Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tales of Seiun

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Tales of Seiun
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/13/2010 16:18:15   
Nebula

The war had reached its climax. The two of them, standing face to face, glaring, their swords sheathed, ready to strike. One swift movement, and the final battle had begun.

Chapter 1: The past

Hirako Seiun, the youngest of the royal family of the Kingdom of Hikari. He was, without a doubt, the strongest, calmest, quickest and most intelligent of him and his older brothers; Riku, Leo and Kariya. On top of that, he was the son his father hated the most. Growing up, it was only his mother who cared for him. His brothers, jealous of how gifted he was, repeatedly challenged him to prove they were better than him and failed everytime, and everytime his father seemed to hate him more, which eventually led to him leaving there forever, or so he hoped.

The people of Hikari always fought with Katanas, as special powers were contained inside each person's katana, the power depended on the person itself. Riku possesed the power to create clones of himself, as many as he wanted, to trick his opponents into a direct attack. Leo's katana turned into a scythe when he activated his powers, allowing him to corrupt his opponents senses the moment he cut them, no matter how miniscule the cut was. Kariya's katana disappeared when he used his powers, it turned into pure magic, which he could use to defended, counter and strike his opponent down with powerful attacks. Hirako, however, has never revealed what his power is, not to anyone, his brothers often taunted him about how he never had any, but his power was greated than anyone elses.

It was during one of those times when his brothers were trying to defeat him in battle. They always fought him three on one, never alone.

"Are you ready to be defeated?" Asked Leo, smirking.
"We have the upper hand," Riku bragged, "you'll never beat us three on one this time"
"Really?" Hirako retorted, "You've challenged me, what? A thousand times, have you ever beaten me once?"

The brothers charged, Hirako easily pushed back their attacks. Leo swing his blade from behind, but he was easily overpowered, his sword knocked out of his hand and thrown back. Riku jumped up on the air and aimed for Hirako's head, but ended up the same as Leo.

"Are you ready?" said Kariya, "for my powers?"

Kariya's blade disappeared, and a beam of magic shot from his hands at Hirako, but his attack was easily blocked. Hirako then disappeared and reappeared right infont of Kariya, he then blasted Kariya with the same attack that had been used on him a moment ago.

"How... did you... do that?" gasped Kariya.
"My power." Replied Hirako
"What? But you've... I thought you-"
"I've always had a power, I've just never showed it to you. You see, my power is to trace any ability I've seen before and use it on my opponent, any at all, including yours."

Suddenly, twelve guards appeared infront of them. They all grabbed Hirako. His father then appeared before then.

"My oh my, attacking members of the royal family, I see?"
"So you've resorted to pretending I'm not your son," Hirako said calmly.
"I have no idea what you are talking about, now take him away," said his father, with a note of impatience in his voice.
"I see how it is... but fine... if I must."

He disappeared for a moment, and in a flash all the guards were knocked down. He then appeared on the castle walls.

"I'm leaving. I've had enough of this. You've wanted me gone for a long time, and so I shall comply"

His mother watched from a balcony high above, she was crying silently.

"Go," she whispered down to Hirako, "be happy... please."

In an instant, he was gone.

< Message edited by Nebula_ -- 11/14/2010 13:26:42 >
Post #: 1
11/14/2010 9:08:51   
Nebula

Chapter 2: A New Home

Guards had begun to chase him. While running through the city he continuously saw shocked or appauled faces. A prince being chased by the royal guards? They were all thinking the same thing; He has lost his honour, but being part of the royal family had never given Hirako any honour to begin with, only hope that one day he could escape. This is that day. He had reached the shores, and it seemed he had either outrun the guards or they had simply given up. Hirako used his brother's speed to run across the water, he was going to search for a place he could call his new home.

He had been searching for hours, he stopped on a small un-inhabited island somewhere far away from Hikari. He was thinking, there was a place he knew, he had been there as a child...

"Think," he said to himself, "think of that place..."

Soon after, he remembered. A small town on an island someone to the east of Hikari. Its name was... Celestia Island. His mother had taken him there once, immediately he found happiness, there was no constant hatred towards him, everyone there was friendly. He had made a friend there, too, her name was Tifa.

"Its nearing sundown," again, talking to himself, "I'll need to hurry."

He began another journey, running across the water, Celestia Island was a long distance from where he was, but there was nowhere else he would rather go. He kept on running, he wasn't going to take a break, no matter how tired he was. Continuously running, for hours on end. Until finally....

"I'm... here," he gasped.

Two years later, Hirako woke up in his house on the far east fo the island. His mother had bought a home there, hoping that both of them could return there again, but she never got the chance to take him there again... and eventually it was left forgotten. Someone started to tap on the door.

"Hirako... are you there?" said a pleasant, female voice.
"Tifa?"
"Who else would it be, stupid?"

Hirako walked up to the door and opened it. Tifa looked happy to see him but he noticed she was somewhat angry.

"Did you forget?"
"What?" said Hirako, slightly confused.
"You promised me you'd help me with the food delivery today!"
"Oh... right... sorry, I forgot."

Tifa swung her foot and kicked him in the stomach, he keeled over in pain.

"What was that for?" he gasped, struggling breath."
"You don't forget promises, especially not ones you made to me!"

She held out her hand to help him up, and together they walked away. Everyday he said this to himself, and everyday it became more true; he had found his new home.

< Message edited by Nebula_ -- 11/15/2010 3:04:53 >
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Tales of Seiun
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition