 15:37:57   
bobby1013852

yeah i do

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
2/24/2010 19:24:10   
Reaper Sigma

This thread got me to buy a writing app. It's actually quite useful, I can concentrate better than on the computer. I'm making my story for the next Book project on it, in fact.
Post #: 11
2/24/2010 19:51:01   
lonewulfy
Banned

Hey, if you want to type a story on an I-device, you'd better make it this one.

[sarcasm]I kid you not.[/sarcasm] Nor insult you. [sarcasm]Obviously, making a 23-inch Ipod is the best idea ever[/sarcasm]
This'd save you a lot of blisters and frustration.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
2/24/2010 20:53:35   
Arzamol

Has anyone ever written a story about their iPod touch?

Sorry, I just got out of the Unnoficial Games & Contests forum...
DF  Post #: 13
2/24/2010 20:56:13   
lonewulfy
Banned

That's called a news article, silly.

A long list of stories about iPods.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
2/24/2010 21:04:52   
Arzamol

^Horay for stories! Needs more dragons.

I don't have an iPod, don't really need one. Got meself a nook (which can do music).

< Message edited by Arzamol -- 2/24/2010 21:06:04 >
DF  Post #: 15
2/24/2010 21:28:17   
lonewulfy
Banned

Needs more indeed...

I used to type on an iPod touch, until I realized a DSI is much more covert.

So after 10:00 each night, I have to switch. You learn quickly that a stylus is much faster than a thumb.

Please keep your RP-type posting out of L&L. You have already been asked not to post thusly. L&L is a serious place. I expect all who post here to adhere to that standard. ~Eukara Vox

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 2/25/2010 2:16:28 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =Mech= iPod?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition