Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of War
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2010 18:32:58   
Reaper Sigma

quote:

quote:

I think mine will have something to do with War.

What a coincidence! So is mine!

Really? Mine's not.
Post #: 26
5/4/2010 19:44:56   
Goldstein

good, Reaper, I'm not the only one. Good.

Прощай сэр! Желаем удачи!
Farewell Sir! Good luck!

"Allo comrade, why don't you give me a click on the ol' noggin and enjoy a nice little tale of action and sorrow and comedy? Cheerio!"
Post #: 27
5/4/2010 20:17:34   
Timhortanz

:P I am excited to read all these, as I said before. I'd love to write something, but the closest I can get to writing is RPing or pathetic short stories.

And I can't rhyme for a dime,
let alone a dollar,
so don't gimmee a holler,
'cuz I fail at writing,
and my book wouldn't come close to exciting.

That's all I got. Which took me like 5 minutes to write T~T
MQ  Post #: 28
5/4/2010 22:05:23   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Tim

I would encourage you to submit a story anyway. This project is not only for people who consider themselves spectacular writers, but for people who want to take a chance, practice a skill, or get better. I really would like to have anyone and everyone participate. It only makes the book better.

I ask that you reconsider your decision. Your writing would be a great addition.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/4/2010 23:09:38   
superjars

I agree with Eukara, Tim! It would be great to have all of the stories/poems/whatever that we can. In fact, that's what the Books project is all about. Everyone, no matter how long they've been writing, coming together to create a work that is better than all of us! So, put your thinking cap on, throw down some ideas and get those fingers a-working and I know that whatever you bring will be a benefit to the book and not a detriment! And that goes for anyone reading this. Write on, Right on!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/5/2010 11:00:09   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

*Holds my steely pen high and follows superjars into battle and glorious victory!*

Sorry... felt a little inspired... ; )
Post #: 31
5/5/2010 15:28:43   
Torn

All right, a new book! One question Eukara, can it be a one man army against a normal army. I plan on Torn being horribly out numbered.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
5/5/2010 15:51:02   
Eukara Vox

Well, you can but then your story would be more like a video game than not.

I have trouble with one man armies personally. Reality, feasibility, etc... I am not saying you can't. This is your story and your submission. I am merely advising you to be careful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/6/2010 1:44:22   
arlpogi24

uuuuhhhh...what's the book of war???can som1 tell me!?

Post #: 34
5/6/2010 2:09:28   
Eukara Vox

Everything you need to know is in the first post. Please refer to that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/6/2010 3:46:24   
Crimzon5

Oh, Eukara, I just noticed there was another bullet paragraph in the rules which states:

quote:

~Poetry and Prose are welcome to complete this. We welcome both as a means to tell a story. But, keep in mind that if you write poetry, the narrative poem must be between 1 and 5 pages too, just as the prose.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17057638 fixed

quote:

Really? Mine's not.

quote:

good, Reaper, I'm not the only one. Good.

Can't wait to see what you guys meant by that ;)

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/6/2010 9:28:19 >

Can you see the Visions?
AQ DF  Post #: 36
5/6/2010 5:21:27   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

This project looks very interesting and I am thinking of participating with a story or a poem(s). I do have a few questons...

quote:

Then, you need to copy and paste your story some where externally and send either me or one of the AKs the link to your story. We will take it from there.
from here http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17057638.

What does that mean copy some where externally? I only know to upload pics on sites, but text?? If I have a story can I put the text in a PM and send it to Eukara Vox or one of the AKs? I guess what I am asking is how do I send my work to you.
And last question: is it a problem if the fictional story and poem are about my Paxia Clan?

< Message edited by balubamboto -- 5/6/2010 5:22:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/6/2010 9:30:53   
Eukara Vox

Externally means something like gdocs, pastebin... sites or services like that.

You are more than welcome to PM it to me, but remember that there is a 4000 or so character limit per PM, so if it is long, you will have to send it to me over several PMs. And that really isn't a problem for me as long as it isn't one for you. Just make sure you title each PM with an order number, like: War is Dead, part 1; War is Dead, part 2; and so on.

As to where your story is set, the only thing I would be wary about is a fanfiction outside the AE universe, as that can get sticky. But a clan story? No problems there. If anything, I think that would be really cool. It would give my character, Eukara Vox, something very interesting to ponder.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/6/2010 9:32:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/6/2010 9:56:30   
FC

Would you mind explaining the rules a tad. Does my submission require it to be connected with AE or can I write what ever fit's the topic/story?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
5/6/2010 10:08:46   
Eukara Vox

The only requirements I have are in the rules. This is a creative writing and sharing venue for everyone on the forums. It doesn't have to be connected at all to AE lore and worlds. The last two books, Book of Winter and Book of Wishes and Luck, had maybe one or two stories that were AE related. I would love to see more done in the AE universe, but that is a personal desire, not an official one.

It is your story, your ideas. If you choose to do an AE fanfic, then cool. If not, that is cool also. It's up to you.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/6/2010 10:09:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/6/2010 11:20:55   
FC

Should I send my work via pm or? I already have an idea and motivation.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
5/6/2010 11:23:01   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

quote:

~If you are an approved author or poet, you will work on your submission in Creative Writing where we will take the final copy once you indicate it is done.

~If you are not an Approved Author or Poet, there are a couple of things to consider and do before submitting your writing.
..........One, you must make sure that you have edited your story as completely as possible. Check your spelling, punctuation, paragraph separation, grammar, and plot. Please refer to the various writing guides in this forum for more details.
..........Then, you need to copy and paste your story some where externally and send either me or one of the AKs the link to your story. We will take it from there.

- http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17057638

So, PM the link to your work. =)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
5/6/2010 12:09:38   
FC

Thanks for the help, didn't really read the first post carefully enough :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/6/2010 16:03:44   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Submitted some things, very interested regarding this "Book of war" project, one of my favourite topics if I think about it. Well...writing something about a war or a battle is something I like to do, my opinions on real life wars are far from similar. It a shame that today is the first time I visit these parts of the forum and try to get involved in something!

< Message edited by balubamboto -- 5/6/2010 16:05:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/6/2010 16:46:06   
Eukara Vox

Don't think of it as a shame!

Think of it as a new place to begin!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
5/6/2010 18:10:13   
Goldstein

Oh, I'm sure you'll be amused. I hope I don't let you down.

Прощай сэр! Желаем удачи!
Farewell Sir! Good luck!
Post #: 46
5/6/2010 20:45:50   
Timhortanz

Hmmm... Fine, I'll give it a crack :P Soo... War story... I'm thinking... WAR!!! :O 'Cuz I'm original like that.

*Begins to type lazily* Once I get an idea, I'll stop hitting random letters and actually type a story :D
MQ  Post #: 47
5/6/2010 22:09:43   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

It looks like the size of this next book is going to be pretty significant. This also brings something else to mind though; have you ever thought of actually publishing these 'Books' for real? I know it may seem a little over the edge, but many of the members of L&L are some of the most talented individuals I have come to know, and as much as I like reading their works, I have never liked excessive reading via my laptop screen.

To have a physical book in my hands would be a much more satisfying experience in my opinion, and maybe if some of the talented AE artists got together to put some illustrations in it would make it that much more enjoyable. Or better yet; take steps to extend the project into the arts section and have the many talented artists from there and all across the forums help out too.

I'm not saying this has to happen in the near future, but I think it would be an eventual goal worthy of the Battleon community. Just a thought, however radical it may seem.

Your opinions on the matter?
Post #: 48
5/6/2010 23:29:57   
alexmacf

Oh my gosh, that would be awesome.
But the AE staff would probably want to ask everyone who's stories get used what they want to be published under in the book. I would love to have it on my college application "Published by Artix Entertainment, 20XX", but I can't do that if it's alexmacf getting published, it's got to be Alex<rest of first name> <last name>.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
5/7/2010 0:38:01   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

Well I am sure that if you wanted to include your real name they would if you offered proof. If they did do anything like that then it may in fact have to be a requirement. I don't know, but we may eventually be able to work something out. I know I most certainly would love to see it happen.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of War
Page 2 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition