Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Vaguely Vorpal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> RE: Vaguely Vorpal
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2012 21:27:35   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

agreed with wyrm
honestly, you ARE the new wyrm
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
6/9/2012 20:55:40   
Solar Boy
Vorpal Edges Biggest Fan!

Thanks guys!

@Wyrmy - If you mean before I colored the fiery bits, then no. :q
@Jecht - Yes, yes! Come back to us. @___@
@Dylan - <3

Update:

quote:

go forth and chicken nugget!

The deed, she is done!

:D

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 6/9/2012 20:56:28 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 52
6/14/2012 2:18:24   
Solar Boy

Sketchbook from a few years ago!

"BEWARE"
covers:
front - back
contents:
neck
drippy
cleft

Covers are fun, right?! Might scan more if I feel like it/get around to it...

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 6/21/2012 23:32:30 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 53
7/4/2012 15:11:50   
Starflare

flailviolently is sick! The good kind. ;P
Post #: 54
7/5/2012 17:57:07   
Suuichi
Flash Runner-Up 10

Solaaaaaaaar! Your stuff is awesome, as always. Can you draw Freaky Fred from Courage the Cowardly Dog, but all Solar Boy like? kthx :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
7/5/2012 18:36:41   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Have to agree with hellfire, those new drawings are S-I-C-K! Very cool indeed. I really like drippy for obvious reasons. Cleft is a nice departure from your usual stuff and I have a fondness for baby heads so it works for me quite nicely.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
7/8/2012 11:44:27   
Y.Kobayashi

Love your gallery, I find it disturbing, which is a good thing . And like Wyrm I have a fascination with baby heads, especially mannequin types.. oh so creepy, but I digress. I think my favorite has to be nightmare set 3!
AQ AQW  Post #: 57
7/10/2012 23:09:58   
Lady Aliella

I seriously love your style. It's as Kobayashi said, disturbing, but in a good way. And your update is no different :) I really liked drippy but I think adding some more dark colors would make it look... creepier x)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
8/14/2012 16:29:26   
Solar Boy

Oi. I'm still alive.

@Starf: Cheers! :D
@Suuichi: Thanks! And maybe! D:
@Wyrmy: I have a fair bit of mixed media stuff like cleft sitting around from a couple years ago, but most of it is too big to scan and I lack a decent camera for the time being. D:!
@Kobayashi: Woop woop, thanks! :D
@Lady Aliella: Cheers! And I agree! It's super old though, so I won't be revisiting it. :<

Small update: After much pestering from TS1, I've made a piece for SotW! o: SotW: Form

Aaaand speaking of TS1, I've not yet posted about our super cool collaboration here! My lineart, his coloring and TS1y-ness!

Kay. That's all for now.
AQ AQW  Post #: 59
8/15/2012 17:03:04   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Just saw the collab on DA. It's a lot of fun to see your wonderful characters spreading across the interglobe!

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
11/21/2012 2:49:40   
Solar Boy

*3 months later* D':

Wyrmy <3

Update: My entry for the hand-turkey contest. Hehe..

That's all for now!
AQ AQW  Post #: 61
5/8/2013 0:18:02   
Solar Boy

Oh, hello!

Tinypic doesn't seem to like direct image links so much anymore. I'll see about re-uploading things elsewhere when I get around to it. In the meantime, enjoy my artwork surrounded with adverts and logos and junk! Oh, and I've apparently got a few dead links. Those too will be resolved in the (hopefully) near future!

In other news, I was feeling nostalgic the other night, so here's a doodle of this cool guy.

That's all for now!
AQ AQW  Post #: 62
5/8/2013 2:31:16   
Joerte
Friendly! Creative!

Cool doodle, the pose is nice and dynamic, and the sword is extremely detailed. Though some of the shading on it is unrealistic. Based on the shadows on the armour, the light on the sword shouldn't be where it is on it. Overall, it's a nice piece, the detail is my favourite aspect of it.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 63
9/27/2013 4:02:33   
Solar Boy

*4 months later* :q

Thanks for the comment, Joerte.

Update:

Something old: more of this guy
Something even older: some sort of bad guy
Something I've already posted, re-scanned to deal with some quality issues: Nightmare Set v3

That's all for now!

< Message edited by Solar Boy -- 9/27/2013 4:03:43 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 64
11/1/2013 14:40:11   
Solar Boy

something festive
AQ AQW  Post #: 65
12/8/2013 1:04:36   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

I still have no idea how do you make so many awesome things. Remind me what you use?
Also, any chance you can give me a sneakpeak into your work process? I can't believe I never asked before
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
12/8/2013 14:13:33   
Solar Boy

Haha, thanks! Most of my color is sharpie permanent markers. They're relatively inexpensive and the colors are vibrant. For lines I use a variety of black pigment/liner/whatever pens. Brand-wise, mainly Faber-Castell or Staedtler recently.

For most of my work, I'll start by roughing things out in pencil. I've not got any recent examples of this, but you can see it in the incomplete portion of this wip I posted a while back. I'll line it and remove any left over pencil markings. I color it using lighter colors first (generally yellow, especially in the example I posted where I only used yellow), following the contours of whatever form I'm drawing, leaving the most protruding parts of whatever form uncolored to give it a sense of form. Usually I'll build up more layers of color, from lightest to darkest (not in that example, though). As I'm coloring, I'll add more lines/hatching to define forms further with the black pen. Something I tend to do a lot, (which is pretty awful for the lifespan of markers) is bleeding out my lining in places with my color for a sort of dirty middle tone.

More recently I've been forgoing the rough pencil step and just roughing things out in yellow marker. For instance, this guy was done like this. You can see it especially in the back of his hairdo, which I left as only the two lightest colors.

So yeah! There's more to it of course, but I can't really explain everything, aha. D:

New stuff on the way soon, hopefully! I'm still deciding how I want to organize my gallery under the new rules and things. :p
AQ AQW  Post #: 67
6/9/2014 4:23:57   
Solar Boy

Yikes. So many dead links. D:

Anyway, I'm still alive. Is my audience? We shall see!

New stuff! Now with thumbnails!

AQ AQW  Post #: 68
6/19/2014 5:17:32   
TreadLight

ur hawt
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
6/19/2014 6:40:01   
Kian
Creative!

That pumpkin is amazingly done... (like the rest of your work) *adds to favourites*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 70
6/21/2014 22:55:31   
Suuichi
Flash Runner-Up 10

Your drawings are sassy. Me gusta
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
12/6/2014 4:36:37   
Solar Boy

It's about that time again..

Thanks a lot Kian!

miles n suui <3

-

Update: I colored that last drawing in PS. Enjoy. :v

AQ AQW  Post #: 72
1/9/2015 13:35:19   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Dang SB that guy is wicked. I particularly love the light line shading over the colours, very appealing. He looks like some kind of diseased Tengu.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
4/22/2015 0:43:46   
Solar Boy

graveyard soil
writhing hands shoot up from below
is that a... is it holding a sword?
is that the Vorpal Edge!?

-

Update. /undead voice

AQ AQW  Post #: 74
4/23/2015 12:00:22   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

Jinkies! It's ALIVE!!! Diggin' the loose style of this piece. What program are you using nowadays since that looks like a digital piece? You gots to pop in more often mate. The crickets are getting lonely lol.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> RE: Vaguely Vorpal
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition