Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= SC Monthly Rare Mecha Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= SC Monthly Rare Mecha Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/24/2010 2:00:58   
Kangi

Icemaster, that has been done already with the Aegis. It would be nice to see a truely balanced SCMM. One that has the Power capacity of the Warbear, and the Defenses of the Aegis.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
5/24/2010 12:23:34   
Glais

That's contradictory, with those I could slam straight through a Vladic Knight, with the Mohawk alone I can get him to half health in one shot and it only rarely outdamages the
WarBear. Something with both of those would pretty much be the ultimate mech.
DF MQ  Post #: 27
5/24/2010 14:14:45   
Venus Djinn

I'm not convinced that would be balanced. Balanced would be equal defense and offense, not a mixture of the two most powerful mecha for each of those categories.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
5/24/2010 14:49:59   
icemaster 77

Kangi@ The only ep dot on the Aegis is the body attack,everything else doesn't have a ep dot.I'm talking about a fully complete ep dot mech,not a hp dot mech!

Go to this link if you want to hear Irish music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewyTGQR9Pw
MQ AQW  Post #: 29
5/24/2010 14:54:00   
Vampire Fexy

@icemaster 77 : Have you even used Aegis ? it can lower the enemy EP to negative 500, i dont see how thats not a fully complete EP drainer mecha.

And a stunning mecha would be OP, the enemy would be stunned so much so it would be almost 100% chance to defeat any enemy even these very hard enemies, and if it was customized with some other stunning equipment it would be the unstoppable mecha... i guess a healing mecha would be the best right now.

< Message edited by Vampire Fexy -- 5/25/2010 6:11:25 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
5/24/2010 15:56:02   
cowboy01

I've been trying to create a mecha out of K'Nex pieces for eight months now, and i finally have it done. will post the picture as soon as i can!

Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. for I... am... PAIN!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
5/24/2010 16:01:05   
stealthwings
Helpful

@kangi
OP+OP≠Balanced

and I would like to see another EP drain mecha, we have had 2 dot/laceration mecha (BC, Reaper), 5 power mecha (Automorph, Morehawk, mohawk, warbear, and bladestorm), 2 nonspecialized mecha, (strider, psychic wing), and 2 increasing damage+some defense mecha (viking, falcon)
But only 1 EP drain.
DF MQ  Post #: 32
5/24/2010 20:26:20   
Fralo Rinew

Well guys, I think that after reading the design notes, the new MM is going to be a heavy hitter. The AC-490 sounds like a military codename thing to me, for a tank or something. Perhaps it will be tank-like in honor of memorial day. It still sounds cool to me, (Cooler than the Morehawk at least)
Post #: 33
5/24/2010 22:42:06   
Links

Oh god. Another year of SC's.....my hangar might not be able to make it this year.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
5/25/2010 11:20:17   
cowboy01

my idea is going to be intense. you can choose the default back arm attack between laser, energy-sapping darts, 5-hit machine-gun, or flame thrower. the Front arm has an explosive, armor-piercing rifle with a giant bayonet, guaranteed critical hit with laser bayonet. the front shoulder will have a 16 round missile launcher that locks on before firing, guaranteeing at least one critical hit out of fourshots per turn. the Back Shoulder will have an auto-laser turret with a long-range artillery turret for laser burns and stun from blast shell! the head will have a mini-gun and a twin machine gun blazing for five hits and possible destruction of a weapon on enemy mech. plus, the body weapon launches all weapons on the mecha at the same time for ten hits of total Obliteration!!! Valoth may be in trouble now !!! I'm thinking of calling it the "Nightmare Mk. 1." the description should be, "The Shadowscythe tremble in pure terror at the very mention of this SDF Top Secret weapon!!!! " What do you guys think? Should this go through to Artix?

Please use ya sig only once per page.
Tero

< Message edited by Terosin -- 5/26/2010 15:21:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
5/25/2010 15:20:09   
stealthwings
Helpful

@cowboy

The animation for that is going to take a looooong time.

lots of hits=lots of time.
DF MQ  Post #: 36
5/26/2010 4:25:26   
SoulWing

@Vampire Fexy: I got the enemy down to -1400 EP with the head :P Pretty powerful stuff

Anyway, has the picture of the AC mech been shown yet?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/26/2010 5:24:48   
Trapper King

@Soulwing: I do not think we have any picture of it yet. Cannot wait for it. It sounds awesome
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
5/26/2010 5:50:32   
crooks_rulez

@stealthwing

i think you didnt know that
psychic wing is a defensive mecha ermmmmmm non specialize
i think its one of the best mecha i ever used its one of the unhitable mecha
MQ  Post #: 39
5/26/2010 13:39:49   
cowboy01

it worked for AQ, so it should work here too! what do you guys think?

Please use ya sig only once per page.
Tero

< Message edited by Terosin -- 5/26/2010 15:21:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
5/26/2010 15:14:41   
UltimaKomoto

cowboy: Rule #1 for Suggestion Writing: Keep it simple, concise, and readable. In other words, too complicated to happen. Also, this is a different engine from AQ

crooks: It's more of a buff/nerfer, the Psychic Wing. It also is the second (I think) mecha to provide permenant nerfs (the first being Advanced Wolfblade). It's slightly less specialized than other SCMMs however, I think.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
5/26/2010 16:50:29   
jonny bravo

Jonny want a defense mech.Jonny missed aegis.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
5/26/2010 18:26:30   
stealthwings
Helpful

@crooks

Not really that specialized, I agree with ultimakomoto.
DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/26/2010 18:51:52   
Glais

quote:

mecha to provide permenant nerfs

LIES! Vampires cancel it out >.>
I hate that...
Or well, in PVP the enemy cannot gain any Bonus with this, vampires still can...
DF MQ  Post #: 44
5/26/2010 18:56:03   
UltimaKomoto

glaisaurus: By "permenant" I mean the effect basically lasts the entire battle. Obviously, it can be nullified by buffs, but I haven't seen a buff yet that lasts 99 turns...I think.

Spelling Fail

Below: Well, most Normal fights don't last 99 turns...
Fine, it's a Near-permenant effect then...

< Message edited by UltimaKomoto -- 5/26/2010 19:11:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 45
5/26/2010 18:59:39   
stealthwings
Helpful

@ultimakomoto

Techinically, it isn't permanent. It is only 99 turns. If you skipped 99 turns, it would run out.

(I have done that, though not with the psychic wing, once I tried to kill piotr armed with a RH cloverblade, we both discovered that neither of our effects were permanent, after he had so much regen I couldn't touch him, but he had his ep being drained every turn, I skipped the 99 turns, ... Twice. I won in the end though)

DF MQ  Post #: 46
5/27/2010 3:22:46   
crooks_rulez

people thinking specialize is overpowered mecha again
MQ  Post #: 47
5/27/2010 3:52:53   
Kuld

Here's a screenshot of the AC-490.

Seriously though, I think it's more likely that this mech will be Armoured Core inspired than an AC-adapter, even if the latter option would be more punny.
MQ  Post #: 48
5/27/2010 3:57:43   
krataa Overlord

...Why did I even bother thinking for even one second that that link from a non-staff poster would show me the real thing? *facepalm*
AQ MQ  Post #: 49
5/27/2010 5:57:53   
SoulWing

@krataa Overlord: The feeling's mutual. -.-
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= SC Monthly Rare Mecha Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition