Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Prose= The Book of Wishes and Luck

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =Prose= The Book of Wishes and Luck
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2010 17:38:54   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I am sooo excited! It is finally MARCH!

And that means a new Book!

This month is the Book of Wishes and Luck. I think that this will be a challenge, which is good. Sometimes we need to be challenged in our writing to get better.

Remember that your story must revolve around either wishes or luck. Same procedures as before. Submit your story by PMing me a link to it on gdoc, pastebin or some other external website/host or if you are an AA/AP, post it in CW for me.

Poetry and Prose are both accepted. 1 page minimum, 5 page maximum.

The Book Project - Explanation of the rules and guidelines for all Books
Book of Wishes and Luck

I will post the link to the new book once we have stories to post.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/20/2010 23:51:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/1/2010 19:35:09   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Q? Yea, I have some. I review some poetries in the Book of Winter and saw shreder10s' and Kiyodais'. Good poems, but the verses ranges. What's recommended: 1 page or 5 page? Do you want an epic? or something like a sonnet? Is a poem with 20 to 50 lines good enough?

I just wanted to be certain, mind me for my rudeness. =)
Post #: 2
3/1/2010 19:37:20   
Eukara Vox

I actually measured the length of a poem using the standards in the main thread. 40 lines is about 1 page. I am not so cruel as to force you to get exactly that, but we do want the poem to have content and length.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/1/2010 19:45:54   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Thanks for the fast reply. I now have something to aim for, 40 lines isn't that bad... :)
Post #: 4
3/3/2010 1:13:05   
alexmacf

I am going to give this one my all. It'll be a pleasant break from the intense work of creating a universe. I'm already scheming some, and thinking about using a quasi-fantastical setting. It may involve fae.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
3/3/2010 1:17:22   
The Extinguisher

Question:

Can I submit multiple small poems that together are long enough for the book?
Post #: 6
3/3/2010 1:36:46   
Eukara Vox

Would they be a series? Related to each other?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/3/2010 16:02:51   
Oddmanthefirst

Question: Can it be a tragedy? For example, MC asked for more money. Wish comes true, however MC is arrested for supposed extortion.
AQ DF  Post #: 8
3/3/2010 16:05:43   
Eukara Vox

My only real major stipulations are that they stick with the theme and obey the rules of AE and L&L. Tragedies are just as good as any other writing. My contribution to the last book wasn't a completely happy story. Most people cried after reading it.

Do what comes naturally. This project series is a way to get everyone writing and enjoying each others labors.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
3/3/2010 16:13:45   
Oddmanthefirst

Well I ask because this month's topic revolves around luck/wishes. Imo, this means that the story has more of a positive mood.
AQ DF  Post #: 10
3/3/2010 16:26:53   
Eukara Vox

Nah, if life was all ponies and candy, we would be bored...

I would welcome a story like yours in a heartbeat. Why? Because, negativity often comes from wishing. Wishing can be interpreted as an easy way out, thus causing more trouble than it was worth.

So, please, do not think that wishes and luck is always positive. The negative accompanies it just as much as the positive.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/4/2010 6:15:35   
Reaper Sigma

Hoorah! The new Book is up!

I've actually decided to use a new idea for this one. Inspired by Euky's last story, in fact. Probably not going to be as good, though.
Post #: 12
3/4/2010 9:16:08   
The Braken Bard

Dang, I actually forgot about the Book of Winter D:
I better make up for it now.
AQ MQ  Post #: 13
3/5/2010 12:46:56   
The Extinguisher

quote:

Would they be a series? Related to each other?

Not exactly. More like a set of poems all with the same theme.
Post #: 14
3/5/2010 15:37:32   
Eukara Vox

Hmmmm

Interesting. We were looking at having the poems be more story-ish, which is why I set the 40 line minimum. Unless each one has a story to it, or an explanation?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
3/6/2010 19:29:08   
Reaper Sigma

When is the deadline for story/poem submissions?
Post #: 16
3/7/2010 15:15:44   
Eukara Vox

Each book runs the entire month it is introduced. So the last day that you can turn in a story is March 31st.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
3/8/2010 7:30:37   
Xirminator

Yay, another book! I have an idea (probably unoriginal, because I think it comes from something I read in my childhood, but who cares) but it involves only wishes. Does it have to involve both luck and wishes?
AQ DF  Post #: 18
3/8/2010 9:06:54   
Eukara Vox

Nope!

I can only be about wishes, only about luck or about both.

Glad you have an idea brimming! I will be writing a fairytale!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
3/8/2010 20:55:33   
horusmaster9

Huzzah huzzah! A new Book! This fills me with almost as much joy as the confirmed news about the next Jay Chou album! :D

Thank heavens I wrote my story way back in February. Now all I have to do is touch it up a little submit it. :D
But is sad that there are no stories for the public to read yet. ;-;

EDIT: Also, should I PM the link to my finished story, or will you magically know? It's hard to tell with you dragonflies... you have all of these connections... <.<

< Message edited by horusmaster9 -- 3/8/2010 22:16:09 >
Post #: 20
3/9/2010 8:44:30   
Eukara Vox

Hehe, well, I decided to go the old fashioned route for this and have you pm me with a link. As tempting as it is to use magic, I won't.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/10/2010 8:36:42   
Eukara Vox

I received two stories so far and are about to put them up for review. I am excited!!!

Who's next?!??!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/10/2010 20:35:31   
Oddmanthefirst

Well I just finished mine up and it has been posted. I don't know if its ready to be pmed though. CC would be appreciated. By the way, I'm not quite sure how these stories are accepted. Do people review the story and just say whether it is accepted or not?
AQ DF  Post #: 23
3/10/2010 20:43:25   
Shreder

Once you PM the link to Eukky, we (the L&L AKs) will look over it, correct any major problems, and then it will be posted in the book.
DF MQ  Post #: 24
3/10/2010 20:52:05   
Oddmanthefirst

So should I might as well send it now?
AQ DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> =Prose= The Book of Wishes and Luck
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition