Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF)- The Orgin

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)- The Orgin
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/1/2010 23:50:48   
Imaru

Chapter One: The Beginning

The sea sparkled like a thousand rubies and garnets as the sun began to set. Each wave looked like a flame dancing, reaching up towards the heavens. The air was cool and a faint breeze wafted up, bringing the scent of the ocean into the fishing town of Lalu Pooka. Located directly across the sea from Osprey Cove, it was a small, yet important, fishing community. The mayor, a gruff yet kindly man, was a renowned and feared pirate who had settled down and decided that fishing was his lifestyle now. He had been known as Whitebeard the Pirate, but to the villagers, he was known as Mayor White. It was on this cool July evening that the villagers prepared a feast. It wasn’t often that children were born in the village and they all anticipated the arrival of a healthy child.
The pain filled screams of the mother could be heard outside of the birthing hut, causing many people to worry. She had been in labor for 17 hours, and the outcome for the mother and child began to look grim. Suddenly, the mother’s screams ceased and shouts from the Birthing Matron and the other nurses could be heard. Then there was silence. After what seemed like an eternity, the Birthing Matron walked from the tent, mixed emotions showing on her face. When she spoke, her voice sounded joyful, yet there was sorrow in her eyes.

“It’s a boy!” she cried out, and several people cheered. “However, the mother did not make it. Her final deed before she died was to name her son.” She finished, the words echoing through the town.
“What be his name?” cried a fisherman.
The Birthing Matron’s response was once again one of joy. “His name is Imaru!” she said, and the town cheered!

Imaru was alone. Children whose mothers died during the birthing were usually raised by the Birthing Matron until the age of ten. After that they were put to work on a fishing boat, or were given a different job that needed to be done and was easy for a child to do. However, Imaru was a troublesome child. He caused many problems and constantly had issues, no matter what he was tasked with. He considered everything a game, and the town began to resent him.

“Mayor White, he needs to go!” said Rael, a local fisherman who had tried to work with Imaru. “All he does is cause problems! Just last week he tampered with my netting. I was unable to catch a single fish!” he exclaimed.
“And he’s always picking fights with the other children!” Desarii, the local teacher, chimed in. “He’s always arguing with the other students, he is never doing work, and he’s hardly ever there!”
Before anyone else in the group could add to the complaints, Mayor White began to speak. “I understand that many of you are disgruntled by Imaru’s actions, and his constant lack of self-control. I will speak to an associate of mine from Osprey Cove who is visiting tomorrow. It is first mate Rhubarb, a friend of mine from way back when. I will see if he can take the boy under his wing,” he stated and walked back into the office.
As he sat down, a look of sadness was apparent on his face. Imaru reminded him of himself as a child, so he knew the boy’s potential. Rhubarb was his only hope. Meanwhile, near the river that fed into the sea, Imaru was getting into yet another fight.

“Can’t you hit harder than that?” Imaru asked as he spat blood. His black hair was covering his face, and he brushed it from his blue eyes, glaring at a group of three boys. They were much larger than he was, and were all about 13 years old. They always bullied him and would constantly taunt him about his mother’s death, calling him a murderer.
“You don’t know when to give up, do you?” asked the largest, and the leader of the bullies, Zander.

“And you don’t know how to smell good!” retorted Imaru before he was punched again. As he tried to get up, he was kicked in the side by Eulicid, one of the large brute’s lackeys, and then kicked again by Tarnith, the other lackey. Slowly he got to his feet and laughed, startling the boys.
“What is so funny?” asked Zander. “You’re getting beat!”
“I just wanted to know how hard you three could hit,” Imaru began, “before I decided if you were worth fighting.” Suddenly he threw a kick, and as it collided with Zander’s face, he spun around, facing Tarnith. Jumping up he placed his hands on Tarnith’s shoulders and head butted him, leaving him unconscious. Turning towards the now pale Eulicid, he laughed. At the sound of the laugh Eulicid took off, screaming.
“HE’S INSANE! HE’S FRIGGEN INSANE!” Eulicid screamed, as he head towards the town.

As he headed into town Imaru slid in and out of crowds of people, pick pocketing them and rummaging through their wallets. As he neared the pier, he saw a large, gray haired man wearing a brown coat, with a patch over his eye.
Imaru snickered. A new face meant a new place to gain some money. As he slid past the man he snatched his wallet and continued on his way without drawing attention to himself. But things didn’t go as he had planned.
“Pardon me lad, but I be thinkin’ ye got something o’ mine.” He said as he stared at Imaru.
“Only if you can take it back from me!” he retorted as he took off running. The man laughed and pulled out a pistol, causing the nearby villagers to cry out and move aside. As he took aim and pulled the trigger, something in Imaru’s mind told him the velocity of the bullet, the trajectory, the amount of force it would be traveling, and the direct-speed of the wind. It told him to veer to the left. As he did so the bullet flew past him, missing his head by an inch.
“Get back here ye rat tailed Zard!” the man cried as he chased after Imaru.
“Why, so you can shoot me?” Imaru cried back as he dived through a fence and headed towards the Mayor’s Building. As he drew near, he saw the mayor and began to shout, “Mayor White! There’s a crazy man chasing me with a gun! He tried to shoot me!”
Mayor White chuckled, “Hello there Rhubarb, I see you’ve met the lad I was talking to you about!”
“Aye, I’ve met the lad,” he replied as he snatched his wallet from Imaru's hands. “And I don’t like him."

Curiously, Imaru looked at Mayor White and the man known as Rhubarb. He wanted to know what the mayor meant when he said he had talked about him. He sat there, listening to the two men as they began to talk.
“Tell me, White, why do you want me to take this lad anyway?” Rhubarb asked. “If he be half the trouble you say he is, he’ll be a pain in me side more often than not.”
“Simple, he is like me when I was at that age. And he needs the freedom and discipline the open sea can provide. He has the potential to do great things, just lacks the… initiative.” The Mayor replied with a sigh.
Suddenly Imaru chimed in, “I don’t want to go with him, Mayor White. HE TRIED TO SHOOT ME!”

This caused the mayor to laugh. “Believe me, Imaru, if Rhubarb tried to shoot you, you would be dead. He is the most accurate shot aboard the Red Betty.”The mayor then noticed the stern look on Rhubarb’s face. “You mean to tell me you missed? HOW?”
“Ask the boy, he was the one who dodged,” Rhubarb replied.

The Mayor and Rhubarb looked at Imaru, waiting for him to speak. Slowly, Imaru recounted what had happened.
“I was running, and then I heard a lot of numbers in my head, telling me how fast the bullet was going, its angle, its momentum, the wind speed and direction… then the voice said to dodge to the left, and I did.” Imaru finished. As he looked at the men’s shocked faces he asked, “Is that normal?”
Suddenly the mayor jumped up and pulled an old dusty book from his bookshelf. He flipped through the pages and looked at it sternly before muttering, “Impossible...”
“What is it, White?” Rhubarb asked.
“One hundred years ago," the mayor began, “the Ninja wrote a powerful scroll that would give them the very abilities Imaru just described.” He paused before he continued. “It says that a Pirate known as Karnith managed to steal the scroll, and while being pursued, he read it, gaining the abilities it held, then he destroyed it. He did so for the sole purpose of keeping the Ninja from ever having the upper hand.” He finished and looked at Rhubarb.
“So that lad there be the descendant of a pirate? Alright White, I’ll take’m.” he said, looking at Imaru.

Rhubarb had told him to pack lightly, and take only things that meant a lot to him, which was to say, nothing. Slowly, Imaru started to head for the docks. He was leaving his home. Sure, he didn’t fit in, but he didn’t want to leave. As he reached the fence that stood around Mayor White's home, he paused.
“You need to leave, Imaru. It's for the best,” The mayor said as he approached Imaru from behind.
“It's not fair. Why do I have to leave?” Imaru asked, tears forming in his eyes.
“Because,” the mayor began as he leaned against the fence. “You are destined for far greater things. You have a gift, Imaru, and if you can learn to use it, who knows? You might one day just save all of Lore.” The mayor smiled, "After all, your mother thought so."

This caught Imaru off guard. “M-my mother?” he asked, his attention on the mayor.

“Yes your mother. After your father left,” The mayor paused, his eyes growing distant for a moment before continuing. “your mother was distraught. When she learned that she was with child though, she was ecstatic. She always went on about how her baby would one day grow up to save Lore.” the mayor laughed again. “She always said she knew you would be special. So she asked me to give you this.”

Slowly, the mayor pulled a small amulet from his pocket, sitting on a chain. “It belonged to your mother, and her mother before her. Before she passed away, she handed me this, and asked me to give it to you when you needed it the most… and right now, I believe you need it.” He handed Imaru the amulet as he finished.

Slowly he turned it over in his hands, inspecting the red stone in the center, and the golden dragon that held it in place. Without hesitation he put it over his head, and let it hang around his neck. The mayor smiled.
“Now run along, Rhubarb will be waiting for you.” Imaru took off, stopped and ran back.

“Thank you,” Imaru whispered as he hugged Mayor White, before sprinting off to the docks.

The mayor stood there smiling, even after Imaru was gone. Slowly, a woman adorned in elegant white robes with gold trimming approached.

“Good evening, Lady Celestia. Could I invite you in for some tea?” The mayor asked.

It had been six long years since Imaru left his home town of Lalu Pooka. He had left with Rhubarb, and lived aboard the Red Betty. Rhubarb helped him learn how to use the abilities he had gained from his ancestor, as well as how to live on the sea. He taught him patience and discipline, though Imaru was always quick to jump into a fight. It didn’t take Imaru long to become one of the most feared shots on the sea; thanks to the guidance Rhubarb gave him. As he sailed towards Lalu Pooka, in a small vessel of his own, many thoughts filled his mind. He wanted to see Mayor White, and he wanted to show the town just how much he had changed.

As he grew closer to shore he noticed that the docks were missing, the ships were gone, and the village had been burned. Once he reached the shore, he jumped up and began calling out the names of everyone he knew, only to hear his own cries echoing back at him. He felt his strength leaving him, and he collapsed to his knees and began to cry. Suddenly he noticed something glimmer as the sun hit it. He stood slowly, wiping the tears from his eyes, and moved towards the object.

The object was a mid-sized, worn down shield with a strange symbol on it. It looked like a horned dragon, but was pitch black and menacing. He put the shield in his pack and started walking towards the nearby town of Majixs, named so because the founder was a mage, to see if someone there knew more about the symbol.

He spent a short time in Majixs. There he was told that someone in the town of Moonridge, where they constantly fought undead, might know more about the symbol. The inn keeper gave Imaru his horse and wished him luck. It was 3 days travel by horse, and once he arrived in Moonridge, he was directed to go to Oaklore Keep to speak to the Captain of the Knights, Rolith. He would know more about the symbol than anyone. Imaru decided to leave the horse and hike, as he preferred to be alone and didn’t even want the horse for company.

From Moonridge it was another 6 days hike. As he approached the location marked on his map, a large creature with fur and horns appeared out of nowhere. After running for a little while, Imaru soon found himself lost. He began to wander, looking for the path, and wound up at a cliff.
“Damn it all to the bottom of the sea!” Imaru exclaimed. “I’m lost… and now I’m talking to myself… either I’m going insane, or I’m just really, really bored…” His sentence trailed off as a giant red dragon rose up from the edge of the cliff and looked at him in the eyes.
Imaru drew his blade, refusing to back down from another fight. I’m trying to find the people that destroyed my home… I cannot run anymore. he thought to himself. Fear told him to run, but his pride wouldn’t let him.

Chapter Two: Looking for answers…
Suddenly, a creature no higher than three hands appeared on the dragon's head. It had deep red fur, and two overly large ears, like that of a rabbit. In one hand was a staff, made up of what appeared to be a simple twig. It smiled at Imaru and called out a greeting as the dragon just glared. The dragon wanted to eat him, but had been ordered not to. “It’s all clear pwiestess!” the small creature called out while looking over his back. Slowly and gracefully a young woman, appearing no older than 22, arose from the back of the dragon. She was adorned in an elegant white robe with a beautiful gold trim. In her hands was a box that was just as beautiful as it was intimidating. As he looked at the box, Imaru slowly lowered his weapon, keeping it at the ready just in case.
His heart called out for the box, but all he could do was stare. It was as if something powerful, something ancient, called to him from within the box. Almost as if he was made for it. The Priestess walked past Imaru without a second glance, said hello, and was lead away by the short, red, creature. The great, red dragon rose up, its eyes piercing Imaru like daggers. Imaru would raise his weapon, refusing to let him-self be intimidated, refusing to back down from another fight. The dragon growled at him, almost as if it was speaking. There was a flash, and the amulet the mayor gave him before leaving his home all those years ago glowed brightly. Slowly he pulled it from his pocket.

The dragon growled again, this time however, Imaru heard actual words. “Stupid adventurer, only going to cause me problems later… but I promised her I would not eat you….” It laughed, a wicked smile appearing on its already evil looking face. “Looks like I’ll be seeing you in another 3 years.” The dragon then spread its wings and rapidly propelled itself into the air, leaving without a second look. Slowly and cautiously he turned, looking into the woods. The priestess had gone that way, he thought to himself. She might know more about the emblem on this damned shield. She could tell me who destroyed my town, and why!

It didn’t take Imaru long to find the path the robed woman and the small rabbit like creature took. He followed swiftly behind them, trying to close the gap that bad been caused in his pause. As he crashed through the brush into a clearing he could audibly hear the priestess’s voice.
“Who would put a carpet in the middle of the woods?” she would ask with a small trace of humor and curiosity evident in her voice.
“NO,” the rabbit like creature cried out, “That’s not a carpet, it’s a gorillaphant!” He finished as the Gorilaphant roared, slamming its massive fist into the rabbit creature and sending him flying. Imaru drew his sword from his scabbard as the rabbit like creature landed at his feet. “You again! Pwease, help the Pwiestess, she can’t fight that monster and protect the box!”

Imaru nodded and then proceed to charge through the brush, entering the clearing with the priestess. As the massive fist of the monster bore down upon her, Imaru swiftly stepped between them, blocking the blow with his sword as his free hand drew the pistol from its holster. The Gorillaphant roared again, only to be silenced as gun fired, and the shot echoed through the forest. Imaru slowly slipped the pistol back into its holster while he wiped the blood off of his cutlass.
“Thank you…” The priestess paused, expecting him to give his name.

“It's Imaru.” He bowed slightly. “And what can I call you?” he asked.
“Oh, forgive me, where are my manners? My name is Celestia, and this," she gestured towards the rabbit creature, “is Twilly. He’s a moglin, and friendly by nature.” She finished as Twilly waved.
“Lady Celestia, I do have a question,” Imaru began as he pulled out the shield from his pack. “I was wondering if you, by chance, knew what this symbol meant.” He finished, showing her the shield. As she looked at it her eyes became distant. She replied slowly, almost as if she had to choose her words as to not give too much information away.

“No, sadly I don’t. However, Rolith at the Oaklore keep might know. Oh, and when you arrive, please let him know that Twilly and I are taking the shortcut through the forest.” She smiled as the two of them set off into the woods. Imaru sighed. He was no closer to finding out who attacked his home, but he now had a possible source. All he had to do was find the keep. He set off, continuing down the path he was on looking for answers to the questions that plagued his mind.

He could see the keep from about a mile out. It was built into a massive tree, obviously the oldest in the forest, which towered hundreds of feet into the air. The walls of the keep, made up of simple stone, had vines and roots entwining through it; evidence that it had been there nearly as long as the tree it was built around. Other segments of the Keep were actually built protruding from the massive trunk. The sight took Imaru’s breath away as he neared. As he approached the gate, a guard stopped him.

“Halt! This is Oaklore Keep, home to the Knights of the Pactagonal Table. What business do you have here?” He asked, his hand resting upon the hilt of his sword.
“I come looking for information, and I also have a message for a Knight named Rolith. It’s from Lady Celestia,” Imaru replied easily.
“A message from the good lady? Quick, come in! Rolith is in the central courtyard, you can’t miss him.” The guard gestured for Imaru to enter the gate.

As Imaru entered his breath was, once again, taken away. Inside the walls were just as beautiful as outside. He took in the sights, a weapon shop to his right, and a library to the left. He wanted to explore the whole Keep. This time, however, was not the time for exploring. He had a message to give, and answers to find. He saw Rolith and instantly knew it was him. He was wearing extravagant guard’s armor, draconic wings jutting out from large shoulder pauldrons. He was leaning against a massive silver hammer with gold trim that appeared too heavy for anyone else to carry. He smiled when he spotted Imaru.

“Greetings! My name's Rolith, and you are?” he would ask flashing a smile.
“The names Imaru. I come looking for answers. I was told that someone here might know more information about this.” As he finished, he pulled out the shield, the symbol still visible on its smooth surface. Upon seeing the symbol, Rolith swung his hammer at Imaru.

“How dare you walk into my Keep, you Shadowscythe scum!” he yelled. Imaru lifted the shield, barely blocking the blow. Without hesitation, he spun around the knight, dropping the shield and drawing his pistol. Putting the pistol to Rolith’s head, he asked, “Shadowscythe? What in Neptune’s name be a Shadowscythe?”

Shock rolled across Rolith's face. “You mean you don’t know? You’re not a Shadowscythe? Then how did you get that shield?” he asked, fear, anger, and confusion flashing across his features.

Imaru lowered the pistol, keeping his eyes on the knight. “I was returning to my village, Lalu Pooka. When I arrived the village was destroyed. This was all that was left. I’m looking for answers. That be all.”

“The symbol, that is of the shadow scythe. An army led by Sepulchure. A fallen knight that now wears the Doom Knight armor. It’s corrupted him, and he has tried to take the crown from the king. He was defeated. But if what you say is true then we must prepare!” He explained, ending the conversation with Imaru and beginning to bark out orders.

“Sir Valence, go out and scout the area, Sir Prize, check the armory, make sure our equipment is ready. Sir Vivor, Sir Casem… Stay out of trouble.”

“Rolith, I also have a message for you. It’s from Lady Celestia,” Imaru started.

“A message? From Celestia?! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” He spun his full attention back on Imaru.

“Hard to relay a message when a hammer is swinging at me face,” Imaru retorted, an embarrassed look cutting across Rolith’s face. “She says she is taking the shortcut through the woods.” He relayed what Lady Celestia had told him.

“WHAT?! Imaru, go and find her! The woods are not safe! And if what you said about the Shadowscythe is true, then the lady is in extreme danger!” Before he finished, Imaru had already taken off. As Imaru faded into the wood line he called out, “Good luck, Imaru!” beneath his breath he uttered, “You're going to need it.”

Chapter Three: A New Rival.

Imaru rushed through the woods, branches cutting at his face. He needed to find Lady Celestia before the Shadowscythe did. As he ran, he heard a commotion off to his left, and he broke through the brush to find a man with black hair, rugged muscles, and a large sword resting on his shoulder.
“Give up the box Priestess, and we’ll kill you quickly," he said, his voice seeping with hatred.

It was at this point Lady Celestia noticed that Imaru had entered the clearing. “Imaru! We MUST protect the Black Dragon Box at all costs!” she cried out as the man and his bandits started to close in. Again, Imaru felt the box calling to him.

“Leave them to me, Lady Celestia.”He nodded, pulling his cutlass from its scabbard. “I don’t know who you are or why you want the box, but you’d better-”
“My name is DRAKATH! I am the leader of the Darkwolf bandits and the rightful ruler of this land. THAT box is the key to my throne, and there’s no way I’m letting a peasant," he spat the word, twisting it into an insult, "like you keep it from me,” Drakath interrupted, rage and hatred painted on his features, and dripping from his voice.

“Stand down or, like the trash you are, you will be blown away by the winds of my great destiny.” He laughed, taunting Imaru. By this time, he had had enough of this man's mouth. He quickly snapped his pistol from his hip, taking aim at Drakath.

“You talk big, but you don’t look so tough. I was just going to take the box and leave, but you just,” he cocked his pistol, “made it personal. Lets see what you’ve got.”

Drakath’s smart aleck smirk was replaced by fierceness. "Kill him." He would order, his men drawing the swords at their sides.

Imaru took a deep breath, and once again, like so many times on board the Red Betty, the numbers in his head flowed through him.And his gift, given to him from his ancestor, told him how the bullet from his pistol would fly. In the span of a heartbeat, he pulled the trigger, re-cocked the pistol, and fired again. The bandits standing to Drakath’s side had barely drawn their swords before the bullets hit them, dropping both to the ground.

“Now it’s a fair fight.”Imaru smiled, slipping the pistol back into his belt as Drakath leapt at him, sword raised high. As it swung down, Imaru blocked, swiping the sword to the right as he kicked outward. His boot, landing a blow to Drakath’s chest, sent him stumbling backward. Only this time, Imaru was on the offensive. He ducked below the wide swing of the broadsword, and hooked his sword to the back of Drakath’s boot, pulling it towards him as he rose, causing drakath to fall on his back. Imaru stepped forward, placing his cutlass to Drakath’s throat.

“I-impossible!” Drakath stuttered. “You got lucky this time, pirate!”
Silently, a small, green creature with large, pointed ears would move behind Imaru, snorting with glee as his eyes laid upon the box. “Ooooooh box!” Just as silently, he placed the box on top of his head, holding it with both hands, and vanished into the woods.

“Luck had nothing to do with it, and the name is Imaru. Remember it!”Imaru said, taking a step back and letting Drakath rise to one knee.

“Oh I will… you can count on that.” He quickly tossed a small capsule to the ground, releasing a smoke screen. By the time it cleared, he was gone. Under his breath, Imaru muttered, "An' that be why I hate ninjas...."

“Lady Celestia, I’m glad I got to you in time," he said as he turned to face her.
Lady Celestia, who had witnessed the whole fight and the sneevil, approached Imaru. “Thank you, I am grateful for the rescue. Alas, the box was taken by a sneevil while you where busy smack-talking."

“WHAT?!” Imaru shouted with surprise and distress. “Why didn’t you say something?”

“Well,” she would begin cheerfully, “you were really on a roll. I didn’t want to interrupt you.” Imaru stared at her in disbelief.“You must recover the Black Dragon Box before it falls into the wrong hands. Travel to Falconreach and meet Twilly there, he has friends who will be able to help you find that Sneevil."

Imaru sighed. “Alright, I will travel to Falconreach… but what about you priestess?” he asked.

“Well, if you are going after the box with Twilly, then…” She paused to think. “I am going to teleport back home and have some tea. Thank you. Bye!” As she finished, she vanished, leaving Imaru standing there, awestruck. Finally he would start to head back to Oaklore Keep to rest and gather supplies, his thoughts focusing on one thing: What could be so important about that box?

Chapter Four: Sir Jing Onwards...

It didn’t take Imaru long to find his way back to Oaklore Keep. As he approached the massive walls, the guards smiled and waved him inwards.

“Rolith has been anxiously awaiting news about your return Imaru. Go on in and talk to him right away.” The first guard said as Imaru grew close. All Imaru could do was sigh. Sure, he saved the priestess, but he let the box get stolen. If only he would have just shut up back there. As he passed through the gate, he noticed Rolith was talking to a man, with medium length blue hair. Rolith must have noticed him, because as soon as Imaru stated to head in that direction, the blue hair man turned. As Imaru grew near, he noticed that the mans eyes, almost as blue as his hair, seemed to be studying him. He also noticed that the man had pointed ears, obviously elven, although, his skin was much to pale.

“Greetings Imaru.” the man said, offering Imaru his hand, “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”
As Imaru took the mans hand in a firm grasp, he noticed a blue rune on his right palm. “The pleasure is mine-” he paused, hoping the man would give his name.
“The name is Faerdin Eilura.” the man replied smiling. “I was just talking with Rolith, and it seems like you two have much to discuss.” The man smiled again, as he looked past Imaru at the gate. “I must be moving along, my friend over there is very anxious to keep moving.” he finished, as he released Imaru’s hand and started to walk away. “Imaru, I hope to see you again in the future. Farewell.”

As Faerdin passed through the gate, another man would approach him. This man, also an elf, although harder too tell as he always is wearing a hood, spoke in a whisper. “You broke the rule, Faerdin. We were not supposed to make contact with him. Not yet.” he whispered sternly, the cat on his head meowing in agreement.
“Relax, Shaiyal. He doesn’t know who we are, nor why we are even here,” Faerdin paused taking a look back at Imaru, who was engrossed in a conversation with Rolith, “After all, he does look like his mother doesn’t he?”
Shaiyal sighed. “Its true, but we need to be on our way. Mritha is expecting us in Falconreach by sundown.”
“Then lets be on our way.” Faerdin said with a nod before heading down the road to Falconreach.

“Rolith, I found the priestess.” Imaru stated.
“That’s good, she was unharmed I assume?” Rolith asked, worry evident on his face.
“For the most part. She was being attacked by bandits when I arrived. Their leader, Drakath was there as well. I defeated them, but Drakath escaped.” Imaru finished, disappointment seeping from that last sentence.
“So where is she now?” Rolith asked, trying to get as much information as possible.
“She went home, teleported there. But not before she asked me to travel to Falconreach, and meet up with Twilly. He has friends who can help me recover the Black Dragon box. During my fight with Drakath it was stolen by a sneevil.” again, disappointment dripping from that last sentence.

“Impossible,” Rolith paused before continuing, “The bridge to Falconreach is currently closed. A hydra, the king hydra in fact, is attacking anyone who travels along the bridge. Sir Pent is currently guarding it to prevent further casualties.” He finished.

“Well. that’s not entirely true.” said an unknown voice from behind Imaru. As he turned, he saw another knight standing behind him. “What are you going on about this time Sir Vivor?” Rolith asked, as he leaned against his hammer.
“Well, me and Sir Casm found the ruins Captain.” Sir Vivor stated, anxious to spread the news.
“Not this again. You and Sir Casm need to forget about finding Sir Jing’s weapons. There a myth.” Rolith stated as he put his massive hammer on his shoulder. “Now I have important business to attend to. Good luck Imaru.” he waved as he walked away.

Imaru still was looking at Sir Vivor though. “How will these ruins help me defeat the hydra?”

“Oh, that’s because they hold Sir Jing’s weapons.” He stated before continuing. “Meet me and Sir Casm over by the Catapult. We’ll explain more over there.” he added as he took off towards the catapult.

“Slowly Imaru made his way over to the catapult. The sun shone brightly through the branches of the massive tree. As he walked, he thought. I’m still no closer to finding out who destroyed my home, or where the box is… hmmm… and I wonder who that Faerdin guy was any ways. He seemed to know me. Or at least… it seemed that way. Suddenly Imaru was pulled out of his thoughts. “Imaru! We’re over here!” Sir Vivor called out to him, arms waiving wildly. As Imaru grew near, Sir Casm spoke. “So this is the awesome guy you got to go after the amazing weapons?” He asked, sarcasm evident in his voice.
Sir Vivor rolled his eyes. “Don’t listen to him, he’s always that way.”

“So where do I find the weapons?” Imaru asked, slowly growing more impatient. This caused Sir Vivor to laugh. “Get in the catapult. We’ll send you there.” He stated, a smile plaster beneath his helm.

“Fine… how badly can this go?” Imaru asked out loud, more to him self then to the two knights. Imaru had barely climbed in the catapult before Sir Vivor yelled "Pull" and launched him through the air. “Wait… did we remember to give him his parachute?” Sir Vivor asked after Imaru was already gone.

Imaru was in the air before he knew it. Slowly he closed his eyes, instantly tapping into his gift. He was traveling at seventyfive miles per hour, at an angel of seventy degrees. You need to twist your body to the right, cork screw, otherwise, you’ll miss the tree and crash head first into the ground. Something that would be very, very, unpleasant. Imaru sighed. the voice he grew acoustumed to, the voice that saved his life so many times while at sea, was right. It would be unpleasant to land head first into the ground. He began to twist his upper body, causing it to cork screw. The momentum from the turning motion moved him to the right just enough for him to crash into the upper canopy of a large tree. Imaru paused for a minute. “I am so going to kill them when I get back to the Keep.” he muttered to himself before climbing down from the tree. Once he hit the ground Imaru knew he was in the right spot. Small clouds flew around, causing mini tornadoes in the dirt. The water bobbed around as if it was alive, and the little balls of pure energy zipped through the ruins. If Sir Jing’s weapons were anywhere, they were here.

Chapter Five: …Into The Storm.

Slowly Imaru crept around the edge of the ruins. He had already been attacked by two storm clouds, four puddles, and three energy wisps. As he reached the stairs, he noticed a faint glow, a barrier. Once he was at the barrier, he heard a voice, loud and thunderous.
“For those who brave the storm, my weapons shall adorn. Defeat the foes till none remain, then return here once again.” Imaru sighed. Turning he saw four more thunder clouds, three more puddles, and three more energy wisps.

Instantly he launched himself into battle, targeting each foe with relentless swings of his cutlass, and shots from his pistol. Once the battle was over, only Imaru remained standing. With a look of Triumph he moved towards the barrier once again. As he grew near, the barrier flashed, and fell away. The voice spoke once more. “The Storm has been abated, and disasters yet to face. Positros; Energy of the storm. Tempest; Wind of the Storm. Flood; water of the storm. Brave the disasters, survive, and my weapons are yours.”

As the voice finished, Imaru began to climb the stairs. Once at the top, he noticed 3 elementals. Energy, wind, and water elementals to be exact. The elementals noticed him and began moving towards him, prepared and ready to attack. Imaru dove between, Tempest and Flood. As he rose to his feet he swung his cutlass at Flood. It passed through, and he could almost hear the water elemental laughing. Positros came upon him then. As it struck Imaru, he was thrown across the ruins, slamming against a wall hard. Slowly he got to his feet, only to be nicked back down as Tempest hit him with a gust of wind that felt like a hammer blow.

Flood attacked as Imaru began to rise, knocking away his cutlass with a burst of water. Imaru started to scramble away, started to flee when the voice spoke in his mind again. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Your running away!? Stop it this instant, you can beat them. All you need to do is stay calm. Think! Imaru paused. He needed a way to fight back. His eyes surveyed the battle field, while his enemies grew closer, then he saw it. A metal pipe. He dove past Tempest, and swiped up the pipe. As he continued his movement, he slammed the metal pip into Flood, who laughed again. Only this time, Imaru laughed as well. He ducked just in time, as a bolt of energy flew past him, and struck the metal pole that was lodged into Flood.

“Thank you Positros.” Imaru laughed as he slid past the energy elemental and his hands pulled out his pistol. Look at there heads. Hit the red stone. Its what’s allowing them to keep there corporeal form. As he pulled the trigger he kicked off with his legs, flipping over the now fading tempest and landing crouched. As he stood, he had his sword in his hands. He turned looking at the last remaining enemy. Positros charged at him, and Imaru at Positros. As the two began to collide, Imaru slammed his cutlass down onto the red stone, and in a flash, Positros was gone.

Imaru collapsed with a sigh. The fight had taken a lot out of him. “Thank you,” he whispered. Its what I’m here for. After all, if you die, I die, and I rather like living. Imaru smiled. Long ago, he had learned that the Voice in his head was actually a yokai. It had been trapped in a scroll and the ninja had planned on using him to defeat the pirates. When Karnith, Imaru’s ancestor, had read the scroll, he did so in an attempt not to use, but save the yokai. It backfired, and the yokai and Karnith became one. Since that day, the yokai, calling himself Enaru, has been in the family.

Slowly Imaru rose to his feet. He walked over to the chest, and opened it. I can see how that would help you defeat the hydra. Enaru commented, as Imaru pulled out a cutlass made from pure energy. “So do I.” he chuckled as he set off towards the Keep. “Now I have two knights I need to kill.”

The trek back to the Keep was a long one, and it was almost dusk before Imaru made it to the gate. “Halt who goes- Imaru? Is that you?” The guard asked as Imaru grew near.
“Aye, its me. Sir Vivor launched me off of the catapult.” he replied.
“AHAHA! He got you with the whole, “Sir Jing’s weapons are real!” bit didn’t he?” the guard laughed. This caused Imaru to smile.
“Actually, I found the weapons. They are real, I only grabbed the sword though.” Imaru answered nonchalantly as he pulled the energy weapon from its hilt. As the guard saw it his eyes grew big. “Quickly, go inside, speak with Rolith, you may be able to fight the hydra with that!” Imaru passed through the gate, only to be jumped by Sir Vivor and Sir Casm.

“See, I told you he would be fine without a parachute!” Sir Vivor exclaimed.
“Ohhhh yeah, you really said that.” Sir Casm retorted.
Sir Vivor rolled his eyes again, “So, Imaru, did you find the weapons?” he asked, bouncing up and down.
Imaru unsheathed the sword, and as he did so, sparks flew.
“That’s an impressive weapon Imaru, “Rolith stated as he walked up to them. “rest here tonight, tomorrow go and meet with Sir Pent at the bridge. He will give you further details on the hydra.” As Rolith finished he looked at Sir Vivor and Sir Casm. “And what’s this about not needing a parachute?”

Imaru laughed as he walked away, while Rolith started assigning Sir Vivor and Sir Casm cleaning duties. Looks like you wont have to kill them after all, Rolith will do it by working them to death! Enaru chuckled inside Imaru’s head

< Message edited by Imaru -- 8/19/2012 11:31:53 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
9/29/2011 20:37:13   
Imaru

at this point i would link to you all what my character looks like

Also, Please go to the Following link to Discuss how terrible, horendous, or hopefully awesome it is! Thanks!

Click here to comment!

< Message edited by Imaru -- 8/13/2012 0:53:10 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF)- The Orgin
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition