Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=PG= Strategy/Advice Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Portal Games >> =PG= Strategy/Advice Thread
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/15/2010 11:52:37   
Zizzy
BAZINGA!

Is there a monster you cannot defeat? Is there anything you're considering getting that you're not sure you want to spend your gold on? Then this is the thread for you!

Here you can ask about tactics and strategies that will help you defeat a monster, or you could share your strategy with others. When asking for help it'll be useful to mention the equipment you're using, what your level is, and what you're currently doing in the battle when you try to beat the monster. When you're sharing your strategy with others, you should have some key information such as recommended equipment, an estimate on the level required, and what to do with your equipment in the battle. Keep in mind that everyone doesn't have access to all the equipment due to Battleon Points, so try to include equipment that everyone can use if possible.

When asking for advice on what to buy, some useful information in that post will be your level, how much gold you have, and what equipment you're currently using.

Let's try to keep this organized, so if you respond to a request it'll be useful to say who you're responding to, otherwise things might get cluttered. As always, remember to follow the =AE= Portal Games Forum Rules when posting in this thread.
Post #: 1
10/15/2010 14:24:20   
Kian
Creative!

1) When any foe dodges your attack at BladeHaven, immediately press and hold <SPACEBAR> to shield. 100% sure you will get hit if you don't.
2) After you make a succesful attack, give the Spacebar button a light touch. Sometimes you can get shield-bashed by some foes, so this can be quite handy after you attacked the enemy.
3) Make sure to bring the max amount of potions when fighting the dragon stages! This can be very handy, because the last fight is extremely hard!
4) If you want to make a succesful magic attack go smoother, send your gnome to the foe and put your shield on. This way your gnome is ''distracting'' your enemy and you have a temporary defence set, making it unable for them to attack ànd to make it easier for you to cast your spell. :)
5) If you cannot complete a battle, try training on earlier enemies until you level up. When you reached the level you desire get yourselves a weapon for the level you got and try fighting that hard enemy again!
6) As soon I have more, I'll let you know. ^.~
I hope this helped you, in any way! :)

~S

< Message edited by ShapeShiftToGrandma -- 10/15/2010 14:44:54 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
10/15/2010 14:30:19   
Nebula

Hmmm. When fighting the dragon ( especially the 3rd and 4th times ) use your shield at all times, and cast the Lightning Strike spell whenever possible. If you have one of the level 10 weapons, you can do around 56 damage, which can take it down in 6 or 7 hits, which will help you alot since the dragon usually hits around 40 damage per attack.

Just a strategy for taking down that pesky dragon.
It'll also help you get the Mage and Archmage achievements with alot of spellcasting. ;)
Post #: 3
10/15/2010 14:42:18   
Mechajin
Constructively Friendly!

one of the best spells for fighting the dragon is using the spell Poison strike, if you have the axe equipped it can take off a quater of the dragon's HP, But i'm not sure how much damage higher level weapons will do.
DF  Post #: 4
10/15/2010 14:58:33   
Cookielord12

lolz i used poison strike and i died but i waited until the poison strike killed the dragon and i completed it :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/15/2010 16:09:43   
coolboypai

couple of tips:
start using the spell at the immediate start of battle (unless you have a healing spell) enemies will usually take enough time to load/prepare for you to cast a spell at them.
when your opponents dodge, they usually follow up with an attack, and use your shield sparingly!
if you have a gnome, use it when your magic is almost finished regenerating. this way you can use it while your opponent is recoiling!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/15/2010 19:47:11   
Jonzee Boy

I've found that at level 8-10, the dragon stages are the best gold and exp farming, for the lower levels, I stuck with the double undead for gold and exp.
When fighting the dragons, use your best gnome straight away pull your shield up and start casting your spell, this will take down one quarter - half of it's health, after that just hide behind your shield, attack when you see it stopping movement, rapid attacks can extend the period of no attacks, in which your shield can regenerate, cast your spell whenever possible.
DF  Post #: 7
10/15/2010 23:17:02   
Age100

Any tip's for non paying people for the dragon?
AQ DF  Post #: 8
10/15/2010 23:41:53   
Jonzee Boy

Yes I do.
I would have the shield spell equipped and just slash away and keep your shield mana up via the shield spell.
Other then that maybe try using poison strike and just keep your shield up and time your slashes right. <<<<, I did the all the dragon fights with just that method and normal shield and highest squire weapon and didn't die, so either of the two methods work.
It's even possible to beat the dragon with level one weapon and shield using the shield spell method shown here by Xyo
Also try some of the offers for free battleon points there's a couple where you just have to watch a video and you get almost 200 points for em.

I've noticed that people complain about playing on a laptop. I completed the whole storyline on my laptop with ease, I find it easier actually. Thumb on mouse index on v/shield and other hand free for spells and what not.

< Message edited by Jonzee Boy -- 10/16/2010 0:08:24 >
DF  Post #: 9
10/16/2010 14:02:56   
PlungerMistress

I'm level 9 and I can't defeat the 3rd dragon fight. I have squire's sword, witch's claw, noble sword, viper's fang, cleaver of meats, mace, night mace, light mace, smite, poison strike, gnome pandamick, gnome gun maiden, and royal guard's shield. Any advice? y_y

oh, and I always get killed at the last minute!

< Message edited by PlungerMistress -- 10/16/2010 14:09:54 >
Post #: 10
10/16/2010 19:12:57   
Jonzee Boy

@above
This is a very strong strategy to use:
Straight away send in the maiden gunner gnome put your shield up and cast poison strike/ or the fire strike one, that should get him to near half health. Then just watch his breathing patterns and movement to time your attacks right and cast poison strike/fire strike whenever possible it does EXCELLENT damage and can be the difference between winning and losing a battle. If you still have trouble try grinding to level ten and get the best weapon and shield. Other then that you could try the shield spell method in the post above yours. I think that's about it so good luck :)

< Message edited by Jonzee Boy -- 10/16/2010 21:20:06 >
DF  Post #: 11
10/16/2010 23:27:09   
Xendran

Invincibility Trick:
Hold your shield up constantly while taking single (occasionally double) shots while its down. When your shield starts getting low, use the shield spell to bring it back to full.

OHKO Trick:
Get the scythe, as it has the highest maximum damage in the game. Use a gnome at the same time as fire strike, and you will be capable of starting the battle off with a whopping 320+ damage within 10 seconds. This will kill ANYTHING in the game in one shot except the dragon and possibly the last area boss

Best F2P Spells:
Damage - Poison
Defence - Shield

Best P2P Spells:
Damage - Fire Strike
Defence - Shield

Best F2P Combination:
Poison Strike + Axe

Best F2P Combination:
Doom Scythe + Fire Strike + Any Gnome
Without Magic: Doom Blade + Any Gnome
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
10/17/2010 3:46:22   
sparkydog

<Level 10!

Ok study your opponet after they attack you attack then use shield would be the best tip
best free spell is poison
hardest boss over all is probly the barbarian
DF  Post #: 13
10/19/2010 3:03:44   
Zakristone

Any tips on beating the second boss? The one in the forest.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
10/19/2010 13:39:43   
Manga Maniac

If you're willing to take it really slowly and want to not risk dying, get the shield spell and then just slowly attack your monster while protecting yourself and making sure your shield doesn't run out. Try not to lag, as usual.
Post #: 15
10/19/2010 21:06:35   
DragoonX

This game is way too easy. Even for free-play. The ability to just sheild yourself , and then attack makes the game really easy. I beat it in around an hour without paying a cent. you just have to do some testing, and find what they do before each thing happens. Simple ones are these:

1.Everytime a enemy dodges you, it's going to attack you.

2.If you Swing too fast after your first strike, i'd put up your sheild.

3.You can always attack a enemy again, unless they dodge you. You just have to find out when you can.

4.If your a free-player, my strategy was to use to put my shield up, bring my skill book out, and cast the Poison spell, while having the sheild spell equipped, then attack when i could. then when my sheild got low, i would hold my sheild up and cast the spell that regenerates your stamina.

5.You can beat the dragon pretty easily, at any level, you just need the sheild spell to be successful, and to be careful of what it is doing before and after you attack.

6.It just takes a little time, to get use to every thing.

Rawrz. Mah Character for AQW: Dragoon
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Dragoon
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/22/2010 12:18:02   
PlayWorks

Here's the simplest one:

Lower Quality
Cut music

If you want the spell line to move more smoothly when casting a spell. It's a life saver if there's too many things going on in a single screen.
DF  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Portal Games >> =PG= Strategy/Advice Thread
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition