Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Book of Darkness Discussion thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of Darkness Discussion thread
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/4/2010 18:07:25   
superjars

Hey all you Legends and Lore people!

Unprecedented in Book Project history, we have a two books in back to back months. Last month we kicked it off with the Book of Sci-Fi, and from what I've read of the submissions, they are full of far-flung galaxies, interesting ideas and strange dilemmas.

Now for October, we go into the depths of darkness and evil, full of witches and goblins, villains and creeps and everything that goes bump in the night. In honor of the fact that Halloween kicks off the end of this month, we have an entire book dedicated to all of these things and more.

So reach deep inside the darkness deep within and spew forth a wonderful poem or story filled with vitriol and black.

I look forward to seeing what creations you all come up with! Bwahahahahahaha! *cue mad scientist laugh and bolt of lightning*

Guidelines and past Books
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/4/2010 20:38:59   
Reaper Sigma

Sending in my story...now.

It's short, as it's the prologue to a story I plan on writing when I have time. But the second story is on its way.
Post #: 2
10/4/2010 23:54:10   
Drakyloid
LoidTastic!

I've decided to try my hand at a bit of poetry. Sending the poem... now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/5/2010 2:41:14   
BadHulk

Will make one for this book ^-^ When I got time though >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
10/5/2010 16:24:55   
Fleur Du Mal

So far, I've had...around..uhm... 5 ideas for this book...oh dear, I'm not even sure anymore. =P I guess it's now up to deciding which one to work on, as I doubt I'll have time to do more than one. *evil purrrrr*
DF  Post #: 5
10/6/2010 10:49:45   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

While I totally failed in two separate attempts to write something for the last book, I guarantee hope that I can submit something for this one. I've decided to return to what I feel is my greatest strength, an atmosphere intensive single character study written from the third person objective. Now, if I could just decide on the plot...Well, I've already started it, so that's good.

Wish me luck! I'll need it.
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
10/7/2010 0:17:07   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Whoops. I just realized that I sent in my story before this topic was made...I was afraid that I would forget about the story with all the other stuff I've been writing, and sent it in early. Do I have to resubmit, or is it in there?
DF  Post #: 7
10/7/2010 13:05:25   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

The original idea I had for the book of darkness was tossed out the window as not being anywhere near good enough.

So as soon as I get a free spare minute, I shall start writing. One thing I do know is that I have a few halloween ideas in mind.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/9/2010 11:16:50   
Torn

I'm about halfway done with my story for Darkness, but I'm going to wait until the Book of Sci-Fi is done before I finish and send it in for you guys.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
10/9/2010 18:35:50   
Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Ha, I just sent Euky meh hilarious story of joy :D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
10/11/2010 23:11:11   
alexmacf

Is it OK for this book to deal indirectly with darkness? Like, I have to write a short story tackling domestic violence for English and I want to submit it here, too. ^_^
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
10/12/2010 0:08:18   
Red Blizzard
Lv. 100

Hehe, my relationship with darkness was a bit fuzzy...I just had my story take place on a dark, cloudy day.
DF  Post #: 12
10/12/2010 1:30:53   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

I have an idea, characters and plot (although in all fairness I must admit I borrowed the characters and plot from mythology, I'm such a mythology addict) but I'm not so sure I'm going to be well enough to write it in the time limit. Stupid long term medical condition. I'll do my best though. It's the AK's I feel sorry for, they're the ones who get a stack of stories in the final week from people like me.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
10/12/2010 1:47:15   
Shreder

We manage. :P
DF MQ  Post #: 14
10/14/2010 15:16:08   
Reaper Sigma

:/

A bit of a light color for the Book of Darkness, don't you think?

Not at all. Orange is one of the colors for Halloween and October. Not that hard to figure out. Besides, is it really necessary to make a whole post to complain about the color of the Table of contents?

Yes, I realize why you used Orange. I bet liam will be happy about that. Plus, just trying to make conversation. NNothing really going on in this thread. :/

< Message edited by Reaper0001 -- 10/15/2010 14:02:43 >
Post #: 15
10/16/2010 0:38:20   
BadHulk

Working on my poem/story. It kinda blends into one >.>

But thusfar I got 1 A4 written down. so make that 3/4th of an A4 XD.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
10/16/2010 2:13:23   
MonsterMike9000

By Odin's beard I WILL have something to contribute to one of these books one day.
AQ  Post #: 17
10/16/2010 4:27:40   
BadHulk

Then grab an pencil and start to write!

It's my 2nd book so yah >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
10/16/2010 23:29:44   
jellygrub

where do we submit our entries? also, when is the cut off limit?

DF  Post #: 19
10/17/2010 0:25:37   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The guidelines and links for information are in the first post. It will give you everything you need to know.

Deadlines are generally the last day of the month, 1am Server time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/17/2010 2:43:20   
alexmacf

I have started it. Given my schedule, it should be done at the end of this school week. Hopefully.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
10/17/2010 6:38:12   
dunsparce

heh heh heh. this should be simple for a follower of the shadow scythe such as my self. rated t for teen. gore sceens maybe.......
Post #: 22
10/17/2010 18:40:49   
The Doctor

I'm a sort of Apocalyptic poet, so this book is perfect for me.
Darkness is a broad topic.

Many ideas are inhabiting my mind right now.
I'll send in an entry once I have about five minutes of spare time.

Thank you,
~The Doctor
Epic  Post #: 23
10/18/2010 22:08:52   
MonsterMike9000

im guessing we need to submit the story to Vox and will do so.
AQ  Post #: 24
10/18/2010 22:21:17   
Shreder

You can submit your entries to Eukki or any of the L&L AKs.
DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of Darkness Discussion thread
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition