The Work Table - Official Rules
In order to keep The Work Table in good order, there are important rules to follow. Below are these rules. Failure to follow them can result in forms of punishment starting with a warning, thread deletion and locking, or leading to a permanent ban from the forums.
The Work Table, part of "The Workshop" board, is intended to be used to better one's writing skills. The Critiquer's Corner is here for in-depth critique requests to be submitted. Collaboration teams will also have the ability to keep their work-threads in this section, in order to communicate/plan without commentary interruption by readers.
The "Legends and Lore" Boards are a part of the Artix Entertainment Forums. You must follow the Universal Rules.
The Universal Rules are exactly that: Universal. They apply everywhere at all times, so even L&L participants are expected to know them and follow them. Note that claiming ignorance to the rules is not a defense for breaking them—all forum members are expected to read the rules before posting anywhere.
If you have any questions about the Universal Rules in general or how they relate to the forum-specific rules of Legends and Lore, please do not hesitate to contact either PyroPuppy, the Head Moderator for the Legends and Lore boards, or any of the forum administration staff via a forum PM.
While in Legends and Lore, write properly.
Grammar exist to let what you are saying be understood. Ignore grammar, and no one will be able to follow your writing without working really, really, really hard at it, and that tends to drive people away. Therefore, in order to make your posts easier and more enjoyable to read, be sure to use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Make sure to include paragraph breaks so your post does not consist of single, intimidating wall of text. A wall of text is a pain to read through, in some cases literally, and will make it harder for people to understand you.
Remember, your comments and content are important to the writer and to others reading a story. If people continue to misunderstand or misinterpret what you put forth, you cannot truly be a help or an encourager to them.
Critiquing, commentary and collaborations are privileges.
1. This "The Work Table" forum section is for two things:
1) Requesting an in-depth writing critique. Anything else should be posted in the correct forum within Legends and Lore.
2) Housing work-threads for collaborators.
2. Critiquer's Corner is the only way you can get an in-depth critique. Critiquers in this system must apply and be accepted by L&L staff in order to be able to claim submission requests in Critiquer's Corner.
3. Commentary/Criticism does not include a rating/ranking system. Please do not ask people to rank, rate or otherwise indicate that their text meets "x" qualifications. This include grades (A, B, C+ or numerical) and things like "On a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being best, I give it a 2 because it is interesting, but there are minor issues that need to be dealt with." This is not very constructive and should instead be adjusted to encourage ever-learning improvement.
4. Those asking for such in-depth critiques:
Realize that the people who offer such help are taking a huge amount of time and effort to do as you request. Please respond to their comments positively, even if you don't use them.
Once you are satisfied, send a PM to the L&L Staff to delete your critique request.
6. Collaboration work-threads are usable only to those in that collaboration team. Anyone posting in these threads and have not made they are a member of a collaboration team will have their posts deleted automatically.
7. The first post of a collaboration thread must include these things:
1) The title of the collaboration, and if it is a fanfiction piece or otherwise. 8. Once a collaborative work thread is not needed anymore, please PM an L&L AK or Mod to have it deleted.
2) The names of those on the collaborative team.
Maintain the family-friendly atmosphere of Artix Entertainment. Keep all content PG-rated.
Although a slight allowance of above-PG is allowed in Legends and Lore, it is not by much. Please keep the following in mind:
If a violation of the above rules is found, do not point it out in a comment thread. Inform the L&L staff immediately via PM.
- Excessive profanity, drugs promotion, overly detailed violence, and explicit scenes are not allowed.
- Alcohol and tobacco are tolerated, but please be sensitive and do not promote their use. The use of other real-world drugs in your writing will be scrutinized heavily. When in doubt, imply; do not specify.
- In regards to violence, crimes, and such subject matters, the writer MUST remember that specific detail, overly grotesque or gory material, or action descriptions going beyond insinuation/inference can get you in trouble. Keep details to a level where the reader relies more on their imagination than your words.
- In regards to sex, it is not forbidden outright, but again it is a subject best left to inference. When in doubt, imply; do not specify.
In addition, we now have our own IRC channels!
To talk about your works posted in the forums, join writing improvement sessions, request feedback, or talk about ideas for the Legends and Lore collaboration projects, join #L&L-AE on Caelestia.net.
For general discussion of literature and writing or to socialize with fellow writers, old and new, join #LegendsAndLore on Caelestia.net.
Or, use the webchat located here. When you're connected, type /join #L&L-AE or /join #LegendsAndLore to get in.
If an issue arises within L&L (be it clarification of the rules, an issue with a specific user, or reporting rule violations), the following is a list of individuals to contact. If you wish to report threads in violation of the rules, you may contact any L&L ArchKnight. If you have an issue with an ArchKnight, please contact the head moderator of this forum. If your issue is with the moderating staff, please contact Zyrain.
< Message edited by Master Samak -- 8/20/2018 17:26:02 >