Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2010 13:35:59   
runer

Thanks for the explanation Ein , and it did take a while to right the post you know (Well ... the quotes actually) anyway , to comment on some other stuff :

quote:

Combo mecha is doable but really difficult.
quote:

If you're really going to go ahead and do this Korin, please, for the sake of balance, lock the combo like what was done with the Decimator (and the Reaper) so that it's only available when the HP level is low. Basically, a Last Resort Alpha Strike. It'll keep to the impressive damage combo and animation, but only as a final resort. Sure, it'll be as OP as the Decimator is/was, but it'll be OP with restrictions.

I have to agree with you on this one , but ... since we are doing combo's , we are also having the "Failure attack" as a factor .... no body likes to see their combo getting broken for the entire match , so here is what i have in mind :

The combo once is used is lock for activation after a certain HP limit OR a turn limit , whichever is first . The combo is then used , now this guarantee's the combo not being lost , but not breaking the game in a short amount of time .

quote:

Although I was hoping the planet post-mortem meant actual cleaning up of the planet, like giving Necryptos an actual ending, removing the Westion War and replacing it with a non-rare version, and other stuff like that. :P

Same here , the Post-mortem idea is pretty useful , but cleaning the remains might be a "Little" more important .

As for the Flag sets , i doubt we will get a mech , mostly a weapon and probably a BADGE ..... well i did not have high hopes for that ...

... The Verification mechs on the other hand .... i am not looking for SCMM OP .... but we have waited and waited and waited for this ... so atleast make it as good as a .... you know a special item mech (Like the ShS t-shirt Seppy , the Artbooks Skullcrusher .... etc) .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 251
9/16/2010 15:18:22   
skyvolt666

quote:

... The Verification mechs on the other hand .... i am not looking for SCMM OP .... but we have waited and waited and waited for this ... so atleast make it as good as a .... you know a special item mech (Like the ShS t-shirt Seppy , the Artbooks Skullcrusher .... etc) .

The Special Item mechs are actually stronger then the SCMM. +80 Defense and +25 bonus in 1 turn makes the Seppy one of the most powerful chassis ingame, if not the most powerful. And Skullcrusher is no slouch either, capable of massive damage output, damage reduction, and all around awesomeness.

I hope to see the Verfied mecha at around regular SCMM power. That means it might be about Psychic Wing/Automorph/Strider power. Not obscenely broken like the Warbear/Mohawk/Lucky Bladestorm, but still good enough to use.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 252
9/21/2010 7:57:41   
black knight 1234567

I haz idea for combo: When youa re at 1-140 health, you can press on the body which activates a list, form ther eyou choose teh weapons which will be use don the combo and the order.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 253
9/21/2010 22:48:41   
forumlogin

@black knight
That's not a combo and you know it. ;D
DF MQ  Post #: 254
9/22/2010 4:17:10   
black knight 1234567

Ooh fine, maybe on the keyboard there are buttone we need too press too make a combo?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 255
9/22/2010 18:22:32   
master mix

In my opinion, the guardian and dragonlord mechs are the ones that should be focused on, other than perhaps the swordfighting.
thinks,"I hope they take my suggestion".

Just saying.

< Message edited by master mix -- 9/29/2010 17:31:07 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 256
10/8/2010 19:33:48   
forumlogin

Ah, swordfighting looks to get another revamp soon. :D
Hopefully it actually is soon, but then I've been saying that repeatedly.
DF MQ  Post #: 257
10/10/2010 13:58:06   
stealthwings
Helpful

It will be soon. The recent releases have not been that good, because they have been working on it.
DF MQ  Post #: 258
10/10/2010 15:51:22   
Decayed Glory

FINALLY! The school shop and steampunk mechs are what I've been waiting for for a year!
MQ  Post #: 259
10/18/2010 3:56:04   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

ORIGINAL: skyvolt666

Remember that contest about a year ago? When are those going to be put ingame again?

I think this really needs to be added to the first post. Arguably, the SCMM's could be put on hold to slowly release these. Might effectively be the same amount of work but might increase morale. Plus, if they are non-rare then they will aid the health of the overall game.

Clan Leader - Westion Fan - Oddball
DF MQ  Post #: 260
10/18/2010 11:49:14   
EinhanderX01

I spy a Zamuel!

Anyway, looks like I can adjust the 1st post to reflect a few of the recent changes.
Post #: 261
10/18/2010 13:00:25   
deathkiller

@Zamuel
do you know where to find them ore anyone else since there were some really awesome looking with it

I hope they dont release to much new (read rare) stuff besides mogloween so they can do their bug-fixes and the soon list
(BTW I thought Korin or Blues somewhere mentioned they already had some Ideas for the verified mechs
MQ  Post #: 262
10/18/2010 13:20:52   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

do you know where to find them ore anyone else since there were some really awesome looking with it

It's packed away somewhere that the staff only has access. It was something I was trying to find before my long hiatus. The only winner I explicitly remember is Lyris and this was before she joined the staff.
DF MQ  Post #: 263
10/18/2010 13:22:41   
deathkiller

if I am right they should be in the Aptril 2009 DNs but they are gone for some reason
MQ  Post #: 264
10/18/2010 13:23:31   
  Vivi
Outsmarting Bugs

Korin mentioned here that:

quote:

DA/Gaurdian has been a known concern recently and I personally want to get those out before the end of the year.

I don't know what he has planned for these but they're at least on the radar.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 265
10/18/2010 13:32:37   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

@Vivi: The contest mechs are something a little different. Last year there was a contest to create a "new" mecha using preexisting chassis and weapons and posting screenshots. Warlic picked a top 10 and then the forums got to vote on what wound up being the winning five. It was noted that it would take a while before they hit the game since they might need tweaks and such since exact specials might not be copied. People were fine with that and the thread was hidden. However, nothing became of this.
DF MQ  Post #: 266
10/18/2010 13:36:47   
  Vivi
Outsmarting Bugs

Sorry, that quote was in response to deathkiller who asked about the verified mechas. I'm actually not sure what happened with that contest.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 267
10/18/2010 14:12:30   
EinhanderX01

IIRC, the top 5 winning builds used the Valkyrie, Mecharoni, Stallion, and Khael Snake chassis, as soon after the contest ended, those mechs were revived partially in preparation for the eventual releasing of the contest mechs.

Which makes sense in a strange sort of way, since adding in a Body and Head attack code would complete the "template" the Staff would work with later, just simply replacing old specials (and maybe attack animations) with whatever they felt fit the winning builds as well as replacing the original's defaults with the customized equipment.

I only remember 2 of the top ten; Lyris' build was rather simple yet elegant, and was the only female-based build from the group. The only others I remember was someone's build using the Stallion mech from Westion, going after a "Flamer" theme (which I think was one of the 5 voted on).
Post #: 268
10/18/2010 15:18:39   
deathkiller

if I am right there was also one with the hunter wraith
@vivi
I said it because it is in progress now but not in that list yet
MQ  Post #: 269
10/18/2010 15:51:53   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

Something I wonder is whether the staff would consider officially striking some items from the list. For instance, charging NSCs for starship rides has been mentioned but I was actually under the impression it was decided against since there was a splash of controversy over the concept.
DF MQ  Post #: 270
10/18/2010 18:10:02   
Maegwyn

Korin, Vivi, and I have had a meeting about the S.O.O.N. list. We are working on how to proceed from this point - and as for the contest I believe the plan was to incorporate those in to the K&S update. Korin has given the blessing to re-awaken the K&S project so will update you with details as we get those finalized.

But first things first: Vivi & I are going to finish up those dropship weapons, starting with the arms and deciding how to handle the buyable laser pointer which is also used as a default on at least one mecha. If all goes well, the arms will be ready for a Wednesday mini-release. I may have the Tek's Mechs (Soluna) shop interface ready by then as well but I'm not promising - that would really be ideal though. Then after that there's a lot we can do to fill the level gaps - do keep in mind that this is interlaced with Mogloween & all the upcoming holidays. Just wanted to let you know we had a meeting about it and we're getting some things geared up.
Post #: 271
10/18/2010 19:04:06   
master mix

When will the verification mechs come out?

I want mah dragonlord mech!

DRAGONLORDS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 272
10/18/2010 20:23:26   
forumlogin

@master mix
Patience, young Padawan. ;D
If they don't come out by next-next year, then you can start. XD

@Zamuel
I'll welcome you again. :D

@Mae
Glad to hear it.
Well, that's an understatement. ;P
DF MQ  Post #: 273
10/21/2010 14:23:21   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

The recent DNs have me curious on what exactly can be considered low lying fruit. It's got me wondering about possible ways things could be handled with fewer resources.

For instance, Braddock Steele's 50 floors mission. In theory, it's Westion's 100 Floors but half as long and with ShadowScythe backgrounds. Add in some text about the mission, a hint about the next mission, and maybe a little more background info on the Star Strikers. In theory, it might be able to squeeze it in alongside another release. In fact, it's probably best to do it that way since his chain is SC only. Being the "middle" of its quest chain would make it easy to skip having a reward shop (thus less work). The mission afterwards could be done as a finale for the chain to keep the whole things short though it might potentially need more work pending on what the staff wants to do with it.

I wonder if there's other ways things could be filled out with "easy" methods.
DF MQ  Post #: 274
10/21/2010 20:14:10   
icemaster 77

Forumlogin: You kind of stole my idea of " if the Guardian and DA mechs aren't released by the end of the year, we will start on a thread about it" But you can post it. I don't mind. I probably think they should be working on the equipment and weapon gap in the begin of December.
MQ AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition