Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of ...... for July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of ...... for July
Page 2 of 4<1234>

Book of ...... for July

Book of the Tides (Stories of the sea)
  13% (34)
Book of Friendship (The trials and rewards of friendship)
  7% (19)
Book of Research (Non-Fiction Research - ie Teach us something!)
  6% (15)
Book of Fur (Stories from an animal's point of view)
  12% (31)
Book of Childhood (stories centered around children and their antics)
  6% (17)
Book of Mystery (mysteries)
  25% (63)
Book of Poetry
  5% (14)
Book of Sci-Fi
  20% (50)

Total Votes : 243

(last vote on : 6/20/2010 16:30:21)
(Poll ended: 6/20/2010 21:00:00)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/3/2010 6:38:40   
Reaper Sigma

No Book of Freedom? T_T

Don't know what to pick. I'll decide later.
Post #: 26
6/3/2010 10:22:07   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

I voted for the books of childhood and mystery. They sounded right.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/3/2010 14:40:48   
horusmaster9

Looks like I'd better whip up a mystery. I have never before ventured into such strange territory, but I will try my best. <.<

But hey, even if mystery doesn't win this time, it'll be good practice anyway. xP
Post #: 28
6/3/2010 20:35:09   
Nightly

Can we has book for Nightly's birthday? ;P
Post #: 29
6/3/2010 22:33:08   
alexmacf

^ But we're not making a special Book of Alex in August, either, so don't worry. XD ;)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
6/4/2010 10:46:37   
Goldstein

Well, we should have a Book of Goldstein in June, to celebrate his glorious generosity and benevolence to all living things. =P
Post #: 31
6/4/2010 10:55:38   
superjars

Yay, my two choices are leading in the polls! This will be another interesting book, I'm sure. And hopefully, with it being written during July, even more people will have time to write submissions and get them in. Is this book also going to be expanded to 7 pages? Or is it reverting back to 5?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/4/2010 12:59:24   
  Zyrain
The Arcane

July = Holidays = Beach = Sea = Book of Tides. :D

~Zyrain
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/4/2010 19:54:26   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Book of Poetry!? Isn't that an oxymoron? Here's my two pick; Book of Friendship and Book of Childhood.

< Message edited by Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI -- 6/4/2010 19:57:30 >
Post #: 34
6/4/2010 20:26:52   
Reaper Sigma

Book of Poetry? That actually sounds interesting. But I voted already. Go Friendship!
Post #: 35
6/4/2010 21:51:30   
Firefly
Lore-ian

Ack, looks like I'm cheering for the underdogs here. I voted for the Book of Friendship and the Book of Research. Why? Because, well, the former will present a really nice challenge to create a powerful, platonic relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against romance, but the importance of friendship seems to be overlooked in fiction. Plus, friendship between my characters tends to end up a lot... less messy... than romance does. Usually because friendship is more of the care and less of the losing your mind, but now that's getting into philosophy.

As for the Book of Research, I thought it might stimulate me to finish one of my writing essays or whatnot. Or complete an analysis for fun or something. Gosh knows I need to get my act together in that regard. =P But I can see why that might not be the most popular here, and I actually surprised myself by voting for it.

Y'know, I think the Book of Poetry might be more... challenging? stimulating? if it were a bit more specific. Like... Book of Traditional Verse (to cover traditional structures like the sonnet, ode, villanelle, ect.) or Book of Freeverse or something...

@Reaper0001
A Book of Freedom actually does sound very interesting, and I can see a lot of diversity in how it can be portrayed. Everything from trying to escape the control of parents to exploring various governing structures...
AQ  Post #: 36
6/7/2010 10:04:10   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

Imperial: Actually many collections of poetry have been published in book format. Just because it doesn't follow the narrative format doesn't mean it isn't a book. ^_^ (...and if it does, then I have no idea what to call the collection of my writings which I'm compiling.)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 37
6/9/2010 0:20:55   
Feoras ToxArch

Hmmm... the Book of Fur sounds interesting enough. It has my vote. ^^

< Message edited by Feoras ToxArch -- 6/9/2010 0:21:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
6/10/2010 15:54:38   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Cow Face: :)

Oh noez! It looks like the Book of Mystery is the book for July!
Post #: 39
6/10/2010 16:01:21   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

@^ IIRC the staff will decide on the next book project from the top 3 most voted books in the poll, so we don`t have a certainty.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/10/2010 16:07:24   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

Really? That's good to hear. ^^
Post #: 41
6/10/2010 23:56:00   
horusmaster9

I guess I'll get started on a sci-fi mystery story that involves the sea just so I won't have to worry about getting my submission in late. Oh dear Lord, grant me the strength to venture into the dark arts of cross-genre. o.O

Or maybe I'll just prepare three separate pieces... <.<
Post #: 42
6/11/2010 9:46:54   
Cow Face
One Heck of a Guy

If you work on three separate ones, then you can always submit the others at a later date. Assuming you've the time and desire to do so, this might be the best option- have all your bases covered, and have more stories ready for later books!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
6/11/2010 11:41:29   
BadHulk

Wow. We're releasing books really quickly >.< I hope Mystery is coming up(Or even Poetry for that matter.)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
6/11/2010 11:53:49   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Nah, every other month isn't that quick. Now, if I demanded that you all bow down and forget everything but writing and submit every month (at least) to satisfy my evil whim, that would be considered quickly. Muahahahaha

*ahem*

The every other month pace was agreed upon. One month of writing, one month to relax, enjoy and maybe toy with ideas for the next month seemed a great rhythm for most writers. It just enough push to get your writing consistently but not overwhelming you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/11/2010 11:55:25   
BadHulk

Explains more. But, does everything that comes into the Book of *Insert here something* to be a story or can it even be poems.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
6/11/2010 11:59:47   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Book Project Guidelines and Rules

The complete guidelines and rules are in this first post. It is important to read. All books accept prose and poetry, but only under the guidelines put forth in the above link and any special rules given for a special book. Like Book of War had a couple of rules regarding content.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 6/11/2010 12:00:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/11/2010 12:44:21   
BadHulk

I knew that the Book of War had those rules. But thanks for the link, I'll look into it.

Mmm... Okay. Sounds promising. If Mystery(Or anything else I can interest myself in >.> Got difficult times atm T-T) comes up, I'll certainly try to cook something up ;D.

But, may an AK proof read the story?(Like I'd would ask CF to proof read it so he can get grammar errors out of it as it's not my best point >.>)

< Message edited by BadHulk -- 6/11/2010 12:47:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
6/11/2010 13:19:31   
Postmaster General

By posting your story up in the L&L, you open it up to criticism from all users. You can then request an AK like Cow Face to edit it, though there are many other forum users who are not ArchKnights that can still rally your grammatical errors for you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/11/2010 13:24:49   
alexmacf

Bad: Also, when you submit it, it goes through several AKs and mods, who proofread and edit before posting.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of ...... for July
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition