Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Virins

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> Virins
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2010 5:37:44   
Alopex Lagopus

In AdventureQuest, Miss Fixit said, Virins are symbionts, who control the host and gain its all strengths.

BUT, symbiosis means both the symbiont and the host gain some advantage, and this lifeform is good to both at the same level.
Virins are parasites. Parasite lifeform means the parasite gain all the advantage and the host won't have anything positive, OR gains only negative things. And controlling the host and gain its all strengths is parasitic, not symbiotic.
The Proteans are symbiotic lifeforms. The host get defense, the symbiont gets a host and both will have free mind.
What do you think?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/19/2010 6:03:23   
CODTim

i think The Host gets intellect, the Virin gets strength, only the virin has a free mind.

The proteans and host work together and both have a free mind and gain eachothers advantages.
AQ  Post #: 2
2/19/2010 7:03:27   
necrolich66

proteans are like in spiderman
they can be a symbiote but control mostly the host but since they can let the host use the symbiote they are symbiotes
virins are the same (example virin budy misc)
they mostly control but some let us use them
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
2/19/2010 7:17:31   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

^ I believe it's something like that as well.

IMO, the Virins are temporarily parasitic symbionts (does that even exist? XD ).

Like said in the description: 'Virins are a viral, parasitic highly intelligent life form. They can survive on their own, but bond themselves to either organic, non sentient creatures to do more physical tasks.'

Firstly, Virins don't need symbiosis to survive, they only bond together to do things that would be impossible in their normal state.

Secondly, I believe the Virin can be both a symbiont and a parasite. If it 'teams up' with a monster specifically chosen as a vessel to do more physical things (Behemoths, Spiders, ... ), the Virin will be in control (non sentient creatures are unable to feel or percieve subjectively).
But I believe it can also cooperate with a monster (as demonstrated by the boss in the new AQ quest), giving the Virin protection and power and the monster additional intellect.

Edit: Well, according to the cutscene of the new war, it seems as though the nefadons are as mindless as the behemoths, ... yet the Virin refer to bonding with them as symbiosis. I'm a little confused now. >.>

I guess staff might be confusing the 2 as well, but I still stand by my point that the Virin are capable of either action.

< Message edited by Technomancer -- 2/19/2010 11:55:31 >
AQ DF  Post #: 4
2/19/2010 17:08:19   
iceman514

i'd first like to point out that parasitism and symbiosis are in scientific terms the same thing (yes i know that comes as a shock)

parasitism is a case of symbiosis where the parasite organism benefits and the host organism gains detrimental effects

there are two main classifications of parasite faculative parasite (does not require host to survive) and obliguate (needs a host to survive)

the proteans would come under the heading commensalism i.e. both species benefit from the interaction
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
2/19/2010 17:49:27   
Rhowena
Legendary AK!!!

I think you mean mutualism. Commensalism is the form where one organism benefits and the other isn't affected.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
2/20/2010 19:35:24   
Silver1

If the Virins say they are symbiotes. Maybe the just don't like saying they're parasites. I would prefer being called a symbiotic being rather than a parasitic one. Still that doesn't really explain why others call them symbiotes.

< Message edited by Silver1 -- 2/20/2010 19:36:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
2/20/2010 19:46:44   
lonewulfy
Banned

Strangely enough, this answer came from something my younger sister printed up.

As it turns out, symbiosis is just a general term for Mutualism, Commensalism, and Parasitism.

When they say symbiotes, they refer to the general term. They are still parasites, they just aren't being that specific. Like when you call something a mammal rather than a human.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
2/21/2010 17:14:23   
Avantir

@lonewulfy You're right! So Virins ARE parasites...

You want us to sneak into the Cap and rescue him?

Yes.

Oh. You aren't joking. You're crazy!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> Virins
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition