Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mritha's Collection of Written...Stuff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mritha's Collection of Written...Stuff
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/15/2012 18:15:36   
Glais

Ohhh, so that's why xD Alright then, justified.

And I see, so Violet's not so powerful after all, guess that scene needs reworking then.

And yeah, Lance would've been really predictable, but Zeratie was more predictable in my opinion.

Brother-sister? He kissed her, which isn't something most siblings their age do.
DF MQ  Post #: 251
2/15/2012 18:26:31   
Mortarion

quote:

Mritha originally wrotte: @Mort, Slower than I thought when I put this story on hold... but now that I finally found a way around the corner I trapped myself in (months later v.v) I've been able to get back to writing this.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I can hardly wait, you are one of the best writters I have ever seen so I can't wait, and remember that you don't need to do everithing alone, you could ask another writter to help you solve the problem
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
2/15/2012 18:32:00   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

guess that scene needs reworking then

Yea, that and many others >_<

quote:

Brother-sister? He kissed her, which isn't something most siblings their age do.

True, though I have seen it done in books, movies, and the like. One person is wallowing in despair, their companion talks them through it and rekindles their hope, sealing it with an affectionate kiss. It can be romantic, sometimes it isn't. I've seen it done both ways. I was mainly angling for the non romantic side, though it isn't really an issue if it is seen otherwise.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 253
2/15/2012 18:36:43   
Glais

Gotcha. Guess it's just a matter of interpretation. Looked to me like it was the "signal" of their romance starting up or something.

Many others need reworking? It only looked like a few select parts to me, but then again I'm only MAYBE halfway through.
DF MQ  Post #: 254
2/15/2012 18:40:57   
Mortarion

SO Mritha, got any idea in how much time you'll be able to update your story?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
2/15/2012 18:47:37   
Mritha

I didn't end the first war in Falconreach very well, and completely blew through Oaklore, ignoring all but Rolith's key quests before moving on. I dunno, I guess to me it seems like there is so much wrong with it. I'm really looking forward to finishing the rewrite, I'm so excited at how my writing has improved compared to what it was. The L&L classes that Eukara is doing now are helping me quite a bit, as are college papers XD

@Mort, I'm not going to say a specific time, I cannot know. It may be in a few weeks, it may be in a few months.

< Message edited by Mritha -- 2/15/2012 18:49:13 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 256
2/15/2012 18:52:54   
Glais

I see, well lucky for me I'm not that far. And even if it does need to be fixed, you're still a good enough writer that I can learn and enjoy some badly needed reading material.

Also forgot to mention, one thing I like about this is it actually feels DF-ish. A lot of stories don't seem to quite capture it.
DF MQ  Post #: 257
2/15/2012 19:10:36   
Mritha

Let me know what you think of it please, you may catch something out of place that I missed before.

And as for your final comment... *hugs him!* That is what I have strived for! Thank you SO much :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 258
2/15/2012 19:15:34   
Glais

Honestly yours is actually the first I've read that does so :/ It might just be your writing style, but it's really easy to just make this seem DF. In fact, chapter 1's the only one that didn't fit in my opinion.

And will do, I tend to do a by-chapter critique pattern so a lot of things I say now may change down the line as X character might do something different, and so on and so forth.

EDIT:And read chapter 6 7, yeah that was kind of weird. With how you've stressed Violet being the opposite of experienced, they really shouldn't have lasted that long against Sepulchure. And Mark died. There goes "the team."

quote:

"I think there is a pirate town called Osprey Cove near Falconreach."

I'm sure you know, but it's nowhere near FalconReach.
quote:

"Then it's settled. The four of us versus the world!" Zeratie said with a laugh

Oh the irony.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/16/2012 10:36:24 >
DF MQ  Post #: 259
2/16/2012 13:00:36   
Mritha

Thanks for that, all help is greatly appreciated. I do NOT want to rewrite this thing again >_>

As for Osprey Cove, I didn't know that at the time. I also forgot about it this time. *makes a note*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 260
2/16/2012 17:36:48   
Verethragna
Friendly
Conversationalist

quote:

but now that I finally found a way around the corner I trapped myself in (months later v.v) I've been able to get back to writing this.

Wait.
You were having trouble and didn't bother asking me?
>.>
AQ DF  Post #: 261
2/16/2012 18:48:20   
Glais

Alright so finished part one. Overall very nice, it actually felt like DF. How she ends up at the...beginning of the game is certainly interesting. I expected her fall to be the end of that. Then you tricked me twice and it did end up being how she got to the cliff, just not immediately.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 2/17/2012 20:11:58 >
DF MQ  Post #: 262
2/17/2012 20:11:25   
Mritha

quote:

Wait.
You were having trouble and didn't bother asking me?
>.>

You had enough on your plate with the puppy and the Rift. I didn't want to add any more |:
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 263
2/20/2012 18:02:51   
Verethragna
Friendly
Conversationalist

Sadly, you're the only one who cares.
Belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve me. >.>
AQ DF  Post #: 264
2/23/2012 14:55:52   
Baron Dante

X: Out of curiosity, what kind of an story is a DF story? xD

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 265
2/23/2012 18:14:43   
Glais

Hm. Not sure. I guess one that just feels like DF? That's how this story works for me. It just fits so well while staying unique.
DF MQ  Post #: 266
2/24/2012 0:17:57   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

I think he means a story thats mostly funny, while being serious at the same time. Classic beginning DF. And I will agree, not many stories here are 'DF-y' many are very much darker, like Water Saga/Ravenloss the whole time.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 267
2/24/2012 0:21:11   
Glais

Well it's not just that, but even the serious moments "fit" DF. It just works. I don't know how to explain it but for example, when I read this my mind immediately substitutes DF images. When I read other L&Ls, that isn't always the first style to come to mind.

After some thought, I liked Legacy of a Hero so much I'll begin act 2 even before the revamp...

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 4/6/2012 3:39:41 >
DF MQ  Post #: 268
4/17/2012 16:23:25   
Mortarion

I am jsut here to point that there are still fans of your work that are waiting for your awesome stories
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 269
4/17/2012 16:30:09   
Mritha

Thanks, Mort :) I decided to take a quick break from the war and write a little now since I finally have the time to do so.

@glaisaurus, Act 2?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 270
4/17/2012 16:39:38   
Mortarion

Yay, and remember that we'll, or atleast me, keep waiting for your updates :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
4/17/2012 17:16:37   
Glais

quote:

@glaisaurus, Act 2?

Yeah. The part after she gets on the cliff. I only managed to read the first chapter of it though.

Eh, I await everyone's updates anyway, but this is one of my top favorite DF stories. Revamped it'll be amazing.
DF MQ  Post #: 272
4/18/2012 12:16:14   
Mritha

Thank you, and thats the plan. I recently learned the bane of my writing while writing a paper for English class. Thanks to my pet peeve of having very long and/or very short sentences, I am constantly making comma splices. Its like an endless circle, every time I come close to fixing one problem with my writing, I discover another. v.v

But technical issues aside, I plan on posting the edited Part 1 as soon as its done, work on a more detailed and longer version of Oaklore, then rewrite what is written of Part 2 and move on from there. I'm going to try to set aside some time each day to write at least a little. I honestly can't believe it has been over a year since I last posted anything, that depressing thought is nagging at me to finish this.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 273
4/19/2012 15:08:24   
Mortarion

Something that I remembered, you said you'd make a MQ history, so, I am afraid to ask, will you make it? And, are you still taking other forumite's characters?

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 4/19/2012 15:09:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 274
4/19/2012 15:54:48   
VanHellsin24
Banned

OMG I love your poem Death.....

I need that laminated and made into a poster...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: Mritha's Collection of Written...Stuff
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition