Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Realm of shadow

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Realm of shadow
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2010 17:17:47   
super dude

OOC

Chapter one: The Shadow Lord.

A mountain as high as the sky, with a terrible mist surrounding it had but a single thing on it... A large castle, the largest thing in this realm and inside held the lord of the realm. The Shadow Lord, some called him, he called himself something different, but it made little sense to refer to himself as such, after all, he truly was the Shadow Lord why hide it? His power was too great to hide after all, hence why he lives so out in the open. Of course, it was nigh on impossible to enter the castle... Or so he thought.

He wasn't alone in his castle, after all, how can one truly be alone? He was surrounding by beings calling themselves Draconian Knights Or DracoKnights for short, Half dragon, half human beings who could shift between a dragon and human knight, of course, though knight was the wrong way of describing them. These knights were of the evil kind, serving the Shadow Lord, enchanted by magic to serve his every command. They were made into slaves, guarding the castle from anyone foolhardy enough to wander there. Of course, only a dragon could make it up to the castle, no-one could climb the mountain. That was impossible...

The dragons, while in knight form, had armour as black as the night sky, with scales on their arms and legs. Their helmets had a horn on its head, shaped like a crescent moon, their eyes were as black as their armour, and completely void of emotion...In dragon form they were also as black as the night sky, with teeth as sharp as razors, their backs and tails spiked..

But that's enough of that, after all, why should we dwell on things that are of no importance? No, the real action comes with a young knight, a boy of 17, who has only now finished his training to become a knight, but what he found when he became a knight, was that it was not all fame and glory, no.. He had to earn this, however this knight, would gain more then fame and glory, he would become.. A hero.

Our story starts a few years previous in the year 1405. Aragorth, arch-mage of the temple of Mages was asleep one night, where he awoke to a terrible nightmare, however this was no ordinary nightmare, and he knew it, this nightmare was in fact a prophecy.

The arch-mages, situated in a remote location in England where this story starts, are blessed... and cursed with visions of the past and future. Blessed in the knowledge of the past, but cursed with the future they see only what the gods will them too. Because of this they are blessed with extraordinary magical abilities, the likes of which no other could posses. Unfortunately, they are forbidden by the gods to use this power for themselves, and must only use it in times of emergency. For if they used it for greed or evil, then the whole world would be cast into hell.

Aragorth knew at once what he must do. He did not understand what the prophecy meant, and had to find out, and so he set off for the temple of the Gods. Otherwise known as Stonehenge, that was the true temple of the Gods. Men had forever tried to replicate this by building sanctuaries and temples, but only Stonehenge held the power of the gods.

After a long journey, Aragorth finally arrived at Stonehenge. There would be no point in describing his journey, it was.. Uneventful to say the least. If you truly want to know, then.. Well, tough.

He cried out to the gods
“Please, tell me what this prophecy you have sent me means!” but all the gods did was replay the prophecy, this time telling him directly.
“A knight of valour and glory. Young at heart and body, shall vanquish an evil of uncomprehending strength. A blade of shadow shall be his guide, but his curse too shall it hence be known. His enemy dark in the sky, a dragon he must ride to find his foe. Tough be his journey, but his prize be glory. So let it henceforth be known, thou who shall die for the light to vanquish dark”
In his dream the prophecy was unclear, but when told to him directly it was as clear as day, A young knight will sacrifice himself to save the world from darkness, "but who would this knight be?" He wondered. He looked up at the sky, and asked the Gods to tell him who, but he received no reply.
“Then, I shall have to find out myself.” and so, he began his journey to find the knight that this prophecy told him of, so that he may aid him in his quest for glory.

< Message edited by super dude -- 8/3/2010 6:31:09 >
Post #: 1
8/8/2010 20:07:54   
super dude

Chapter two: Training Grounds.

Present Day - 1410

“A knight must be vigilant, strong willed, and above all brave” These words were swimming around the head of a knight, they were drummed into them at an early age. Knights are picked first hand from when they were just kids and are trained to become strong. They grow up in tough conditions, being pitted against each other In an attempt to pick out the strongest of them. Some call it cruelty, others call it fair, myself... I call it protection, protection from the outside world. These kids grow up to be strong fighters, able to fend off all life throws at them, true they are brought up cruelly without parents, but they fight to protect England and indeed, the world.

All knights in training are taught equally in the ways of the knight, each trained to be as strong as each other. However the odd few knights learn faster then the rest, and grow to be stronger. However, one knight stood enough the rest. He was just a young boy when they found him, no older then 10 years old. He was taught like all the rest, in the same way, but this boy learnt fast. His strength increased rapidly, his skills in knighthood were outstanding, but above all, he was courageous. Despite a tough upbringing, without parents and a home, he was surprisingly courageous. He was able to defeat everyone pitted against him, and in the 7 years he was training for he became a force to be reckoned with. Everyone agreed he was the best knight in the training grounds, that was undeniable. This boys name, was Hector.

“Hector! Get out that pit now, you have training to do!” Barked the knight trainer. Hector yawned
“Oh, Do I have too, I was having such a nice dream.. I was like the strongest knight and stuff.” sighed Hector.
“Strongest knight? Ha! That's a laugh if ever I heard one.” The trainer burst out in laughter. “Now... Get up! Cant be the strongest if you sleep!” The trainer kicked Hector, which caused him to fall to the floor, and then left the room laughing.
“All right... I'm up.” Hector yawned again, he lazily crept to his armour and slowly started to put it on. “I don't even get fed in the mornings, I'm starving.” and right on cue his stomach rumbled like an earthquake. Hector sighed “Ah well, I’ll have to live with the hunger, I have training to do.”

Hector left his room straight into the training grounds, he saw hundreds of knights training with each other. They were using practice wooden swords. Hector picked up his practice sword and slowly started walking towards the trainer.
“What shall I be training today?” he asked.
“Today you shall be training combat skills, or what little you have.. Your training partner will be.. What the?!” A large explosion was heard near the base and soon after that the whole training grounds was swarming with large demonic beasts like bees to honey. They were completely black with cold dark eyes. Their teeth as sharp as razors, able to cut anything to shreds. Their claws ripped through the knights armour with little effort.
Most of the knights fought bravely against the beasts, however their were too many. The beasts decimated most of the knights, leaving their bodies in a mangled mess on the floor. After the beasts had killed them, they ate their flesh like it was pastry and bits of flesh hung from their mouths like lions at a feasting ground.

In the ensuing chaos, only a few managed to escape.

< Message edited by super dude -- 8/9/2010 10:22:38 >
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Realm of shadow
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition