Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mother Goosebump's Fairly Tales (Comments)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Mother Goosebump's Fairly Tales (Comments)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/23/2010 17:31:27   
Postmaster General

A while back, my friends and I decided to go to the carnival while it was still in town. We took part in the festivities; from the rides, to the games, to the food. I had myself an excellent night, thinking there was no way it could be tainted.

As we started to leave, my friend noticed a small buggy with a sign outside saying 'Free Fortunes'. The cart was made of old, rickety wood with large wooden cartwheels. I was hesitant to approach it, but after much coaxing, I submitted. We lined up at the door and climbed up the small ladder into the body of the buggy. Once inside, we circled around a small table with a glass orb in the middle. There were pillows on the floor which we used as seats, and circled around the ball.

A voice emanated from the shadows behind us, "So, you are interested in the future, are you?"

We screamed as fright overcame us.

Acting as the skeptic, I spoke up, "Woah lady! No need for the theatrics, just give us our fortunes so we can get out of here! This is a load of mumbo-jumbo, so the sooner we get them, the sooner we can leave."

"Ahhh, very well," she said.

The creepy gypsy approached the crystal ball and began waving her hands around.

"Y'kean dkae jin alaa...Mehan dhaen dkae jin..." The woman began chanting in an unknown language and the light the single lamp in the cart began to flicker. The floor shook beneath us and a murmuring sound surrounded us.

The tension in the room was thick. Then, almost instantaneously, it was over. The fortune teller held out small pieces of paper towards us and we all took the one that she designated. She held them like a hand of playing cards, and I watched as my friends grabbed their own fortunes. I went to grab a fortune for myself, but she retracted her hands into her shawl.

"No, no, no, you get this one." She said, gesturing to an envelope she pulled from her pocket.

I looked at it, questioning whether or not to grab it. I decided it couldn't hurt to read it and snatched it from her hand. By now, my friends were already outside and walking back to the car, I ran out of the car and raced to catch up with them, not saying a word to the lady as I left.

Here, I share with you the letter give to me by this gypsy. Apparently her name was Mother Goosebump.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/24/2010 3:01:41   
Crimzon5

No stories yet? So question: Are the stories gonna be really real? And did you really meet with Mother Goosebump?

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 2
4/24/2010 3:06:44   
Postmaster General

No, I did not actually meet any Mother Goosebump.

The stories will come later, I had a soccer game to go to, and was unable to post the first one. It will be up soon.

This first post here in the comments thread, is to act as somewhat of a prologue. It is entirely fictional. I just thought it would be fun to use a story much like this as an introduction to my versions of the popular fairy tales.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/24/2010 3:17:18   
Crimzon5

quote:

This first post here in the comments thread, is to act as somewhat of a prologue.

Gets. So it's the narrator, not you that was talking. Ah well... hope you won in your game (and it better not be 2nd place xD)
AQ DF  Post #: 4
5/16/2010 20:32:28   
Postmaster General

The beginning of Chapter 1 is now up. I am still deciding if I like the format of this story, I may change some things later on. Comments greatly appreciated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Mother Goosebump's Fairly Tales (Comments)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition