Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?
Page 7 of 14«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2010 0:05:11   
forumlogin

@Diark
Technically that wasn't promised. :P
Just considered. However, I think we should give 'em a few weeks before we add it to the list.

@Age
You have a friend in Runer. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 151
5/20/2010 1:43:57   
Sir inder

What about opening up the other areas in the Labyrinth?
That message "Coming Soon" has been around for so long....
Maybe it could work as a tie-in with the House Artifacts?
DF MQ  Post #: 152
5/20/2010 5:41:54   
runer

As for the Labyrinth , you are right , they should have ................. wait a second ........ weren't they accessible during G.G. Quests : The Loot and Betrayal ??

Though a permanent version should be released .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
5/20/2010 12:52:54   
Dracoa

quote:

Uber Combo Mecha Though happy since it's not around to break balance, it deserves a mention. Credit to cool jason.

I've not read through how many pages there are, but my idea for this would that activating the body would fire off all the weapons that hasn't already been fired and puts them into Cool Down. Thus eliminating balance issues. Yeah. It's basically a one shot damage/DoT/Status/Heal or whatever weapons there are. And no it wouldn't be Warbear powerful either, so unless you are higher level and doing the K&S Challenge, you aren't going to be one attack killing anything.

If that's already been suggested, I'm sorry.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 154
5/20/2010 13:00:57   
skyvolt666

Tyrant Series Update. Seriously I have been waiting forever for those things.
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 155
5/20/2010 19:40:15   
forumlogin

Anyways, just a note:
I noticed K&S is already up there. Sorry arny, you didn't get it. :P

@Sir Inder
I didn't see it in the list. Like the above, though, I may be mistaken. :P

@skyvolt
Rebalancing project is up there.

@Dracoa
It hasn't been suggested.
Though I don't really see how it'd fit in.
It would help with its development and balance, but otherwise, it doesn't go in well with this thread. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 156
5/21/2010 3:03:27   
deathkiller

since it wasn't added or commented about this time last year Warlic did say they might translate MQ to other languages but they would need some help with it
MQ  Post #: 157
5/21/2010 3:54:46   
felixninja

holy creator of lore. thats alot.
Post #: 158
5/21/2010 18:46:27   
forumlogin

@deathkiller
Wow, really?
Last time I saw, in the AE General Discussion, the verdict came down as 'too hard for now' and not likely to happen, and was locked. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 159
5/21/2010 20:06:13   
skyvolt666

Remember that contest about a year ago? When are those going to be put ingame again?
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 160
5/22/2010 19:57:05   
forumlogin

@skyvolt
I remember those things. :P
It's been a while...I don't even remember who and what the winners were anymore.
DF MQ  Post #: 161
5/23/2010 7:58:02   
deathkiller

@forumlogin search the DN archive
sorry I can't quote it because for some reason April 3009 is empty for me
MQ  Post #: 162
5/23/2010 10:19:43   
THIS_IS_SPARTA

..Am I the only one who remembers the mecha contest, you had to make a cool looking mecha and the to 5 nicest ones were supossed to get ingame...
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 163
5/23/2010 10:58:24   
deathkiller

me too april last years the winners of the contest were selected if I am right
MQ  Post #: 164
5/23/2010 11:06:02   
Zebac64

What about the mecha and weapon in the AQ trailer? and the Multi level parking garage that is supposed to be in soluna!

< Message edited by Zebac64 -- 5/23/2010 11:07:06 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 165
5/23/2010 18:00:21   
forumlogin

@THIS_IS_SPARTA
Funny enough, there are 3 people right above that post that remember. :P
Me, deathkiller, and skyvolt.
Personally, I thought that there was one that should've made it, but oh well.

@Zebac
All I remember is the garage. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 166
5/24/2010 4:24:21   
runer

quote:

since it wasn't added or commented about this time last year Warlic did say they might translate MQ to other languages but they would need some help with it

I would doubt MQ would do it anytime soon , i mean , if AE wanted to translate something , the game to be translated is AQW , as for MQ , i just cannot imagine playing it in my home language ....... that will be really stupid .
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 167
5/24/2010 8:05:23   
deathkiller

@runer why
MQ  Post #: 168
5/24/2010 15:12:54   
Jamesl64

Probably because most of the puns wouldn't work any more.
AQ MQ  Post #: 169
5/24/2010 16:59:13   
runer

That is one , another thing is the time and energy spend on such project , third of all , English is the main language in the world , if for example , AE translated MQ into ..... Chinese ? that will only effect the Chinese players as a population , which , in my opinion , most nationalities are minorities here , since this is a global accessed game .

Such project , as i mentioned , would take :

• A lot of time .
  • A lot of Energy .
  • A lot of resources .
  • A lot of money .
  • A lot of help from forumer's (Unless they plan to use a help of a translation companies , which i do not know if they exist , and even if they do , you are speaking about a database of AE , any AE game , regardless what it is , have thousand's of object's in it , AQ might have hundreds of thousand's) , since if they plan to do it on their on , it will take years .

The Result's from this "Addition/Feature" :

• A game that is only understandable by player's who can read the language , and even if they translate the game , it will also make other people feel unfair .

You see , when you put the pros of this in comparison with the cons , you will see that 5 is a much bigger number than 1 (Unless i even forgot something else in the cons) .

This is getting way of topic , in my personal opinion , it is not going to happen , if it does , that will not be anytime soon, which means , it does not belong to this thread .

-R|N
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 170
    5/24/2010 18:56:35   
    forumlogin

@runer
    Unfortunately, if Warlic said he'd do it, it's on the list. :P
    DF MQ  Post #: 171
    5/25/2010 2:46:59   
    runer

quote:

Unfortunately, if Warlic said he'd do it, it's on the list. :P

Not like i did not read that part before i posted . But ; as a whole , the project in my opinion is a failure unless the staff manage to translate the game to the world's most popular languages :

• Spanish
  • French
  • Arabic
  • Chinese
  • Dutch ?

Those are i stipulate as the main languages in the world , if i made any mistake , tell me .

Now since this is going a little of topic ........

Again forum , reread the cons that i listed , you will see a translation of the database is not only a very very energy requiring project , but also time costing , and with the MQ team currently being understaffed (Warlic is working on bladehaven , Blues is on a holiday , and god knows who is where) , such project will not be on the S.O.O.N list , i assume it is a project for AE as a whole , and i still find no problem in AE games being in English , actually , i can study English while being on the forums , and i am perfectly fine with that (Now i know you Americans will jump in the first row saying you are not picking up something new at all , but what can we do ? ) .

I say , do not put the translation on the list , as it is not a S.O.O.N project , and let us keep in mind , 95% of the S.O.O.N projects have been mentioned by the staff at least a couple of times , and the first time i hear about the translation is here .
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 172
    5/25/2010 7:05:45   
    deathkiller

@runer Warlic said he might need some help of members
    MQ  Post #: 173
    5/25/2010 13:14:38   
    runer

Some help ? again , let us assume for one second they might want to translate any of AE's games , which language's are they going to translate to ? my mother language (First language) is one of the most spoken , if AE gets translated , why wouldn't it be translated to other languages than mine ? this is a main problem , and i am speaking out of an example .

And let us keep in mind that Korin is the guy in charge now , and many thing's changed since warlic left .
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 174
    5/25/2010 15:15:10   
    EinhanderX01

There's always the option of translating MQ to at least Japanese, given that mech-themed games tend to flourish fairly well there.

American Spanish is another option.

Though it would be fun playing a British English version of MQ, given the more formal style of English.

The only other obstacle is getting a different set of puns/references/allusions incorporated into the foreign translations, given that what may be a pun to those in the US is not the same as the ones in Europe or Japan.
    Post #: 175
    Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Content Coming S.O.O.N?
    Page 7 of 14«<56789>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition