Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Meeting of adventurers. Chapter one

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Meeting of adventurers. Chapter one
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/16/2010 13:21:50   
seltin the champ

Just the first chapter of a short story about two of the heroes from other stories i wrote meeting.

Isus Quicknife was at his wits' end. Perhaps it was because he was dead drunk in the Shady Mug, one of the seediest taverns in Narnacdor, where rogues and thieves drank large quantities of ale and wenches danced with scarcely and clothes on. Perhaps it was because that girl stole his money. Or maybe, just maybe, it was because even though he had stolen that relic, as his guildmaster commanded, he had not been paid and left here without any way back home. I hate it when my boss shafts me... maybe I SHOULD quit the guild.

Brontor the northman wandered down the hill to the city of civilzed men. It was suitably large, and had a high wall surrouning it on all sides. His chief had told him to alert them of the Aesin's plight against the Weanir barbarians. Brontor did not belive that any civilized men would care about their tribe, but he obeyed his leader. He came to this place, after weeks of travel.
The gatekeeper, a fat man in some chainmail and with a chipped spear in his hand, interecepted him,"Ho there, savage! You aint entering without payment!" Said the gatekeeper.

"Payment? I fail to understand."

"You gotta give me some coin, if you want to enter Narnacdor. If you dont, well I'll put my spear in your belly."

Before the man could say something else, Brontor had him by the collar. " I have no "Coin" but if you move that spear one inch towards me, your brains will be oozing out of your split gullet."

"All right... all right. You may pass. Be sure to give me some before you leave, though. You could sell that fur cloak and that helm..."
Brontor listened as the man gave him directions to a shop. He went there, and after some arguing with the portly shopkeep, managed to make 10 gold. He then decided to rest a bit and entered a tavern...

Isus's attention was drawn off from the serving girls to the man who entered next. He was a good head and a half taller than him, wearing nothing but a loincloth and some sandals. His hair was black as the night sky, and his thews were mighty. A large broadsword was in a worn leather scabbard. In his hand he held some gold coins.

< Message edited by Cow Face -- 5/20/2010 16:03:33 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Meeting of adventurers. Chapter one
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition