Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of War

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of War
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2010 4:43:49   
horusmaster9

That would be pretty awesome, but I don't see it happening any time soon. I'm not sure about all that legal stuffs that goes on, but what would the point of publishing a book if all of the content is already online? There's the ink vs. pixel argument, sure, but can't you just have someone print that off?
Eh. That's irrelevant, though. I'd actually really lurve to get one of those books, even if they are sometimes used as grounds for evil experiments.

I'm planning on getting my story in by the end of today (first week of May) server time. It's changed so much since I wrote the first version back when the Book of War was absolutely going to win the poll thing. Shame that it's still rather bad... T.T
But nothing a little editing can't fix. :D

Post #: 51
5/7/2010 6:17:21   
Reaper Sigma

quote:

I would love to have it on my college application "Published by Artix Entertainment, 20XX", but I can't do that if it's alexmacf getting published, it's got to be Alex<rest of first name> <last name>.

quote:

Alex(andria)(Big)MacF(itzgerald)

Yes, I stole that from Puppy. Probably not the exact same thing, but it's what I remember.

I'm going to have to do a lot of editing before my story is ready to go.
Post #: 52
5/7/2010 8:45:10   
Timhortanz

I have began to write. It is a small, pathetic army, against the biggest force in the world. The first part is told from the PoV of a Narrator, and the second from a warrior in the smaller army. I'm so original
MQ  Post #: 53
5/7/2010 11:17:17   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

It will be original! Even if it is a theme that's been done, you are the writer, which means you bring something of yourself into the mix, creating a unique aspect to the story.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/7/2010 14:36:50   
Reaper Sigma

quote:

I'm so original

Yeaaaaah, not really. Sounds a lot like my story. *stares*
Post #: 55
5/7/2010 16:38:53   
Goldstein

Mine is a similar, but different to that, if that makes any sense.

Прощай сэр! Желаем удачи!
Farewell Sir! Good luck!
Post #: 56
5/8/2010 3:42:01   
horusmaster9

I wasn't expecting to sleep for 12 hours straight. Can't believe I didn't make my personal deadline. T.T

But that's irrelevant. Are we allowed to submit two stories? I ask because I've already finished one and I just figured out how to extend the little "series" thing I have going on. xP
Post #: 57
5/8/2010 13:52:07   
Eukara Vox

I beleive someone asked this in one of the prior discussion threads. I recall saying that yes, up to two stories/poetry sets could be submitted.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
5/8/2010 15:11:28   
Timhortanz

*Yawn* Still working on my story slowly... Whats the age group I should be keeping the violence to? Pg 13, correct? :P
MQ  Post #: 59
5/8/2010 16:10:37   
Eukara Vox

Tim, the first post has the rule reminders, plus all AE forum rules and L&L specific rules apply. If you are unsure, please review them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
5/9/2010 9:56:08   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Hmmm...this should be fun. I have several war stories that I can submit, the only problem would be editing out all the blood and the relevant names...
DF  Post #: 61
5/10/2010 3:01:32   
Eukara Vox

The Symphony of War by Urufuhiken

Our first story of the Book of War!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
5/10/2010 3:20:07   
Postmaster General

Congratulations Urufuhiken!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
5/10/2010 4:23:24   
Crimzon5

It sure was a nice read, just like all (if not most) of his stories :D
AQ DF  Post #: 64
5/10/2010 19:43:26   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

Don't let anyone know Crimz, it is a secret. ; )
Post #: 65
5/10/2010 20:04:59   
Goldstein

Delightful read, I must say. Quite the engaging and serious little story. Too bad mine's so gung-ho. Oh well.

Прощай сэр! Желаем удачи!
Farewell Sir! Good luck!
Post #: 66
5/10/2010 21:49:02   
fantasyboy122

Since it is a book of war, i think i should think about each chapter there is a fantasy and finish it , and at the end of the book you will have to defeat the lord of the books......

That is all....
DF  Post #: 67
5/10/2010 22:02:17   
Postmaster General

@Fantasyboy112: Just remember that you only have until roughly the end of the month, and must fit your entire work into 7 pages or less. So such an expanded format may not fit the specifications Eukky has described.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
5/10/2010 22:54:55   
Eukara Vox

Black Life, White Death by Crimzon5

Newest entry!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
5/10/2010 23:00:13   
superjars

I think I'm going to wait and read all of the different stories all at once *looks at calendar* I've got to get working on mine again!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
5/10/2010 23:30:03   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

Very interesting Crimz, very interesting indeed. I like what you did with it; such an intricate game is war.

@Goldestein
Everyone loves a little mindless and destructive violence from time-to-time! (Well, within good reason of course.)

< Message edited by UrufuHiken -- 5/10/2010 23:32:10 >
Post #: 71
5/11/2010 18:20:30   
Reaper Sigma

Halfway there. Livin' on a prayer. >_>

Post #: 72
5/11/2010 19:14:33   
alexmacf

^ Take my hand, we'll make it I swear. Wo-oah, livin' on a prayer.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
5/11/2010 21:30:22   
astro999

Well, I am hands down the worst writer who will submit something, but I guess I might as well anyway. Eukara, you should have my PM.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 74
5/11/2010 21:42:12   
UrufuHiken
Creative!

@ astro: Ye of little faith and great modesty, do not hold yourself in such doubt!

and now I have to go listen to Bon Jovi...

Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of War
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition