Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[Article] Origins of April Fools

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> [Article] Origins of April Fools
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2010 13:01:44   
Postmaster General

As April approaches, I am reminded of April fools day. A holiday devoted to pranks, hoaxes, and gags. Most pranksters are equipped with the standard whoopee cushions and hand buzzers. While some veteran jokesters go for more elaborate tricks. What is the origin of April fool’s day? I began my search on my computer database.

I searched April fools in the Sir Chengine program and found all sorts of queries on the subject. First thing on my results list was an article from Mechapedia. The article was very informative but I was unsure that the source was credible. But the information could not hurt me in my quest for knowledge. I read that in some areas, anyone who performs a trick after noon of April 1st is the “April Fool”. But this information was only speculation and could not be used as valuable information. So I moved on. My next source was a piece from Snoops. The Snoops said, “The holiday began in the 1500’s when the Gregorian calendar took over from the Julian. Those who forgot to change and attempted to celebrate New Year’s on the wrong date were teased as “April fools”.” After countless searches, these were the only two possibilities I could find. Epic fail?

I came as close as I could to my conclusion. April fool’s day was a holiday made for the mischievous. While the origins might be debatable, the important thing is that you enjoy it. And a word to the wise: while playing pranks, keep them safe and give the pranked a break!

Happy April fool’s day!

< Message edited by Sheriff Duncan -- 4/18/2010 13:08:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> [Article] Origins of April Fools
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition