Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mother Goosebump's Fairly Tales

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Mother Goosebump's Fairly Tales
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/23/2010 17:06:18   
Postmaster General

quote:

For you, I have a special story. The spirits told me that you would come, and that I must teach you these lessons, so that you will truly understand and share. Society must know what really happened. Be forewarned, if you do not share, you will regret your inaction.

I'm sure you've heard all those stories when you were a child; stories told to teach lessons. The only problem with these stories, they aren't true. I have come here to tell the true stories. To tell the untold, and right the wrongs that time has made precedent. I must warn you, the truth is much more disturbing than the fairy tales you heard in your childhood. Prepare yourself!
~Mother Goosebump

I did not believe her, and I kept the note to myself. I learned, as you will see, that it was not good to upset these spirits. I can only hope that by sharing here, I can save myself from their wraths.

Reader beware, the stories are true! Do not scoff, just accept them, and learn from them.

For my sake....

< Message edited by Sheriff Duncan -- 4/23/2010 17:38:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/16/2010 11:20:36   
Postmaster General

The Man made out of Sugar

Amazed at the insanity of this note, I was not sure what to expect. I showed my friends the wierd inscription on the old tattered page, but they just said it was an old carnival gag.

"Yea, you're probably right," I said as I continued their jest. "The old bag was half-off her rocker anyways." My mocking tone hardly reflected my worried anticipation. I continued on with my friends, as we left the carnival, unease settling within me all the while. Seeing my discomfort, my friends decided to take me out to the bar, to take my mind off of things. Alchohol slowly drowned any contemplations I had of the gypsy.

Later that night, I sat in bed at home. The odd occurings had long left me. As I lay there, staring up at the ceiling, the shadows on the walls began to move. Turning my head, I stare intently at the shadowy visages which have begun to take shape.

The image cast by the light outside cast silhouettes onto my walls. What were once tree branches, now became hands. Utility boxes became stout little legs, topped by a plump torso. I rubbed my eyes, thinking the drinks were simply getting the better of me.

The appearance did not change, and I turned away. I shut my eyes, covered my ears with my pillow, and created a bunker in my bed in which I sat, hoping the images were only in my head.

Silence, I sat for what seemed like ages. There was no movement, no sound. I peaked open one eye and saw that there was also no light. The illumination which was cast by the street lamp outside had ceased. An unlucky coincidence, I thought.

I turned over and returned my gaze to the wall on which the shadowy transformations had taken place. There was now no light from which the shadows could be cast, and I let out a sigh of relief, it seemed as though I was safe.

"Come on, man! Get it together, it's just like everyone said, just some hokie carnival tricks to entertain the kids."

"Are they?" A voice crept out from the darkness...

< Message edited by Sheriff Duncan -- 5/16/2010 11:23:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Mother Goosebump's Fairly Tales
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition