Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MQ's Low Popularity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 17 of 21«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2010 7:42:16   
TostiTostelli

I dont think its menacing. It does take getting used to, but thats normal in any online game.
AQ MQ  Post #: 401
12/28/2010 8:09:50   
Snowfaerie

Well, I play both DF and MQ, and they both have their good sides... but what annoys me most in MQ is the luck rolls everywhere. First you have to go and do a quest. In DF at that point you'd get the quest ending message, maybe some loot, and you would be DONE with it. In MQ, you have to roll, and if you get under the required number (which I usually do) you have to repeat everything. Again and again and again. And when you finally get a good roll - you realize that you've just gained one level up and you still have 24 levels to go, and each roll will be harder than the previous ones. That way fully doing even one quest can mean that you have to fight the actual same battles 100+ times before you get anywhere. Which I find rather boring. I really hope there would be less luck rolls in MQ. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 402
12/28/2010 18:59:37   
DRAGONHUNT

Maybe MQ should put up an Ad on tv. Or maybe change the battle code, from taking turns to all-out fight-to-the-finish fast-paced battles that have PEW PEW PEW! TTTRTRTRTRTR! BOOM! Or hold a special offer for anyone who joins by <insert date here> that gives you a special mech, and to keep the players who play already happy, give them a reward too. And then MQ goes up to 4,000-6,000+ players a day. BRILLIANT!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 403
12/29/2010 13:32:59   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

Each planet has only one city, after all, which is illogical.

Westion says hello. Or, maybe it doesn't considering it got blown up.

Though that does hit something on the head and it winds up needing another DF comparison. MQ doesn't take advantage of the fact that it's an RPG. There seems to be a bit too much of a focus on the equipment and not enough on characters. No pun intended but winds up feeling a bit cold and mechanical. While I'm a bit behind in DF, it's very visible that they've been making the world feel more connected and adding some "pointless" NPCs who bring life to the world.
DF MQ  Post #: 404
12/29/2010 14:10:27   
Mstorm

quote:

adding some "pointless" NPCs who bring life to the world.

Yeah, there's definitely a lack of these in some places in MQ; Zargon maybe most obviously, Lagos to an extent. Yokai, though (having finally finished it now, except for that one quest) I thought was one of the best, maybe the best, world they've done so far. Part of that is that it was designed with a good amount of thought put into what it would be like once it was "finished" (still Lagos' biggest problem), but a big part of that is also that there's a lot of people there, relatively speaking. Even though it seems like a lot of them have their own (small) item shops, it makes the world feel a lot more interactive just to have more than one or two people you can talk to. So I dare to think that MQ is improving in this regard.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 405
12/29/2010 16:34:33   
Hellsoarer

quote:

MQ is the luck rolls everywhere.

Ive only seen ONE luck roll in the ENTIRE GAME
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 406
12/29/2010 17:06:15   
kors

yeah hellsoarer try the yokai, the energy blade training, the police station and westion has a couple i think thats more then one luck role and half dont even have a way to increase your rolls

one reason is the dull repetitiveness of fights get a good mech and a proper strategy and you never have to worry about much ever again.

and ive noticed that most of the game is one big grindfest even with the unlimited x-boost i level up way slower then in AQW level up comparable to my level 101 character in AQ and a lot slower then my DF Character which is bad especially since my aqw character doesnt have an x-boost on him often

another thing is that old mechs like seppy(back when it first came out it could dominate normal mode in a few turns now its brought up to winning a average fight against a newer enemy type like most average mechs) and several others have become virtually obsolete and very weak when fighting newer enemies and using an old mech which ruins all the fun of the game since you have to use the newer mechs to have a decent time in the newer areas, just look at the voltthorn there are mechs at near the same level that have default heads and body wepons which is a lot more then the voltthorn

there is also the whole huge amount of farming/grinding to even get a good mech by the time you actually have enough money to buy the mech you want the next tier of the same mech will be available which forces you to farm more just to get a mech of close level to yours
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 407
12/29/2010 17:20:28   
DRAGONHUNT

Didn't the Mod/AK say that this thread will be locked if you compare MQ to DF.

quote:

Ladies/Gents/Creatures/Robots/Etc,

quote:

So Discuss why MQ is having a Low popularity with the Player Base of the Other AE games. Quoted from the first post.

It hasn't gotten too out of hand, but remember this thread is on WHY MQ ISN'T POPULAR so you really should not be breaking down how MQ and DF or any of the other games are different. They're completely separate games so your discussion should be about what MQ is lacking or what is need of improvement, etc. Not "DF has Dragons and MQ has mecha" or anything like that. We get it, DF is one game and MQ is another. We're not picking apart both and pitting them against eachother.

We are discussing MechQuest.

AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 408
12/29/2010 17:20:54   
Hellsoarer

Clyde said:
quote:

Ladies/Gents/Creatures/Robots/Etc,

quote:

So Discuss why MQ is having a Low popularity with the Player Base of the Other AE games.

Quoted from the first post.

It hasn't gotten too out of hand, but remember this thread is on WHY MQ ISN'T POPULAR so you really should not be breaking down how MQ and DF or any of the other games are different. They're completely separate games so your discussion should be about what MQ is lacking or what is need of improvement, etc. Not "DF has Dragons and MQ has mecha" or anything like that. We get it, DF is one game and MQ is another. We're not picking apart both and pitting them against eachother.

We are discussing MechQuest.

That is all, I hope everyone is having/had a great Holiday.

WHY are you people bringing up other games again
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 409
12/29/2010 17:21:40   
trans205

quote:

Now, I cannot take you seriously.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 410
12/29/2010 17:59:20   
XxArchfiendChaosxX
Banned

it does kinda annoy me how on most release days on mq its either just a quick 2 min quest,or just a couple of weps and mechas and/or both sometimes,what happened to the big wars that had LOADS of items?and the GIGANTIC releases that were very fun?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 411
12/29/2010 20:45:17   
yaminogame96

XxArchfiendChaosxX MQ looses staff members to aqw and the new hm,
for eksample MQ had warlic as main now he is gone to aqw.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 412
12/29/2010 21:18:42   
Raurg

yes as far as I know mechquest is the second game that have less staff members,the first one is Warpforce but that is off topic.But at least the staff that are still in mechquest are great in the releases but a little short,if they have more staff I would like to see what releases they will be creating
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 413
12/30/2010 11:13:01   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

quote:

Didn't the Mod/AK say that this thread will be locked if you compare MQ to DF

Yes and no. It depends on how you're bringing up the other games since some comparison is unavoidable and needed to aid the conversation.

quote:

Hellsoarer...just stop. Please.
DF MQ  Post #: 414
12/30/2010 11:18:27   
stealthwings
Helpful

There are a lot of luck rolls in the other games. They are called drops. Sure, you don't NEED to get the drop to play, but that is pretty much the only way of getting weapons in DF, besides the store weapons, of which there are not very many, which take a lot more farming than in MQ. In order to get a weapon of your level and class, it takes a luck roll, which you will usually fail.
DF MQ  Post #: 415
12/30/2010 12:52:29   
trans205

^But you don't have to pass the "roll" in order to progress through the storyline. It doesn't make you do the quest again and again until you get the equipment you want. Also, I just buy weapons in rare shops. They're just as good.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 416
12/30/2010 13:02:27   
LeoMart

It'd be really cool if planets had cities like Soluna's. I guess that's what the Hometown setting is for right?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 417
12/30/2010 15:01:44   
icemaster 77

Mq should have a map for all the planets so player won't get confuse.
MQ AQW  Post #: 418
1/1/2011 19:27:50   
forumlogin

@ArchfiendChaos
I always find it weird how people think that gigantic wars are fun and then complain when everyone, including themselves, begin to slack off and the war drags on forever. :P
Of course, stealth is an exception, since he's hardcore. Like, hardcore hardcore. XD
But TBH, gigantic wars aren't always a good thing--the AvP war was pulled off nicely, to be fair, but most other actual wars (not mini-wars) that I remember, and even the AvP war, ended up dragging on for a while.

@Zam
Late response, but I don't like putting disclaimers in my posts over and over. XD
So I left out the Westion disclaimer that time.

@Hellsoarer
Geez.
Do you really play this game at all?

@icemaster
Well, we have a new story button.
Not sure how it works out since I already know wherever I need to go and so I never check it. ^_^'
Although maybe there should be an ingame notice to check the Story button after a while?
DF MQ  Post #: 419
1/1/2011 19:45:13   
CleverUserName

This is going to sound random, but I think MQ needs some new sound effects. I mean think about it. MQ has like four sound effects, and they are:
Beep! (Like in the login menu)
Brroooow. (Some lasers, Drakel Shield, Phantom Mech draining sound)
Booommbooomboombooom. (Generic explosion, shows up everywhere)
Kershkerwerr. (A bit rarer, happens with lasers and sometimes flying missiles)

I mean really, it's the little things that define a game. Remember when they added the "Hide pet" function in AQ, and people practically went wild? That's because people enjoy the little things tht slip into the background. I mean, maybe it isn't the gameplay that's too repetitive, maybe it's everything else.

< Message edited by CleverUserName -- 1/1/2011 19:46:09 >
DF MQ  Post #: 420
1/1/2011 19:50:26   
Hellsoarer

@trans205 Why
@ZamuelNow Stop what
@forumlogin Yes
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 421
1/1/2011 20:29:53   
forumlogin

@Clever
Oh yesh. I've wanted more sounds for a long time. :D
I've been playing with volume off for a long, long time.

@Hellsoarer
Just so you know, there are luck rolls in 6 planets out of 9.
Soluna has job and Energy Blade class rolls, Westion has Rep rolls (invisible rolls) and some other job rolls (Bomb Squad), Zargon has loot rolls, Yokai has training rolls, the Moon has Power Cell rolls and Rep rolls, and Planet 51 is based on rolls.
Try actually looking around before making statements like that.
I can assure you there are far more than 1 luck roll in the game.
DF MQ  Post #: 422
1/1/2011 20:32:51   
CleverUserName

Awesome to see someone agrees with me. :D

And technically, due to the RNG, every roll is based on luck.
DF MQ  Post #: 423
1/1/2011 20:33:59   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Forumlogin
Zargon loot rolls do not matter, nothing to do with the storyline. However, it does have the rolls to rescue the superheroes.
DF MQ  Post #: 424
1/1/2011 20:42:57   
forumlogin

@stealth
I knew I was forgetting a Zargon roll. :P

@Clever
But then we get into a whole argument about how damage rolls technically make all the games (and pretty much every game in existence) based on luck rolls. XD

Also, most rolls have little to nothing to do with the storyline--however, there are several that you need to complete to advance. :O
Bomb Squad, Power Cells, curing Sys-Zero, Planet 51 in general, etc.
DF MQ  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MQ's Low Popularity
Page 17 of 21«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition