Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= The September update is live!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= The September update is live!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/21/2010 20:22:44   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

=WARPFORCE=

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd RELEASES:

Missions:
-- Encounter Space Pirates and battle the dreaded Space Harpies! (Gravlax in Engineering)
-- You are chosen to be the first to explore Lore's new sister world! What you find will amaze you
-- and change the course of history! (Celestra on the Bridge)

New mission items:
-- Space Pirate battlesuit!
-- Plasma Storm weapon!
-- Thunderclap weapon!
-- Crat pet!

PLUS:
The Level Caps will be raised! Free players will be able to level to 63, and WarpGuardians will be able to level to 81!

WARPFORCE is open for everyone to play! WF is the official sci-fi expansion of AQ

AQ and WF get bigger and more exciting all the time, as new events, quests and items are added regularly!

Battle on!
Galanoth & the AQ/WF Team

< Message edited by AVA -- 9/24/2010 18:21:51 >
Post #: 1
9/21/2010 20:51:51   
Jakau Ryuu

Permission to squee?
Seriously though... the Space Pirate battlesuit's finally being released? I've been looking forward to that since The Hollow's DN post from way back in March. And the sister world thing, I've been looking forward to since I finally hit level 75 and ran the last storyline quest. (Yes, I'm ~2 months behind the cap now, and that's on my primary... *wince*) A new pet never hurts either. Somehow, the name conjures up a BM light pet... but I'm probably wrong in that thought.

-Ran through the Items list, and there's not a whole lot in the 79-81 range. Hopefully the items released this month have variants that fall somewhere in that area.
-We've got several gaps in higher-level Skills/Techs that apparently won't get filled this month. No particular shortage of Fire, Energy, Light or Darkness techs, but the other four elements are either in a mixed-element Tech, low-leveled, or non-existent.
-Unless the Space Pirate armor has outstanding water defenses - not exactly a far-fetched concept - we'll still be lacking in water defenses.

Wouldn't Friday be the 24th, also? *intentionally hides this part*

< Message edited by Jakau Ryuu -- 9/21/2010 20:55:38 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
9/21/2010 21:01:50   
element resistance
Helpful!

Wait, didn't they mean Sept. 24th? Cause today's Tuesday of 21st and 23rd is on Thursday. But it said's Friday Sept. 23rd instead of 24th.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/21/2010 23:12:57   
nosey123
Friendly!

Gah, must get to lvl 75. (stuck at 68) D:
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
9/21/2010 23:45:32   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

Space Harpies? If they're anything like the Harpy Warleaders encountered in AQ then I'm going to have a really fun time trying to beat them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
9/22/2010 3:54:57   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

So ... still no Commander's Arsenal? ;_;
Most weapon elements are already more or less covered, now that there's at least two weapon series for most elements, but there are still some gaps. Water may not be the most useful element, but I don't want to be stuck with the Level 44 version of the Laser Pistol when there's a level 72 one. :/

The rewards from these quests both seem energy element to me. I believe we already have plenty of energy weapons (three weapon series that span the entire cap), so I don't think the rewards will be that useful to me ... unless they're Magic weapons (which would be nice). I'd also like to see more techs/skills and a water oriented Battlesuit (which is indeed not that far-fetched if we're talking about pirates). Meh, it's not that we really *need* all gaps filled immediately and they are already filling them up as we go along. I guess I can just wait it out. :P

I'll be looking forward to this release, as always. Space pirates and space harpies will prove interesting.
AQ DF  Post #: 6
9/23/2010 14:54:46   
blackelemental

No Commander's Arsenal .......... -_-

Hi
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
9/23/2010 23:37:18   
Naj

Already have (at least) three things scoped out for upgrades/replacements...

- L80 Cyborguardian Battlearmor gives slight improvements to my best energy & light stats.

- L80 Advanced WG Network Def gives slight improvements to best ice & dark.

- L80 Suncys Blossom gives slight improvement to best fire.

One advantage is that two of these replace older Z version items of mine, freeing up some more tokens.

http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charviewWF.asp?temp=63242043

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 8
9/24/2010 8:51:38   
SIGMUND

A Sister world for Lore??? That sounds interesting.
See you all at level 81.

AQ  Post #: 9
9/24/2010 14:29:23   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

The level cap was raised before the missions were added, so I already hit my XP cap. I guess I'll wait for tomorrow before I play through the release.

I can also say that Haven has become an even better farming spot. :P
At level 79, the K1773R gets an upgrade as well, giving even more XP/Gold than the Defiler Sentry (8196/2723). He does hit a bit harder/is harder to hit though (50/50/40 defenses with 100 Dex).

Edit: Meh, I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I did the missions anyways.

quote:

Space Harpies? If they're anything like the Harpy Warleaders encountered in AQ then I'm going to have a really fun time trying to beat them.

Unfortunately, they are more or less the same as the improved harpies from AQ. And you fight two of them in a row. >.>
Yeah, the space pirates quest did give me some trouble. The monsters in the quest are fairly hard. Had to drink a few of potions to survive. Though it was a fun quest and I can always appreciate some form of difficulty. The quest also seems a bit 'bugged' at the moment (in terms of dialog, but it doesn't prevent you from finishing it).

The Novus quest chain seems to be very promising. I'll be certainly looking forward to more quests in this chain.

As for the rewards:

spoiler:

The two weapons (staff and sword) are both part of a series of mid-high level energy melee weapons, which means not that useful since I already have energy covered. I don't know anything about the specials, though, so for all I know they might be worth considering over the other energy weapons.

The Battlesuit, unfortunately, isn't water but it does provide decent Ice coverage, a double swing ability like the Ninja Kage and a poison abilty. It also comes in a level 80, pLV 83 version).

We also get a BM Fire pet from the Novus quest.

All in all, this was a very decent release. I can't wait for the October release. ^^

< Message edited by Technomancer -- 9/24/2010 15:31:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 10
9/24/2010 18:26:36   
Veya

The pirate suit is kinda nice, I liked how it looks, once I get lvl 80 I am gonna get it.

The weapons are nice too, once we get at lvl 95 we have a pretty cool Energy weapon.

The pet... meh, don't like BM pets, I just pass.
AQW  Post #: 11
9/24/2010 18:29:45   
casanovasj

Where's the pet quest?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
9/24/2010 22:02:58   
SIGMUND

I guess I'll reach level 80 tomorrow. Later today. http://guardian.battleon.com/Build30/charviewWF.asp?temp=63245008
Novus looks good but we'll need a whole lot more releases for this to live up to the hype.

< Message edited by SIGMUND -- 9/24/2010 22:04:03 >
AQ  Post #: 13
9/24/2010 23:14:07   
Darkling

Love the space pirate armor it looks really cool.
It'LL be awhile before I hit 80 so I am playing around with the level 60 version.
Weapons are pretty cool too.
Nice job guys!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
9/25/2010 0:24:22   
Naj

Just noticed that the K1773R just past the L96 Defiler Sentry on the Haven farming location is now L99 with 8196 exp and 2732 gold when you get to level 79.....

EDIT: hummm, someone already mentioned the L99 K1773R, nevermind....

http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charviewWF.asp?temp=63242043

< Message edited by Naj -- 9/25/2010 12:16:59 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 15
9/25/2010 0:29:17   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

It's as I feared, the Space Harpies are just...... x_X
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
9/25/2010 3:16:48   
Jakkinsteuart

So um... I'm not sure if it's just me, or if it's for everyone. I've seen one other person mention the dialogue problem as it speeds by for the "cut a hole in their hull" stuff before battling the harpies, I don't think I can read that even if I tried to get screenshots. Same thing happens when you get into the ship, before the clickable texts come up. Looking past that, I can walk all over Jayson level 83 but Karlina does some serious damage. Guess behind every good man is an equally leveled and stat woman ready to kick your butt lol. I have to use potions against her and he can't even take me down much further than 500 of my 760 max.
Post #: 17
9/25/2010 3:58:33   
Doomsday

Tried out the new quests, managed to beat both Space Harpies without using a single potion, they aren't really that tough, switch around your armors instead of sticking with the most offensive ones.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
9/25/2010 4:41:31   
Technomancer
Legendary AK!!!

... And the K1773R has been outclassed already by the level 100 Dark K1773R (over 9000! XP). If only AQ had such great farming places at level 80. :D

quote:

So um... I'm not sure if it's just me, or if it's for everyone. I've seen one other person mention the dialogue problem as it speeds by for the "cut a hole in their hull" stuff before battling the harpies, I don't think I can read that even if I tried to get screenshots. Same thing happens when you get into the ship, before the clickable texts come up. Looking past that, I can walk all over Jayson level 83 but Karlina does some serious damage. Guess behind every good man is an equally leveled and stat woman ready to kick your butt lol. I have to use potions against her and he can't even take me down much further than 500 of my 760 max.

It's probably safe to say that the dialogue wasn't intended to flash by. Staff will most likely adress the issue soon. It's not a real problem, as it doesn't prevent you from getting the rewards and you could always revisit the quest to see the dialogue (or wait until the quest entry is added to the pedia).

I can also agree with you on the Jayson/Karlina problem. I had expected Jayson to be even more powerful than Karlina (had to drink a couple of potions to beat her), so it was a surprise to find out that he isn't nearly as hard as his wife. Maybe that explains why he tried to get her to deal with us again? :P

< Message edited by Technomancer -- 9/25/2010 4:43:18 >
AQ DF  Post #: 19
9/25/2010 4:56:36   
Kaelin

The Space Pirate battlesuit is mid-Defensive (90% Offense) with an emphasis on Fire, Ice, Energy, and Ranged Defense. The L80G version looks like so:

B/R/S: 314%/314%/583% (approximate, not adjusted for any accuracy lean)
Blocking: 37/44/37
Resistance: 65/110/81/58/110/65/110/81

You better avoid getting hit by Water, Earth, and Light attacks.
AQ  Post #: 20
9/25/2010 5:31:40   
Manga Maniac

*sigh* I'm only level 65. Farming time.
Post #: 21
9/25/2010 7:44:28   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

ORIGINAL: casanovasj

Where's the pet quest?

Try the Celestra on the Bridge.
You must be Level 75 or higher to take on this mission!
Location: The Bridge > Queen Pra'Mithia > WARPFORCE SAGA! > ENGINE OF RESURRECTION
  • => Map

Note: I'm not 100% sure if the pet can be found there since I'm just level 65 which cannot take on the mission. :p
  • Post #: 22
    9/25/2010 7:57:13   
    sunblaze

Wierd I am 76 right now have done the engine-quest and Celestra still doesn't offer anything besides the devourer-summary.
    Are you sure the quest is there or should I have to redo the engine-quest again? It was kinda hard.

I want to visit the new planet.
    AQ  Post #: 23
    9/25/2010 8:58:31   
    Nex del Vida

sunblaze: First of all, hello, it's been a while. Second of all, have you tried logging out and then back in? If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache.

I enjoyed Celestra's quest quite a bit. Unfortunately, when I tried Gravlax's, the second Space Harpy killed me when it had 21 HP left. :/ I'll try it again soon--the Plasma Storm Staff is quite attractive on multiple fronts. Disappointed at the lack of an Ice Melee weapon above L50 (and that one is rare), as well as the ever-prolonged lockdown of the Commander's Arsenal.
    AQ  Post #: 24
    9/25/2010 9:00:02   
    Bu Kek Siansu

sunblaze: I've done 2 quests from the Engineering(NICE PIRATES) and Hangar Deck(TIME ANOMALY), there aren't any pet rewards.

To get a BM Fire pet you have to do the Novus quest, but I don't know where the Novus quest is. Maybe from the ENGINE OF RESURRECTION

spoiler:

• Engineering(NICE PIRATES): The rewards of the Space Pirate shop -> Clicky

• Hangar Deck(TIME ANOMALY): Rewards - Ranged Weapons

• < Message edited by AVA -- 9/25/2010 9:25:24 >
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= The September update is live!
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition