Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/4/2010 19:46:21   
forumlogin

@Mechbuster
I wouldn't care about a weaker StP either way EXCEPT for the fact that staff said they would at the end of the Fire War. :P
It's been a while now. Not important to increase popularity, but just something that bothers me. XD

@Tero
True, I don't think I've thought of it that way. Except for more storyline content, I want those like everyone else does. ;P
Just want to mention another thing, though:
Many weps do the same or similar things. What's the point of having 3 weps for the same slot that all boost damage? :P

@neodiabolus
Currently, it seems the story should get a little delay, if Yokai's an example. :O
I don't think more jobs would be so much of a problem if it's done every other week, once per month, or even less than that.
Although if that's the path to be taken, a little care should be exercised in that it doesn't fall to the S.O.O.N. list...or at least that it isn't promised so that it can't fall to the S.O.O.N. list.
DF MQ  Post #: 276
10/4/2010 20:15:41   
EinhanderX01

It seems one of my posts disappeared. But then again, I'm not sure if it was this thread or another.

Regardless... I feel that after the "Coming Soon: New Planet", MQ should go bring back the storyline a bit, focusing on cities besides Soluna. ...Unless we're to expect that Planet Lore is barren outside of Soluna City and the destroyed Tibattleonia.

The end of Chapter 1 required we go out and make allies for the eventual finale. So far, we've recruited an ally or few from Zargon, Westion (what's left of that dustball, hah), Lagos (and part of Arthuria), and maybe Yokai and Necryptos. Now would be a good time as any to continue this progress by visiting another city on Lore that will require us to convince them of the threat and to unite with Soluna. In this manner, more jobs could be added as well, which could cater to levels 30 to 45.

Soluna itself will need additional improvements; ranging from a few more SC-Only missions via either Braddock or the SC Club, K&S, and more Museum Missions to adding sidestory arcs for Maria 5 and Starbuck and plain weapon refinement missions to unlock better blades at Greyson's Blade Shop. The Police Station and Hospital could undergo a "Part 2" as well, adding upper level equipment for levels 15 to 25 and filling in the 15 to 20 equipment gap. Mysterious Johnson might also warrant a "Part 2", since we never really recaptured that evil Fairy.

And everyone already knows my stance regarding SCMMs, so no need to repeat that this time around. Moving on...

Suggestions. There's a lot that could be looked at and incorporated into the game. In fact, what happened to incorporating the winning mechs from the Design-A-Mech competition? Wasn't that part of the reason some of the base mechs on Soluna were updated?

< Message edited by EinhanderX01 -- 10/4/2010 20:37:35 >
Post #: 277
10/4/2010 20:23:04   
master mix

I want DRAGONLORD & GUARDIAN mechs.

I also want it to be easier to get weapons and mechs.

There should be mech and weapon drops.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 278
10/4/2010 20:33:05   
forumlogin

@master mix
If you mean price drops when you say easier, I'm with you. :P
However, as a whole I'm against drops. They are possibly the most irritating thing about DF, and before I had the forums I generally had to farm blindly until I found a weapon that fit my required elemental needs. ;P
DF MQ  Post #: 279
10/4/2010 20:41:45   
EinhanderX01

I hate drops. Those ruin games for me. If it's something minor, like Mods, then I'm fine with it. If it's anything more than Mods, then no. I don't want to waste any more than 10 minutes farming the same quest just to get a decent weapon. Either have it be unlocked after finishing the quest, or let me fight a boss for it. But other than that, no.

It's the same reason I don't farm Batman and Spidey on Zargon just to get the better Bat Head or the Stun Resistance-adding Spider head.
Post #: 280
10/4/2010 20:45:06   
stealthwings
Helpful

I. Hate. Drops.

Especially the rare ones, doom weapons are actually quite easy to get in DF compared to other items.

I agree with forumlogin, they are the most irritating thing about DF. The RNG is completely in control, usually, you have some control, since you decide how you fight. In that, the RNG controls how much control you have.

VERY BAD!
DF MQ  Post #: 281
10/4/2010 21:21:15   
icemaster 77

Yes,drops are weird.You get a random item after you killed a boss.

Maybe jobs should improve MQ a bit more.Also,could the Rare hunter shop be a non rares shop.

Now lets get these suggestion to action instead of repeating ourself,shall we?
MQ AQW  Post #: 282
10/5/2010 16:46:28   
master mix

Okay...

What if after the quest, you had the option for free weapons.

The mechs could cost a little, but it would be easier than farming.

@below.

Okay then, DISCOUNTED weapons and mechs, like perhaps 1/4 or 1/2 the original price?

A LOT easier than endless farming.

< Message edited by master mix -- 10/5/2010 16:49:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 283
10/5/2010 16:47:56   
stealthwings
Helpful

No.

Just, no drops.

MQ is based around being easy to get credits, but everything costs credits. Disrupting that would require changing the entire game.
DF MQ  Post #: 284
10/5/2010 17:02:33   
DragonYugi

Time to hit people with the LOGIC STICK:

In DragonFable and AdventureQuest Worlds items are dropped because they are... items... swords... capes... helms... nothing big... But who in the name would carry a mecha in their pocket and drop it when they are defeated? Really? xD

This even applies to arms, shoulders and heads. Have you even compared the size of a human to those things? How are you gonna loot it? xD

Some people might say "using your mecha, d'oh!" but what if you can't? What mecha have you seen that can move its fingers? Eh? =D
Post #: 285
10/5/2010 17:23:02   
master mix

@above.

The finger zapper is able to (I think).

And besides, It would make it easier on less wealthy players.

@below

selling scrap metal for tons of credits IS a good idea.

How much, like 75,000 or 100,000. I like 100,000 because it's more than 75,000.

< Message edited by master mix -- 10/5/2010 17:24:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 286
10/5/2010 17:23:07   
stealthwings
Helpful

Logic FTW!

And we destroy the enemy mecha, then sell it for scrap metal. (The credits we get)
@Above
Maybe the finger zapper can, but can it carry something?

Even then, why would it? Oh, I am just going to carry this around with me so that when you kill me, you can have it....
Who would do that?

And We already do sell it for scrap metal, we get credits for it, every time you win a fight, you get credits.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 10/5/2010 19:30:18 >

DF MQ  Post #: 287
10/5/2010 19:02:41   
forumlogin

@master mix
It would also make the game much less fun as a whole.
Have you ever really tried farming for a weapon? Both me and my sister have. It's not fun. My sister still doesn't have the weapon she wanted, but she got another so I guess it's fine.
Also, selling THAT much scrap metal? Yeah, right. That'd just completely break the game. XD
"Oh, look, I beat one enemy, I get 250 or so EXP and 101,8750 or however much credits you'd get."
DF MQ  Post #: 288
10/5/2010 19:38:11   
icemaster 77

Logic is Life!

Who would buy a ton of scrap metal.Your mech must have turned it into dust by now.

Farming for weapons is too boring.Get credits and buy weapons.Who would get randoms weapons placed on the ground for people to get?
MQ AQW  Post #: 289
10/5/2010 20:05:21   
Shards Superior

I'm sure that nothing that attacks can be dropped. It's just not logical.

However, mods are definitely possible. Maybe also plans for mechas?

Like, in AQW you sometimes get a weapon plan and then have to go enhance it to be able to attack.

But, that's already implemented, right? If you beat something, you can sometimes unlock a shop for a playable version, or something like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 290
10/6/2010 7:09:08   
Calogero

weapons drop = fail...
That's the only thing I hate about DF, especialy when the cap rises, more weapon lvls will drop...

about it not being logic, if you cut off an opponents weapon slot it would make sence tho :P but I'd still won't like it

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 291
10/6/2010 12:52:09   
Artus

OK first about releases:

1.-I got so disappointed with them that I didīt logged for a month AND when I played it took me like half a hour to play them all, if this continues players are just going to stop coming back,I know I will, so if the SCMM takes that much of the staff time then make it every 2 months and focus on releases, which btw need to focus on the story... Iīm starting to miss those ShS guys (they were like team rocket :P), where do they come from?, are there more generals?, Do they have a queen or something? why havenīt they controlled anyone anymore?... Are some of the other games Npcs coming to MQ like Galanoth (I like that guy itīs funny)

2.- I totally agree with the "we have a lot to play with but we need more to play about", itīs like the staffīs creative spark itīs focused in the wrong direction,

3.- I donīt know if itīs like this but itīsure looks like more staff is needed or at least AE has forgotten all about MQ

Then about In-game:

1.- The leveling, of course youīll need to farm a lot itīs an rpg after all, BUT can you imagine leveling from 98 to 99? my suggestion is just to add different rewards according to the monsterīs difficulty, which btw would really help those players stuck when you finish most of the story.

2.- Jobs, really, really needed, thereīs not that much to say besides that they were really fun at the beginning of the game

3.- And something to add itīs a suggestion, how about a npc that can upgrade any mecha with an extra evasion or str (but just one for a mecha depending of your level), by doing some missions in all past worlds, also a mecha pvp coliseum would be nice
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 292
10/6/2010 15:22:21   
deathkiller

maybe they shuiold stop releasing rares for a while and focus on the S.O.O.N. list and on the bug list (I think they have enough pages to read before they know them all)
MQ  Post #: 293
10/6/2010 17:17:01   
*Frogzard Master*

My list
: make monsters lvl depend on where what an what quest ur doing not auto ur lvl
: make more monsters better
: make money harder to get/make things cost more
: make monsters more unique
: make mechas more unique
: make normal mode easyer
: make weapons you buy in stores better so theres a reason to buy them and not just use the defaults on ur mechas
: make stats matter more if im properly informed 10 (some skills get boosted every 20 points but most every 10)power points make you do 1% more damage/or what ever that stat does and in basic math 200 does 20% more damage wish is horrible at 200 u should have atleast 1/3 more
: make mechas more balanced monthy rare mechas or OP and every other mecha is UP witch mean event rares are useless and the only usefull thign is monthy rares
: make lvling a little easyer just a little

< Message edited by *Frogzard Master* -- 10/6/2010 17:29:15 >
AQ  Post #: 294
10/6/2010 17:49:16   
master mix

It is boring to farm.

THAT IS ALL!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 295
10/6/2010 17:57:06   
*Frogzard Master*

yes it is and thats y theres no need to
AQ  Post #: 296
10/6/2010 18:49:35   
EinhanderX01

quote:

: make monsters lvl depend on where what an what quest ur doing not auto ur lvl

That's what it was back in the early years of MQ. But it's been changed so that players can enjoy higher leveled areas w/o much issue, nor feeling left out. The only thing would be that they won't be able to use the higher level equipment if they're not of that level.

quote:

: make more monsters better

That's what "Smart enemies" were supposed to be. However, the only enemies with some pre-programmed attack patterns are the Lava Monsters and one or two ShS mechs released during the Final Westion War (IIRC, Jawseph and Insectroscythe).

quote:

: make money harder to get/make things cost more

You do realize that the money earning and EXP gain are related right? The system is setup up specifically so that players can build up enough cash while on their way to the next level so that they don't have to worry about being left high and dry. Of course, if the player is a natural spender, then no amount of farming will let them gain enough to hold them over for long. Furthermore, equipment is already fairly expensive as-is. No need to increase their price any further than necessary. In fact, farming could use a Double Credit Boost on random weekends, just to encourage a bit more playing.

quote:

: make mechas more unique

To some extent, I will agree. Esp. concerning Rare mechs and Nova Gem mechs. Most NG mechs are just better versions of the SC mechs w/o any additional extras to make them worth the NGs. Many will end up just buying the Credit SC version (or in NSC's case, the NSC version).

quote:

: make normal mode easyer

It's already easy. 3 and 4 turn kills is the standard.

quote:

: make weapons you buy in stores better so theres a reason to buy them and not just use the defaults on ur mechas

This is already done. Granted, it's usually in the upper levels, where stronger and newer specials are on equipment that could complement a specific build. And I don't even have to mention Rares.

quote:

: make stats matter more if im properly informed 10 (some skills get boosted every 20 points but most every 10)power points make you do 1% more damage/or what ever that stat does and in basic math 200 does 20% more damage wish is horrible at 200 u should have atleast 1/3 more

There is a specific stat formula for each stat, and they're not all the same. Some have formulas that make one stat slightly better than another, though due to the formulas not being released, it's still a vague discussion. Regardless, Stats might undergo a tweak later on, but it's fine currently as-is.

quote:

: make mechas more balanced monthy rare mechas or OP and every other mecha is UP witch mean event rares are useless and the only usefull thign is monthy rares

That's actually counterproductive, you realize right? Rare equipment are supposed to be stronger, as they only appear once and then are permanently gone, or in the case of Holiday Rares, once a year. If they were so common and average as non-Rare equipment, what's the point of even celebrating a Holiday or releasing a Rare? There are better things to do than spending valuable time to log into a game where Holiday rares are as average as non-Rare equipment. Rares are a bonus for those that take the time away from their plans to log in, play through the special release, and purchase strong equipment that may or may not ever be seen again. Moreso when you include NG Rare items into the mix.

quote:

: make lvling a little easyer just a little

Again, referring to Credit earnings. It will do little good to make leveling easier if the credits gained from all those fights don't add up enough to sustain you for another level or two. Then again, those who have the habit of just spending their earnings almost as fast as they gain them will not benefit regardless. The amount of Credits gain in one leveling around 30 will already net you two or three mechs and enough support weaponry to last you to the next level, provided you don't spend on what you really don't need. Furthermore, X-Boost is available for purchase that grants an extra 10% to both EXP and Credit gain.
Post #: 297
10/6/2010 21:18:18   
icemaster 77

But still make the exp and credits drop increase or else,I don't know what will happen to MQ.

Prehaps a shutdown.
MQ AQW  Post #: 298
10/6/2010 22:21:53   
forumlogin

@Frogzard
Well, I'll just specifically pick out the ones I disagree with (except for 7 and 10). :P
1. Maybe for some quests, since fixed quests aren't all bad, but the majority should be scaled, IMO.
3. No. That'd increase the farming. Isn't that obvious?
7. For lower levels, definitely. Ein says the higher levels get some nice stuff, so I'll believe him, but lower levels really miss out. Levels 15-18 definitely.
8. You underestimate 20%. OoO
Moreso because it requires no hit to activate, will never wear away, and is always there.
9. Ein already dealt with this one. :P
10. I already stated this, but I think it's good, BUT should be paired with a mecha pricing cut.
Also, as other players mentioned, it could go away after you're a high enough level, because after a while you don't need the extra stuff. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 299
10/7/2010 20:06:49   
icemaster 77

Just increase the exp for every lv to the max.As well for price drops.It took me a long time to lv up to 43 to use the two new mechs of October.

Edit:This thread is dead.

< Message edited by icemaster 77 -- 10/9/2010 17:11:18 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition