Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A note for what is in store for L&L

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: A note for what is in store for L&L
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/20/2010 19:56:38   
Postmaster General

I assume these next few weeks will be just as busy as this past one has for the L&L AK's.

I'm happy to see additions to the already fabulous L&L. I can only hope that these will bring even more activity this way!

Is there an ETA for the facelift?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
5/20/2010 20:20:19   
Circe
Stand Back

How does right now work for you? :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/20/2010 20:25:14   
Nightly

Not to good. Got a few papers to write ;P
Post #: 28
5/20/2010 20:27:45   
Postmaster General

Excellent! Will there be updated rules regarding the new L&L format?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/20/2010 20:28:29   
Timhortanz

Hmm... Interesting new format, it'll take time to get used to... I can't find my poetry. Where did it go? D=
MQ  Post #: 30
5/20/2010 20:32:30   
Postmaster General

All work has been moved pending the completion of the facelift. As Eukara said in both the old WA and in Forum Support, it is not lost....just hidden.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
5/20/2010 20:56:17   
horusmaster9

More container forums, I see...

And, uh, I can't seem to find where the ENG101 threads went. I didn't know anything could hide from my all-seeing undead eyes. ._.

It'll take a bit more maneuvering than it did last time, but at least everything is placed in separate forums instead of a bunch of junk in one place. But it doesn't take one click to go from the front page to Literary Craft Discussion anymore. :(

I better take a look at all the rules all over again. That'll give me something to do... <.<
Post #: 32
5/20/2010 21:04:54   
Jadugarr

@horusmaster9,
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=17637210

Everything seems simple enough.
The biggest goal seems to be easier distribution of criticism for those that desire it.
DF MQ  Post #: 33
5/20/2010 21:10:06   
Postmaster General

Now that the AA and AP groups have been disbanned, will there be any kind of replacement? Some way to signify that we have adequately proven ourselves to be affluent writers?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/20/2010 21:18:19   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

As most people can see, AA and AP are no longer a part of L&L. Those who were AA/AP received a personal PM from me last week announcing this change and those with ENG101 threads received note from me or Cow Face today.

This was done in order to give forum goers more freedom to post here, hopefully encouraging more people to hang out, contribute and build this community up again. It also makes L&L a more friendly place to post and show off creativity.

There are no plans to replace the system. There are rules in each forum, governing posting behaviour. Read them well and commit them to memory.

I do hope that this new adventure in writing, commenting, discussing and community is something you all look forward to. I am excited and cannot wait to see what happens.

As to those ENG101 threads, you will find them in the appropriate Archive subforum soon.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/20/2010 21:23:21   
Postmaster General

For clarification, I noted that 'Other Literary Works' has been removed.

Where, then, should all works which do not fit into Fanfic, Narrative, Poetry, or Collab go?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/20/2010 21:24:26   
horusmaster9

@Jad: Right... but I thought that Euky actually stored them in a visible place. >.>

Looks like a lot of the rule threads share a similar set of rules along with guidelines specific to that forum. <.<
At least we won't have to open a new tab/window for a L&L-wide set of rules along with the forum-specific ones. :D

After lurking around in the new L&L, I think I've gotten used to it already. Certainly well organized, probably much more than the last format. Appreciate the new forum, L&L mods. ;D

@Duncan: Really? Never noticed that... I suppose more things get past my "all-seeing undead eyes" than I thought... ._.
I suppose we'd have the pride of saying that we were approved under the former system. And if we're affluent writers anyway, it probably wouldn't take a group to signify that. Sounds awesome enough... <.<

@Euky: Thanks. I think I've got the new system figured out now, thanks in part to your mention about openness. So... that means anyone can request for help?
Post #: 37
5/20/2010 21:28:10   
Eukara Vox

@Duncan

The subforums are:
AE Fanfiction
Other Creative Prose
Poetry and Lyrics
Collaborations

There is no "Narrative" forum. It's called Other Creative Prose. That is where all written works that isn't AE fanfic, poetry or collab go.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/20/2010 21:31:53   
Postmaster General

Ahh, I see. A quick read can often disorient you, noted.

*Scribbles down illegible notes on an old notepad, filled with similar runic symbols.*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/20/2010 21:34:21   
horusmaster9

Oh no...

It looks like the Book Project rules thread and the Books were blocked to normal users because of the revamp. None of the links on the first post of the Book of War discussion thread worked for me. o.O
Post #: 40
5/20/2010 23:07:41   
Eukara Vox

Alright, all ENG101 threads are put where they belong. Now to fix the Book project stuff.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/20/2010 23:59:34   
Eukara Vox

I think I got it all straight! Book stuff is done!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/21/2010 0:17:11   
alexmacf

Wow, major face-lift.
This looks like it'll be pretty good, Euk. Just give me some time to adjust.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/21/2010 14:55:16   
Timhortanz

>.> I can't post a thread in the works discussion thread. D= Is it supposed to be like that, or..?
-Tim

MQ  Post #: 44
5/21/2010 15:50:08   
horusmaster9

Yay! The link in my siggy still works. ^-^
And the Books table of contents looks a lot better. Awesome. :D
Post #: 45
5/21/2010 16:06:28   
Eukara Vox

Working on it Tim!

Just have to find admin!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
5/21/2010 16:29:08   
Eukara Vox

FIXED!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
5/21/2010 16:37:13   
Timhortanz

Yayy!!! Posted my thingy. :3 I have to say, I am already warming up to the new format. Though I have yet to explore The Workshop... Or try to figure out what it's for. I'll go a' explorin'!
MQ  Post #: 48
5/21/2010 22:43:49   
Reaper Sigma

Hmm, no AA/AP groups anymore? Shame, I liked having the title. And having a huge inbox(which is now gone, and I had to delete about 7 pages of PMs.) Oh well, I suppose it has its upsides.

In my personal opinion, I'm not too fond of the new system. It's too...unorganized. At least, to me. It'll take me a while to adjust, but I will eventually. Now, just have to get my Algebra test done and then I'm busy with writing.
Post #: 49
5/21/2010 23:30:20   
Eukara Vox

That's odd, because I felt this was much easier and more organised. Attention is given to points that were brought to my attention for months by members. And, ALL AA/APs were warned about the inbox situation at least two weeks ago.

This forum is structured... very much like several forums I visited and loved. Time is what everyone needs, as this is a huge change for everyone.

But I believe that with this change, we will be able to build up a community of people who can freely share and be creative. No hurdles, nor hoops- just sharing and enjoying themselves and others.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: A note for what is in store for L&L
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition