Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ) [Quest] The Mana Construct (A Miss Fixit Quest)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest/WarpForce >> (AQ) [Quest] The Mana Construct (A Miss Fixit Quest)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/26/2010 20:28:04   
Khimera

Comments thread

Conceptual Notes: Quest idea originated from the idea for the summon spell, and though it felt best applied to a magic-y quest I didn't want to write yet ANOTHER quest for Warlic's shop. That, and it being a single reward, lead me to write a Miss Fixit quest.

The Mana Construct (A Miss Fixit Quest)

INTRODUCTION

Scene opening: Miss Fixit's opening dialogue to lead into the quest.

Miss Fixit: Deep within the Skraeling Desert there lies a derelict temple, used in ancient times to worship the elemental lords.
Miss Fixit: It's one of many scattered across Lore that have fallen into disuse and been infested by monsters.
Miss Fixit: However, it has come to my attention that a cult of mages have been performing dangerous rituals, drawing from the residue power in the temple.
Miss Fixit: They have created a giant mana construct, but I'm worried as to whether they can control it. If it is let loose, it could cause massive amounts of damage.
  • I'll see what I can do
    • Continues quest

• Probably best to just leave them
    • Back to Town

SCENE 1: Skraeling Desert

Scene opening: Character comes in from left into the desert.

You: Right, now to find this temple.

FIGHT
You fight 2 battles against "Desert" monsters (Fire/Light, along with logical additions such as Sand Shark). After you fight 2 battles you get a full heal and then you face a save roll with the save as LUK. Each time you fail the roll, an internal counter increases by 1 and you fight two battles. When you fail, your health is multiplied by [1-Counter*0.02] before the battles (The heat makes you feel fatigued and dizzy). The difficulty of the roll is [70-Counter*8].

After you pass the roll:

SCENE 2: Outside The Temple

Scene opening: The temple is in the background, a large pyramid-shaped structure in the style of Egyptian architecture.

You: I've found it! About time too, this heat is unbearable!

SCENE 3: Inside the Temple

Scene opening: The temple has dark walls, decorated with the Lorian equivalent of cave drawings, depicting elemental runes and giant creatures and such. A dark hooded figure wearing eloquent robes and carrying a plain black stave comes in from the right.

Cultist: Do not interfere, <<Status>> (Note: This is "Adventurer" if un-upgraded, and "Guardian" if upgraded). The Construct is almost ready to wreck havoc on Lore! It is already draining the life force out of its surroundings.
You: I can't let you do that!
<Two more Cultists come in from the right>
Cultists: Then we will have to stop you.

FIGHT - During these fights both the player and monster are inflicted with "Ambience: Mana Burn", a status that deals damage to Health and Mana equal to 60% of the damage Burn deals each turn.
Cultist
Cultist
HEAL
Cultist
Cultist
HEAL

<You move into a large room where the Mana Construct (A creature made of mana that looks similar to Amazay Golem (Not a re-colouring though, it has to look notably different and have different animation), only blue and translucent, with brown swirling movement running throughout its body and the lack of gaping hole in the chest - Perhaps another artist's re-imagining?) is standing on a glowing rune taking up most of the right side of the screen>

You: Maybe it's friendly?

<The Mana Construct steps towards you, causing the screen to shake slightly>

You: *gulp* Or not.

FIGHT
Mana Construct
HEAL

You: Oh look, they left a copy of the spell scroll used to summon it... I wonder what Miss Fixit could do with this?

REWARDS
Summon Mana Construct

< Message edited by Khimera -- 5/20/2013 16:23:14 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest/WarpForce >> (AQ) [Quest] The Mana Construct (A Miss Fixit Quest)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition