Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A question for L&Lers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: A question for L&Lers
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2010 12:56:55   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Quite obviously, some do not know me as well as I would like. >.>

If I am going to implement something like this, I would not just let people hang without feedback and help. I am a teacher, therefore, it would be in my nature to make sure help is provided, guidance given, etc.

Rest assured as soon as this begins after the new year, it won't be some horrible, wham-bam and done with exercise.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/28/2010 15:52:11   
Helixi

Thank you for clarifying that point, Eukara.

< Message edited by Helixi -- 1/4/2012 9:23:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 27
6/22/2011 0:16:45   
Sir Nicholas

Really I think, the best way to improve your works is to find the balance between making characters, and telling their story.

It starts with ideas - which begin with questions:

*What is the setting?
*Who are the characters of this setting?
*What are they like?
*How do they interact with each other?
*What are the problems they face, and how do they overcome them? (Or not)

Most importantly - I think, what kind of message are you trying to convey by writing a story? Mine are designed to try to inspire people with tales of struggle, overcoming, confidence, friendships, optimism and courage, all of which are absolutely essential to human growth and progress.

In a way, I am like a teacher - I try to make the reader feel that if a character can overcome their problems with just a little "push" in the right direction, they might as well.
AQ  Post #: 28
6/30/2011 22:15:21   
Eric Greydawn
Kensai

@Eureka Vox; I don't know if you read Writers Digest, but you might look at back issues of that magazine. I don't know if they still do, but they used to include a monthly writing exercise, that might be interesting to look at as a guideline to creating writing exercises.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 29
6/30/2011 23:03:26   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I actually remember them doing that.

I have an exercise... have had one for a while that I've already used with my tutoring student. But getting from point A to B seems to have eluded me. I will get that ready and post it Monday. It's a fairly simple exercise but one that relates to writing dialogue. If I play my cards right, I may be able to get it posted tonight.

But, yeah, Superjars and I talked about this recently.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
7/1/2011 0:04:52   
Eric Greydawn
Kensai

I have a couple of exercises I could suggest too, if you want to know about what I had in mind, feel free to PM me. I worked up a few for a workshop I was supposed to give at the Abeline Writers Guild. A lot of what I work with is character development.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: A question for L&Lers
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition