Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(aqw) the legend of the Crimson Shadow

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> (aqw) the legend of the Crimson Shadow
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/11/2010 20:56:03   
Taranus

Prologue
There are many tales of the Crimson Shadow; this one however, is true. He slipped into our world as quietly as though he had always been. The truth is, he spent much time this world in a different form, a human. His name was Ronan. He died at the age of 19 and came back exactly a year after his death. Of course, no one knows that it is him, because everyone is so afraid of what he became. You see, after he died, Death would not allow him to enter eternity. He turned him away, for what reason, no one knows. We do know however, that he was banished to humanity in the form of a shadow of what his soul once was. Many say that he can’t die, but that is only because he is not alive, yet he is not dead either. What he is, some call, a Wraith, a reflection of what he once was. Though most wraiths are mindless slaves of death, Ronan was for some reason allowed to keep his old soul. Along with his new form came many unnatural powers as well. He no longer needs to eat, however he eternally longs for food. He is invulnerable, but only because his body is neither physical now spiritual, it simply, is. He goes about in blood red garb. A red tunic, and trousers, scarlet gloves, and most known to all, a crimson hood. Under his hood, all that can be seen is blackness darker than space, and his eyes are as deep as black holes. When he gazes into someone’s eyes, it is said that he can devour their soul in a heartbeat. He is simply, a shadow. He also has physical weapons, some say they are from the future. Because he is outside of the physical world, he can slip in and out of time as easily as one slips out of a shirt. After all, time is just physical. He used his new power to visit the future and get a weapon, a weapon more deadly than any other in our time, a rifle. But this isn’t an ordinary rifle; it was modified with special alchemy. The bullets after entering the body turn to acid and slowly eat away the victim. After this, Ronan became a mercenary, a soldier for higher. Many times a client has found himself in deaths doorway because they were unable to pay him for his services. Though he is not human, despite what some think, he still has emotion, it’s just buried, deep within his soul…..

Chapter 1
Another Deal
Luckily, his client enjoyed dark places as much as him, because this inn was to his liking, full of shadows, not too crowded, and heavy with fear. Fear, he had gotten used to how people looked when they felt it. He had discovered fear it to be a useless emotion and shoved it deep into his heart long ago, although, it still served its purpose with others well. The man sitting across the table from him could easily be mistaken for an innocent peasant, but he knew better, the last few years had taught him just how deceitful people could be. He had already spotted the secret pocket that concealed a small knife in the man’s belt. He had also noted the rune on his ring, which showed that he was probably trained in some form of magic. “So, you can guarantee a successful assassination by next week?”. Ah so that was it, another assassination. He had already done so many that they all seemed to pass without thought now. So easy, just sneak into the house, poison something, or simply ambush them in the night……”Shadow? Is something wrong?” asked the man. Oh what was his name, ah, scar-tongue, that’s what they called him. He used to juggle knives until he tried to catch one in his mouth, heh, funny how life did those things. “No. No problem.” He replied to Scar-tongue. “Just give me the address and ill have it done by next week.”. Ah life was so much more fun as a wraith, if it could be called a life. Though he did sometimes miss being human, he also enjoyed the fear he put into others and the money that came with it. Yes, being the Shadow was much better than being a human.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/12/2010 17:01:17   
Taranus

here is next two chapters.

Chapter 2
It was stuffy up in the rafters of this small cottage. It was after nightfall and his target still hadn’t gotten back yet. What was that? Ah. There it was, the tell tale sound of footsteps. There he was. He was tall, with long blond hair, just as his client had described him. Ready, a little closer. He pulled the trigger of his prize riffle, a rarity in the poor land. The bullet found its target, and the man dropped. As he descended, from the ceiling he suddenly realized that the body had disappeared. This was weird, the only way that could have happened is either death had already gotten his body, which usually takes about an hour, especially considering how busy death was these days. That left one other alternative……magic. But who could have done it? He hadn’t sensed anyone near enough to use it, or the usual disturbance in the plane of energy that happened when magic was being used. Something was wrong. Wait, what was that? “THUNK” that was the last thing he heard before everything went black…..

Chapter 3
"Thump Thump". He heard the sound as though from the bottum of a hole. "Thump Thump". It was getting louder. Maby he should wake up. As his vision cleared so did his mind. Ungh, where was he? The last thing he remembered was hearing a thunk, then everything had gone blank. He was lying in the floor of a small cave, surrounded by shadows, with a skeleton in the corner. Why couldn’t he move? Probably a binding spell." "Welcome" sounded a deep voice, which resonated through the cavern with an other-worldly echo. “Who sayd what?. He asked. “Ah, wouldn’t you like to know. Of course your probably wondering how I read your thoughts as well.”, replied the voice. “Yes, im kind of curious about that too.” he replied. He needed an advantage here. Lets see, there weren’t many caves near the town, and the nearest mountain range was about 5 kilometers north. Considering the lighting, he was probably just inside of the range. “So you know where you are do you?" replied the demonic voice. "I thought you'd figure it out sooner or later.” Just what he needed, a mind reader. “Yes, but you still haven’t told me who you are yet.” He sayd. This would be easy, all he had to do was slip out of time, wait for the magic to wear off, then come back and find his attacker. The poor man would never know what happened.. “Ah, I wouldn’t try that if I were you. Your powers wont work as long as your being bound by me.” “My magic prevents all powers, physical or spiritual”. Hmm, he probably wasn’t lying. He knew that master magicians could use there powers to bind spirits, and since he was half spirit it would work. “Don’t worry, youl be free soon enough, I just need to talk to you first.” the voice purred. “And you couldn’t just ask me?” he replied sarcastically, He couldn't afford to lose his cool. “Well, I didn’t want you leaving before I finished, that would be rude.” the man chuckled. “Well, since im here, what is it?” he asked. “Ah, now we get to it. Well I just thought you might want to know that I found a way to turn you human again.” it whispered. “Why would you think I needed to know that?” he replied. “Because, I know that you miss being human, no matter how much you say otherwise, a part of you still longs for humanity.” He purred again. “Im fine how I am, thank you. Now if you will kindly release me, I will be on my way.” He sayd. “If you wish, but think about it, if you want to contact me, meet me at the summit of Mount Hyo.” As the voice faded, so did the pressure on his limbs. He was free, but the damage was done, he now wondered how happy he was his current life, and that was all the wizard had intended.

< Message edited by Taranus -- 9/24/2011 13:39:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> (aqw) the legend of the Crimson Shadow
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition