Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Story and Dev= 29Apr2010 Design Notes Cycle Two of Bizzare Flecks begins.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> AQ Design Notes >> =Story and Dev= 29Apr2010 Design Notes Cycle Two of Bizzare Flecks begins.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/29/2010 13:41:30   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Following on Abode's announcement the Player returns to battleon to seek out information about the stable portal the abode detected. Only the town is oddly quiet. No mages in sight. Naturally the player goes to seek out the one Mage native to battleon to ask but Warlic seems away... what then is that strange light glistening on the shelf?

Star Blecch!?! represents Eldron's first full length contribution of a quest to AQ and it is classic AQ silliness and parody as the player is cast into an entirely alien situation while trying to find a way to save Gaiden Cartwright from the monstrous Artix von Krieger. I will not give too much away or talk too much about the process of developing Star Blecch?!! as hopefully Eldron will take a moment to share his experiences with you himself. I will say that the second Cycle like the first one will try to be as contiguous as the stories themselves and the many releases allow.

I will say also that time between worlds is a funny thing.

Beam Me up Mr. Snott.

P.S. a bit of forewarning. Galanoth our illustrious leader is in the air today at the regular release time so release may well be released 4 or 5 hours later then the more regular release time.

< Message edited by Falerin -- 4/29/2010 13:43:21 >
Post #: 1
4/29/2010 14:46:48   
  Eldron

Greetings to all,

Well, I’m excited! I’ve been working with Fal for sometime on storylines and to finally see my own piece become reality is amazing. It was an intriguing process watching the story take shape.

Falerin first approached me with his story line of the Bizarre Fleck Saga. It was quite an interesting and dramatic event. I am a lover of parody and puns and when Fal shown me what he had done to that point on the Fleck saga, I knew I had to do something a little “different”.

I have been a trekie since the sixties and seventies. I remember in the seventies running down to the basement TV room in the dorm or to a friend’s dorm room to watch Spock and Kirk do the improbable. Perhaps the funniest thing for me was the totally serious way they went about it. That being said, Star Blech is a parody of Star Trek from then to now. Players get to be part of the improbable events and hopefully will get to save the universe in the process.

It didn’t actually take as long as I thought to write the actual story line and with the help of some friends who took the time to read it and make suggestions, the story quickly took shape. I also spent some time creating some artwork concepts that I thought would fit with the story and the AE artists did a remarkable job bringing my crude artwork to life.

In this story things are never what they appear and our memories can be a bit tricky at times. Friends become enemies and sometimes just trying to get a cup of tea can be a disaster. But enough said, time to beam up. Grab your gear and your Dramamine™ it’s going to be a bumpy ride.

One to beam up Snotty!

Eldron

< Message edited by Falerin -- 4/29/2010 15:05:34 >
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> AQ Design Notes >> =Story and Dev= 29Apr2010 Design Notes Cycle Two of Bizzare Flecks begins.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition