FACTIONS ARE HERE!
What are Factions?
Factions are player groups (Similar to guilds and clans in other popular MMOs). Factions will allow teams of players to compete in a conflict greater than themselves. New leaderboards and charts will be introduced displaying each faction's rank and impact within the world of Delta V.
Creating a Faction
Factions may only be created by Elite players, but ALL PLAYERS can be recruited to join and participate in the faction wars.
1. Create a faction name
2. Select a faction alignment (Legion or Exile)
3. Create a custom faction emblem
4. Costs 1000 credits to create
Players within each faction can be assigned one of three possible ranks, Founder, Officer, and Member.
1. The creator of the faction
2. Founders select the faction name, it's alignment, and it's emblem
3. Only Elite players can hold this position
4. Have the ability to recruit, boot, or promote ANY player within the faction
5. Can create custom position titles within the faction
6. Must disband the faction in order to leave
7. Can contribute to the overall faction influence and win record
1. Middle rank position within the faction
2. Only Elite players can hold this position
3. Have the ability to recruit and boot Members
4. Can leave the faction at any time
5. Can contribute to the overall faction influence and win record
1. Lowest rank position within the faction
2. All players can hold this position
3. Can leave the faction at any time
4. Can contribute to the overall faction influence and win record
Factions will be restricted to a maximum of 18 players. Each faction may have only 1 Founder and a maximum of 6 Officers.
All players within a faction will earn 10 influence points for their faction when they win any battle. Elite players will earn an additional 5 influence for each victory. Influence will be a number that represents your faction's power and impact within the world of Delta V.
As your faction earns more influence it will rise in the ranks of all the factions on Delta V. Some exciting new charts will visually represent each faction's influence within the world.
Daily Influence Tax
To encourage players to create efficient and active factions, a daily tax will be applied that reduces each faction's influence. The tax will force factions to remain active if they intend to remain on top.
Daily Influence Tax 1 - Faction Rank
This tax reduces a faction's influence number each day depending upon the current rank of the faction. The higher the rank, the bigger the reduction. This ensures that it is easier to rise in rank, but much more difficult to maintain at the top:
1st. 20% reduction
2nd. 16% reduction
3rd. 13% reduction
4th. 11% reduction
5th. 9% reduction
6th. 7% reduction
7th. 6% reduction
8th. 5% reduction
Others No reduction
Faction Battle Records
Each faction will begin with a clean battle record (0 victories). The victories of each player within the same faction will be recorded to the shared battle record. The faction battle record will NOT count the victories players already have when they join the faction; this ensures that all factions will begin on an even playing field. Additionally, if a player leaves one faction to join another, the faction's battle victories will remain with the original faction.
Future Faction Plans
1. Private faction headquarters where faction members can meet to easily discuss ideas and plans
2. Ability to change faction information after creation
3. In-game influence benefits
4. Faction achievements
5. Daily faction leaderboards
EpicDuel Version 1.0.4 will also include:
* New map locations
* More NPCs
* Buddy Locator
* Improved reporting feature
* Redistributed items
* Inventory limit - 20 for non-Elite, 50 for Elite
* Minor bug fixes
< Message edited by Omni -- 10/30/2010 1:40:15 >