Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/19/2010 21:14:53   
tyrant king

Personally i think mqs sorta a bit sluggish compared to the other games (I remember when they had mini wednesday releases)
I think working on the S.O.O.N list would help been over 2 years since they promised the verified mechs and ive been playing from the start (personally id rather have them finish off atleast most of it then work on other releases)
More stuff in releases
The Scmm might be better ever 2 or 3 months but like it shouldn't all look similar like they do now and the extra months are there so they can take their time and make them more unique
I think the main problem of why new players are leaving is cause of the exp drop they cant be bothered cause of the lack of stuff at their levels (money, mechs etc)

Mechquest used to have tons of massive releases back in the day but now not so much, I like mq its not really Dying but its not really improving much either

< Message edited by tyrant king -- 9/21/2010 18:48:44 >

If at first you don't succeed, Redefine success
AQ  Post #: 26
9/19/2010 22:35:37   
icemaster 77

The 1 hours per days to level up list:

lv1-3:1 day

lv4-8:5 day

lv9-15:14 day

lv16-30:58 day

lv31-42:73 days

Total days:151 days by my experience and others.

< Message edited by icemaster 77 -- 9/19/2010 22:37:40 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 27
9/19/2010 22:50:07   
Glais

My personal thought sare to do two things.
1:Cut SCMMs to Bi monthly. This allows more time work on the story and other sections.
2.Add more Custscenes, memorable NPCS(MQ lacks this by alot), and new powerful enemies.
Our main enemies, the ShadowScythe are basically a joke now.
DF MQ  Post #: 28
9/19/2010 22:50:11   
Mechbuster1

Well it’s obvious that there are complaints about the direction the game has taken, but since Mae told us what was happening behind the scenes in the first thread, and after Korin’s recent release and design notes, I don’t think it can be said that Mechquest is “dying”. The extra mech slots and raised level cap alleviated some complaints already.

I also think it is better to suggest improvements which some have done in this and other posts.

1. Only major holiday releases should be rare, everything else should be permanent.

2. Make SCMMs bi-monthly so the staff can produce original mechs instead of rushing them out and/or neglecting game content. (I notice some players call themselves “rare collectors” but this is a game not an online auction and games require playable content more than anything else.)

3. Expand current worlds (that have not exploded). Walk around worlds are the most appealing.

4. Release another world with more quests. (Westion was a good walk around world, Lagos had the best quests and plot development, Necryptos was cool and different, Yokai was … Mortal Combat with mechs and no real plot or quests and it is only becoming a walk around world now, but this doesn’t mean the game is dying.)

5. Fix bugs and gremlins! This includes rares, because if it is still in use it should work properly. (I’m looking at you AC490 as I eject again…actually assault mecha is the most interesting part of the game right now until a new quest release changes that.)

6. Never remove content if it will put a major hole in the game or plotline (currently the Dragonoid Saga).

A live PvP arena might be fun, but it was already explained that it would not work well or possibly at all with this type of browser game, so I would not expect it.
DF MQ  Post #: 29
9/20/2010 0:50:24   
Calogero

@ Above

Sorry Korin and Mae but raising the lvl cap and inventory spots didn't do ship about MQ dieing...
MQ still lacks the Equipment and mechs at certain lvls and the lack of non rare

and by the gods can we at least have a Cutscene in which we actualy talk a bit...

< Message edited by andy123 -- 9/20/2010 0:52:03 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/20/2010 0:57:52   
deathkiller

make it a bit easier for NSC because they really have hard times out there and SC beat basically everything on their first try
and another one make it possible to view stats during an opponents turn and while you are attacking not only in the attack menu

< Message edited by deathkiller -- 9/20/2010 1:06:12 >
MQ  Post #: 31
9/20/2010 1:09:16   
Glais

quote:

can we at least have a Cutscene in which we actualy talk a bit...

Indeed, along with that, as far as story and cutscenes go we need another Westion, most complete planet we've had thus far, it took like 2 years before we finished...uh exploded...it.
There were many side things to do before it picked up which made it seem more like an actual setting.
There was also a third(and fourth) party, the Vul'Kharim which added to the atmosphere.

Lagos was good but I absolutely hate the ending, so short and sudden, Robina doesn't even send you to the war and with the War fights locked the story is even more incomplete.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 9/20/2010 1:11:14 >
DF MQ  Post #: 32
9/20/2010 1:38:15   
Schwarzbart

I agree on the List of Vamp Fex except that fixing the soon list every 2nd week instead off every week as he sugested would be enough ^^. I also agree on icemasters Sugestion on improving the XP System.
One thing I personal find bad is this loooot of ! in the Mainscreen how would a new player feel if he enters this screen the first time! Especial the person he have to talk to total goes under with this many people in the main and then they also have the ! .
AQ MQ  Post #: 33
9/20/2010 7:12:25   
black knight 1234567

Make monthlys each 2 months, good, each 3 MONTHS? No, a big BIG no.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
9/20/2010 9:09:49   
Arath

MQ needs goes back to old school,
the mecha battle was fresh to the AE players.
there are emphasize in farming because players wanted external equips to mecha.
mecha battle is leaning towards strategy because of it.

now MQ just release a new mecha very often,
it just kills the fun of how people sees buying external equips.
back then, we have noobish nubertron which is great because players would value external equip and hold them in great importance.
but now, just buying a mecha would make a waste of credits/money to buy anything that is not default to the mecha.

i feel that to improve MQ,
all mechas in game should just have nothing but the body chasis equip.
ive yet to see a combo mecha since zargon, perhaps special variants type of equips would benefit the chasis.
varieties, combos, complexity that is what makes a great mecha battle game
there should be limitation to the number of custom-made mecha, the players should make their own mecha.
the idea of SCMM should not by the MQ team, but by us.
SCMM kills their creativity, each time they create a new SCMM, they had think another different effect for front arm/shoulder back arm/shoulder
i feel that all they had to provide is the body effects and make them as unique as possible.

< Message edited by Arath -- 9/20/2010 9:18:01 >
Post #: 35
9/20/2010 9:12:14   
black knight 1234567

NO! just chasis will make MQ die MORE. EDIT: I agree, we need more combo mechas tho....

< Message edited by black knight 1234567 -- 9/20/2010 9:13:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
9/20/2010 10:50:04   
Calogero

I'd like to hear the reason to Why Every 3 months is a big No to you guys :)

4 Rare SCMM a year is still very nice... or do you prefere going old skool and no SCMM????

Please do Tell me why ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
9/20/2010 11:00:19   
Dault

Actually, i'm all for canceling the SCMM's.
More rares=less available equipment, and more time consumed by the staff.
I would rather have a release with 10 non-rares, than one with 10 rares.
Mq needs good quality releases to keep this game going, and rares aren't going to solve its problems.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
9/20/2010 11:03:58   
black knight 1234567

2 months mean 8 mechas..... and tbh, I just love seeinge very month whow wicked the SCMM will be, and belive me, I am all for cutom mehcas, but just CHASIS? thats just....
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
9/20/2010 11:22:53   
Vampire Fexy

Dont get me wrong Black Knight, but looking at your account you arent a very old player, your account is made after they released the SCMM by few months and you upgraded after making your account by 20 days, and you seem to only have SCMM and few other strong mechas, which means you probably havent even tried most mechas other than the SCMM so you cant denied something you havent tried or been in the time it was out.

Most of the old players will tell you that the SCMM ruined the game because they have been playing for long time and they know what the game is about, customizing a mecha, not spending money on OP mecha that doesnt need a single equipment with it, ruins everything about the game, i remember back in 2008 when you needed to customize mechas all the time to win against almost everything, mechas werent OP they rarely had any weapons on them actually, some only had few weapons so you could actually customize the shoulders and head, it was fun back then not now "Become a SC and use the SCMM to destroy anything in your way without customizing!", no offense but that seems pretty cheap for me, they were fun in the first few months but they got annoying after that.

< Message edited by Vampire Fexy -- 9/20/2010 11:23:31 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
9/20/2010 11:29:14   
Calogero

At that Time Fexy, You had to equip a lot of stuff to nerf 1 stat to max :P
now 1 SCMM can nerf all stats to the max with 1 or 2 rares

I'm One of those old players, I have bought every single SCMM
Even 8 mechs a year is a lot, that's more than Half the inventory we got for free....

I Won't say cancel the SCMM just to give new SCMM a little special mech occasionaly but at Least
3 months is needed between SCMM's

Also Fexy, the First SCMM's were good, They weren't that OP but still in a class of their own ( Remember Strider, It's till my favorite SCMM )

< Message edited by andy123 -- 9/20/2010 11:30:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
9/20/2010 11:46:57   
Vampire Fexy

The Strider is the only completely balanced SCMM, it can rarely beat extreme, but its still awesome, my fav SCMM 8D still remember using it in the pirate quests and owning, and talking about beating the first Decimator when a mecha back these days..... took my ages to kill him.

< Message edited by Vampire Fexy -- 9/20/2010 11:47:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
9/20/2010 11:51:39   
black knight 1234567

IMO, If I can sacrafice MoHawk for Strider..I would........ and for a guy that just loves rares..I needed too sell several other non-rare mechas I loved for SCMM's...actually, after thinkking about It, 3 monthly would be perfect.... (Note: Also, we nee dmore combo mehcas, like the blue mecha.)

< Message edited by black knight 1234567 -- 9/20/2010 12:16:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
9/20/2010 12:08:46   
Calogero

indeed fexy... All SCMM beyond Strider were eather overpowered in some way or Underballanced ( Steve )

Strider was strong but still ( I believe ) below the NG power and required customizing to make it stronger...
I still wish there was a higher lvl of it... i'd like that that That's offtopic

@ Knight
Never saw someone that changed opinions so fast
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
9/20/2010 12:14:16   
black knight 1234567

Well..after looking at my invetory...seeing I am OBLIGATCED too buy a mehca each month... I change my mind..... (Note: SpellinG FAIL. In post before o.e, gonna fix.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
9/20/2010 12:24:23   
wolfencreek

I agree with the people that say its hard to level up ingame and what the mq team need to do is revamp soluna city making it more user friendly maybe add some teleporter buttons and maybe make it so you can pull up a starmap wherever you are(SC only)

I think they need to slow down with the planet releases instead of firing them ou one after the other they need to have a break in the storyline filled with other quests maybe some good EXP rewarding quests

also maybe add some sort of leaderboard showing who has the most EXP?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
9/20/2010 12:26:06   
Anvos

Just throwing this out here but what if we switched the SCMM from a new mech every month or two to a cycle system instead where the mechs came back around every so often at least 12 months in a cycle (could be more if the staff wants). Personally I think this might be a good idea as not only would most of the mechs no longer be permantly rare after a month or two but it should also help save the staff time since most mechs would only need a few stat tweaks and one or two new levels added when they are set to come back around and the only ones you would have to replace are the more OP ones like war bear and mohawk.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
9/20/2010 14:47:02   
black knight 1234567

I swear If the monthlsy return.. I will RAMPAGE.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 48
9/20/2010 15:06:02   
stealthwings
Helpful

I think that we need more places like necryptos. Something which will give even the OP SCMM a challenge. (how many can kill piotr, even with extreme customization? 3? 4?)

Of course, it shouldn't be a required mecha to make the ungodly buffs/nerfs go away, it should be more like a mod, or simply a button saying "Click here if you want a challenge"

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 9/20/2010 15:07:17 >
DF MQ  Post #: 49
9/20/2010 15:10:47   
black knight 1234567

Main selling points of SCMM's: rare.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying II+How Can We Improve It?
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition