Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Commets and criticism: The Journeyman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Commets and criticism: The Journeyman
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/7/2010 18:52:04   
DA Holder67

Thread
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
9/7/2010 20:23:17   
Goldstein

Not bad, interesting.
quote:

After studying himself, he picked out his clothes for the day: a navy colored polo shirt, dark blue straight-fit jeans, a black leather jacket, and a khaki fedora, which he wore every day.

This seems kind of like an info-dump. Most authors advise against describing your character too much, especially when it comes to their clothing. Unless his clothing will play some role in the upcoming plot, or he won't change them for the duration of the story (I'm looking at you, Dan Brown), cut this out.

VocRoc seems a little cliche, I try to avoid v's in my names, and VocRoc sounds far too much like "Raz'zoc" (is that right?). Maybe try to change it around a bit.

Otherwise, superb, I look forward to reading more of it!
Post #: 2
9/9/2010 22:28:01   
DA Holder67

VocRoc is pronounced "VossRose". I'll probably change the cs to Ss. The character won't be mentioned much, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

I'll take out the passage, too. I kind of wanted it to be the basis of what he'll look like for the duration of the book, but I guess I can put it in the next chapter.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Commets and criticism: The Journeyman
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition