Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of Tides discussion thread.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of Tides discussion thread.
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/17/2010 20:43:29   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Great stuff so far, congrats to the authors! I surely enjoyed reading your works.

Well, now I`m 2 times happy `cause I managed to finish my story just a few minutes ago, and just now I saw that my little poem has been put into the book.
Had a little problem with the story: started it, then started playing a pc game like a mad man, thought I would never finish it. But it's done and PMed it to Eukara.
Can`t wait to read moar from other people!

< Message edited by balubamboto -- 7/17/2010 20:45:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
7/18/2010 19:05:27   
Angel of Grief

My story was too short, and I can't be bothered to make it any longer.
Great.

Oh well, grats to the other people who submitted stuff. ^^;
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
7/19/2010 6:26:08   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

I have the opposite problem. I struggled to make my story no more than seven pages. It's still insanely long T_T
DF  Post #: 53
7/19/2010 16:04:08   
Reaper Sigma

I may opt out of this book. I don't really like the topic, due to the fact that it isn't one I have ever written about.
Post #: 54
7/19/2010 16:19:14   
Jadugarr

It's not really a "topic" as much as it just an element in your story—and how heavy that element is going to weigh is entirely up to you.
I could have easily written out the ocean setting of my story, and I would only have had to change a few minor details.
DF MQ  Post #: 55
7/19/2010 17:33:52   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Part of the point to these Books is to get you to work outside your comfort zone.

When we have to write mysteries, I am not going to be excited so to speak, as I do not write them and do not generally read them. But I will do it anyway.

I encourage everyone to try. It's what this is for, outside of getting activity and joy out of writing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
7/19/2010 17:58:53   
Reaper Sigma

Still, the sea is linked with another story I'm writing. As such, it has a deeper meaning than most people see, and I can't fit that on seven pages.
Post #: 57
7/19/2010 19:15:30   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I am posting yet anothe Bonus story off of the Reaper's records. It will appear tomorrow! :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/19/2010 21:24:02   
Angel of Grief

quote:

I have the opposite problem. I struggled to make my story no more than seven pages. It's still insanely long T_T

We should trade stories then. I can get yours down to probably 5, and you could get mine to like...2. :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
7/20/2010 20:48:18   
Eukara Vox

Water Dancer by Red Blizzard

Very well done!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/21/2010 8:59:18   
Torn

Great stories so far.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
7/21/2010 10:01:39   
superjars

@Reaper, the most important thing about these books from what I've been able to see is that they are an opportunity to stretch your writing muscles and attempt something you've never tried before. It is meant to challenge and push you to work beyond what is normal for you. That's how you grow as a writer.

Also, as Jad said, it's more of a theme linked to your piece than an actual topic. The "Tides" can become a metaphor for the change in a person's life or it could be a plot point in your story. In my own poem, the Moon and Ocean are personified as feuding sisters and the rising and lowering tide are colored as the punishment the ocean gets for its constant warring against the moon. The poem could just have easily been used last time for the Book of War as it currently is written.

I do hope you find some source of watery inspiration and put together a work for this book. All submissions are greatly appreciated!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
7/21/2010 17:51:11   
Eukara Vox

Weeping of the Sea by Tajna Vox
My sister, ladies and gentlemen

Nopris Isle by Torn

Corrected the link to Tajna's story

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 7/22/2010 12:50:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/21/2010 18:14:24   
Postmaster General

Whelp, my entry is in! Not my original idea, but I couldn't progress the story fast enough so I had to change it up. Let's see if you can guess what the poem's about! Though I suppose it isn't too terribly difficult, dreadfully obvious if my descriptions catch you just right.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
7/22/2010 7:52:24   
Ilø¤IMPERIAL¤ølI

The entries so far are looking good. I hope there's more to come.
Post #: 65
7/22/2010 13:45:22   
Reaper Sigma

Hmm, I do have another idea for the Book. Two, actually. One I could probably finish before the month's out. The other, perhaps not.

In any case, I'll see if I'll submit a story for the book.
Post #: 66
7/23/2010 13:26:12   
BadHulk

Can't wait to see Pie's entry ;D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
7/24/2010 17:54:39   
Eukara Vox

The 31st is approaching fast.

I hope that there are more entries coming. We still have some to post, but it is looking a bit sparse.

Hopefully, there are people working on one or two submissions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
7/24/2010 19:41:20   
alexmacf

I am working on mine, I promise. I'm just a bit late because of my computer being crazy lately. ^_^;;
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
7/25/2010 12:00:13   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Ack! I'm gonna run out of time. Darn two weeks worth of vaccation in which I had no time to write! Well, I finally got an idea for what I'm going to write. Expect something completely different.
AQ AQW  Post #: 70
7/28/2010 15:05:07   
Ilø¤IMPERIAL¤ølI

Already the 28th of July, time flies. C'mon guys, we need more entries for the BoT!
Post #: 71
7/28/2010 16:08:00   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I will post soon, promise!!! >.>
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
7/28/2010 16:20:59   
Reaper Sigma

Likely to opt out of this. If I do submit a story, then it will be very short.
Post #: 73
7/28/2010 16:26:19   
Eukara Vox

We do have some stories on hold. I am collaborating with Hallie Slidepath on the intermission and we both were on vacation at odd times and couldn't work on it together until recently.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
7/28/2010 17:45:37   
alexmacf

Mine will be last-minute (as usual ^^;;), but it's coming, I promise!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of Tides discussion thread.
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition