Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Everyday Adventures of a Ghost

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The Everyday Adventures of a Ghost
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/27/2010 2:12:54   
tflo
A True Hunter

Day 1

It was dark. Very dark. "Am I alive," Lemmy frantically asked himself with instant curiosity. Everything around him was dark. It appeared as though he was trapped in a box of darkness. He could hear people talking outside of the box he was in. Wondering where he was, he moved his hands to feel the box. Lemmy felt a tingle run through his spine when his fingers simply passed through the box. Then, he realized he wasn't even laying down. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't feel a thing! At the point of insanity, Lemmy shook his way through the box. Then suddenly, an all knowing realization came over him. He knew where he was. he was at his funeral!

Listening to the people mourn around him made him feel sad. "Can they see me," Lemmy asked himself. "I'm not dead," he shouted. Nobody at the funeral moved. Coming to the sudden realization of what had happened, Lemmy panicked. "I've gotta get outta here," Lemmy thought to himself. On he went, floating into the distance, with no destination. Thinking of places he could go he couldn't think of any. Eventually, one came to him. He knew where to go. Floating away frantically, he went to the one place that made him happy and calm his nerves. The River.

The sound of running water calmed Lemmy. Floating in the air, trying to relax he began to ponder his current situation. "Why did this happen to me," Lemmy thought to himself. Come to think of it, he couldn't even remember how he died. He racked his brain to think of what had happened. He remembered venturing in the forest, late at night. Later than usual. He came to a dark cave. What happened in the cave? He couldn't remember. "Well, on to a more important problem. WHY am I a ghost!?" he thought. People turn in to ghosts when they have something left unfulfilled in their past life that needed corrected. What had he not done? What did he have to fulfill. He was only in high school after all. A young, reckless teenager still living life. He hadn't even begun to explore the possibilities of the real world! Lemmy realized that if he was to fulfill and correct what had happened in his life, he would have to uncover the secret to how he had died. "Hey, no pressure right, I only have until all eternity to figure this out right," Lemmy snickered.

Lemmy soon learned that being a ghost wasn't so bad. He picked it up quite easily. Best of all, he didn't have to worry about running in to things since he floated right through them. Floating over the river, he could see the moonlight glisten off of the water. Then, he became depressed. He would never feel "wet" again. He went under the water, but it was too dark to see anything. He wondered if the fish could see him. He doubted it. Coming back to the top of the surface, he drifted back to the shoreline. He realized how late it was getting. He was getting tired. "I didn't know ghosts could get tired," Lemmy chuckled. No more warm cozy bed. He saw a herd of deer roaming through the forest. Crickets were chirping and life was going on. "Well, looks like it's just you and me tonight guys.

Lemmy leaned back, relaxed, and soon found himself asleep, wondering what tomorrow would have in store for him.

< Message edited by Apparition -- 7/28/2010 0:26:27 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> The Everyday Adventures of a Ghost
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition