Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Book of War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of War
Page 1 of 912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/1/2010 23:23:08   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The Book of War

Well, the votes are in and we have a definite winner.

Along with the normal rules found here Book Project, I have additional thoughts to be kept while you write.

1. Yes this is a Book of War. But that does not give you license to go over the rules of violence, taste, gore, etc. Keep this story within the forum and L&L specific rules.

2. If we find your piece just way too much to edit, we will reject it. If your piece has a few places that are suspect, we can correct it.

3. Do NOT use this book as a platform to preach, soapbox or attack cultures in the real world. If we suspect that this is being done, your piece will be rejected.

4. Story will be extended to 7 pages for those of us who cannot stop typing.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/20/2010 23:53:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/2/2010 1:34:49   
alexmacf

It's open!

I'm doing fairly well at constructing a war story that isn't R-rated, actually, considering the closest I've ever come to such was "Moses' Hannakuh" (which doesn't have the feel I'm aiming for). It should be ready in a couple more weeks.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
5/2/2010 10:03:41   
Postmaster General

Awesome! I have a great idea that I hope will be very interesting for all of us! While not my favorite theme, I think it will certainly create an environment that is sure to encourage activity. Can't wait to see what everyone has to offer!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/2/2010 10:53:22   
Reaper Sigma

Finally! The Book of War is here!

I'm halfway done with my submission. I had a story about the Knights Templar, but I scraped that due to the fact that I like being original.
Post #: 4
5/2/2010 12:39:04   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

I just submitted my story, though it may need a few fixes and edits here and there.
Post #: 5
5/2/2010 16:58:55   
Eukara Vox

Oh wow, a submission already!

Sweeeet!

I am still planning mine, but hopefully it will be interesting to you. It will be war, unicorns, lions, people, emotions, pain, hope and faith. Does that give you enough?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/2/2010 17:18:28   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

UNICORNS!!!

... Sorry, got a bit worked up there...
Post #: 7
5/2/2010 19:37:07   
Goldstein

War? Why do you need that preposterous element for?

Прощай сэр! Желаем удачи!
Farewell Sir! Good Luck!

"Allo comrade, why don't you give me a click on the ol' noggin and enjoy a nice little tale of action and sorrow and comedy? Cheerio!"
Post #: 8
5/2/2010 19:58:11   
Timhortanz

Hmm... Can't wait to read it. :D

quote:

I am still planning mine, but hopefully it will be interesting to you. It will be war, unicorns, lions, people, emotions, pain, hope and faith. Does that give you enough?

Does that not sound like Narnia? Or is it just me :P
MQ  Post #: 9
5/2/2010 20:07:01   
Jadugarr

quote:

It will be war, unicorns, lions, people, emotions, pain, hope and faith. Does that give you enough?

I was thinking something more in the 'giant, overweight, blue bird' family. <3 Jad. You never know....
But, y'know, whatever.

Mine's coming along. Trying to make a happy bloodbath.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/2/2010 22:24:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 10
5/2/2010 20:18:01   
Sir Nicholas

Technically, my latest work Dark Waltz is a war story, because it takes place during a crusade against an undead threat. However, war is just one part of it, romance is also a major point.

I've made several war-stories in my time, all of which have had an underlining tone- The characters who participate in the conflict are most affected, because they experience it directly. In war, all who fight face terror, torture, gruesome death and the pain that can only be described as the loss of a friend or loved one.

When it comes to fiction, I have absolutely no problems with conflict, so long as it is not meant to encourage it. As for real war, some call it sacrifice, others call it necessity, but I call it the loss of finite and precious souls.
AQ  Post #: 11
5/2/2010 21:39:22   
Goldstein

My little tale is coming along nicely... prepare for the zany antics of the Russian KGB agents, Zavid, Aleks, Irene and Green!

Farewell Sir! Good luck!
Post #: 12
5/2/2010 21:40:12   
Reaper Sigma

Awww, I wanted to be the first story.

Oh well. I'll aim for first five.
Post #: 13
5/2/2010 21:45:22   
Goldstein

Well, as the Russians say: Желаем удачи! Good luck!

Farewell Sir! Good luck!
Post #: 14
5/3/2010 3:26:29   
demolitiondragon
Constructively Friendly!

Shotgun the medic...!
EDIT: ...I take the medic.

=P

< Message edited by demolitiondragon -- 5/3/2010 3:27:16 >
Post #: 15
5/3/2010 11:28:24   
superjars

This all sounds very interesting and exciting. I think I may go for an epic war poem, something like the Iliad if you need a reference. I've never written an epic poem before and I think it would be an interesting project to shoot for. I will begin working on it ASAP. Good luck to everyone else on your submissions.

Edit: Eukara, I cannot get to the Book Project link that you put in the opening post of this thread... I figured out why. You linked to edit.asp, but you need to link to tm.asp. Link should be http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17057638

< Message edited by superjars -- 5/3/2010 12:10:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/3/2010 12:49:34   
Eukara Vox

I did, didn't I?

I must have copied the link when I was copying the previous book links in that post. Thanks for catching that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/3/2010 12:55:26   
superjars

One further question: Is there a deadline submissions should be made by? I like deadlines, helps me plan out my writing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/3/2010 14:30:34   
Ganden

I think I'll try and get something in for this, after I get done with finals. What to write, though... Hm...

-Tolan

We have enough people who tell it like it is;
we need more people who tell it like it should be.
--My motto for life.
MQ  Post #: 19
5/3/2010 14:35:03   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

I've already got a war story that I like, but I think I'll write something else, maybe poetry for a change. If nothing comes together, I'll submit the short story.
AQ AQW  Post #: 20
5/3/2010 16:53:53   
Eukara Vox

The book runs the entire month it is posted in. So you have until May 31 to submit your story or poetry.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/3/2010 17:03:13   
superjars

It's coming along nicely, so that shouldn't be a problem.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/4/2010 0:54:17   
Crimzon5

Page extension? Then this could get an update, right?

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17057638

quote:

~Poetry and Prose are welcome to complete this. We welcome both as a means to tell a story. But, keep in mind that if you write poetry, the narrative poem must be between 1 and 5 pages too, just as the prose.

Fixed. And Crimzon, no one is supposed to read your stuff until it is posted in the book.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/4/2010 15:10:17 >

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 23
5/4/2010 14:15:48   
Gianna Glow

Hmmm... I think mine will have something to do with War. What do y'all think? :P Not clear enough? Well, too bad. :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
5/4/2010 14:18:27   
Postmaster General

@Crimzon5: The book project rules are fo all Book Projects in general. Eukara has only recently allowed the extension for this specific project. At least, for now.

@Gianna: What a coincidence! So is mine!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of War
Page 1 of 912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition