Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) A Present of Valor

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) A Present of Valor
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/24/2010 0:04:56   
Age100

Part One

It's Frostvale in the town of Falcon Reach! Many carols are shared, cheers partnered with mugs of eggnog, and presents are gave to friends or foes! One hero (Which name happens to be Age), has received presents from partners in battle, such as Rolith or Ash. He's gotten some from people he's saved, especially the people he doesn't want anything to do with. Even villains offer presents, though they often end up threats or traps. But from one important friend Age has yet to heard news from. Artix, the paladin of giving, has yet to appear in front of Age recently. Though one morning after the day of Frostvale, after the traditional battles and schemes, an adventure comes unexpectedly.

Age walked quietly through the town, trying to get through without disturbing somebody or being asked questions about the dragon constantly following him who burns children's feet randomly. As he passed the barbers shop, he heard a scream of a man from inside. His curiosity and heroic side came over him, and he spied inside the window.

"Oh no, oh no, OH NO!" said the clearly upset man. Patch attempted to comfort him, and pushed him down back into his chair. "Ya look fine lad, saying that being bald is bad is an insult to me, and you don't want to insult me, do ya?"

The man ignored Patch as he looked in the mirror. He wished he could cover his head with his brown farmers shirt, it was embarrassing that he had completely lost his hair! What would his wife say? And the taunting he would receive from his kids! He refused to go outside. He didn't care, he would wait until nightfall and sneak out. Oh, why did he take the bet...?

"Really, you should respect baldness, it takes a real man to present himself without hair in a society like this where appearances are judged so harshly, also with hair being such a common factor of beauty-,"
"Please, I understand you love being bald and think it's an absolute gift, but I actually have a life, a spouse who wants to have kids, three kids who keep getting into trouble at school because they keep releasing frogs, I have card games every Friday with friends, and therefore I go out into public very much, and I HAVE A LIFE, AND I CAN'T BE LOOKING LIKE A BALD PIRATE WITH EYEBROWS THAT DON'T MATCH REMOTELY!"

"......You really shouldn't be so rude, I was just trying to help, you don't have to insult me so harshly..."

Age chuckled. In fact, he was laughing so much that he butted his head into the glass, which resulted to the farmer looking at where the bang came from. The farmer screamed out fear of being mocked, and ran out there faster then Age could knock out a monster. As he ran past the water fountain, the farmer slipped on a patch of frozen water and was knocked out cold.

Patch walked out and looked at the sight. He sighed in disappointment. He turned to Age, and asked "What a Pansie. Ya understand, right Age? Remember the battle against Arkiloth? Ya lost your eyebrows, and ya looked more deformed then being bald," Age interrupted quickly, "Don't remind me. The kids were annoying enough, I don't need adults mocking me. Those were hard times in war...."

Patch put his attention to the man by the water fountain.

"I'm no doctor, but I think he's out for the count. I say I'll bring him back to shop before he freezes. I'll tie him up so he doesn't leave in a huff again. Aw heck, I'll just duck tape his mouth so he can shut up for a minute. I'll eventually let him go once he's calmed down. By the way, what is that revolting smell?!"

Age and Patch looked to the corner of Patch's shop. Diesel, Age's dragon, was standing next to the stone bottom of the shop, giving a relaxing grin. The smell was radiating from behind him, in the snow. Age started groaning,

"Oh no, I knew I should have stopped him from eating Sally's zombie kit present, now he's going all over the place..."

"Well I'm not having that smell around my shop, clean it up before I give you a ticket. I've had a bad day, and I'm not in a mood to deal with that."

"Oh, well, okay. And to prevent from this happening again, which it will either way, you know anybody who knows anything about dragon....droppings?"

"No. But since it's zombies, then Artix probably knows something about undead diarrhea"

"Why would he know about-"

"Sally gave him a present last year too."

Age agreed to search out for Artix. But he hasn't seen Artix in a long while, he didn't even get a present from him this year yet. But he decided he really shouldn't be worried about Artix, he knew that he could handle himself. But he still couldn't help the feeling that if Artix got in trouble, he would get into it whether or not. The last time he saw him in fact, was Mogloween. Which now that he thought of it, was really bad. He decided to start a full time search for him.

He saw Patch drag the body back into the shop. He walked over the location where the man fell. He saw something white in the aqua colored water. That kind of eye never really helped him in his adventures, though it was nice to have a sharp eye. He saw a tooth. Presumably the man that fell. It looked like another thing for him to cry about. He decided to leave it be...until Diesel decided it looked tasty, and Age put it in his pocket. Diesel looked around, and flew to the fairy selling her items.

"Hey, here, we have some brand new bracelets for Frostvale, it may be over, but you can never give enough presents! Hey, Guardian, go propose to your girlfriend somewhere else, I have a business to run here, so buy something and scram! Hey look, a small dragon, here, I got a nice horn ring with shine that is just made for you!"

Age walked to the fairy curiously. "You have horn rings?"

"No, but I'm sure it'll fit."

".....How much gold?"

"2,000g"

".......You don't get business much here, do you?"

"No. I blame it on location, but I'm not allowed into the main street because of the fight I had."

"Alright, why not? Have you seen Artix? I need his help."

The fairy shrugged. "He's been around, he's hidden in the fountain before, with some box, I think it was a present. I let him stay hidden for 500 gold before I kicked him away, last I saw him he was running off to the gingerbread house." She pointed to the brown house. The snow looked like frosting on the roof. Which it probably was. "Then he ran out strait to Warlics memorial then I lost sight of him. But I did hear some kind of combat though"

"Combat?"

"Yeah, I suggest you go check it out, I have a living to make, I have a feeling today is gonna be a good start to the a great year."

"Of course it is. But I have an idea you should try to boost up customers."

"Really, what?"

"It's called a sale. Or a price drop. Or anything else that's not what your doing right now"

She threw a ring at him in frustration. "Wait, stop, no, don't eat that!......Dumb dragon."

Age ran quickly to the memorial, before she would charge him for that ring. And he was also curious about what happened to Artix, but mainly didn't want that fairy on his tail. As he went up to the statue or Warlic, he read the misleading plaque covered with frost. He noticed a frozen solid bush on his side, and went to observe it more to see if it had any clues. As he moved through the bush, he saw a frosted skeleton. The bones were ice blue, and he was in pieces. Age poked at it with his sword. It seemed to be just some bones frozen.

"Hmm...Bones don't usually get frozen. I should check into this. It's funny, I read a book that was just like this."

As he started walking away, he felt a sudden breeze, that was too cold and too sudden to be natural. He took a stop forward, trying to ignore it, but he heard a crack of ice that wasn't there before. He turned quickly, his double-edged sword in hand. He saw 4 Ice Elemental's standing in a line in front of him, icy fists held tight and ready for battle. Age risked a spin around to survey his surroundings. And it got worse. He saw that the path he was just about to travel on blocked by 5 frozen skeleton's, except they were alive/undead and moving.

"Funny, this is really like that book I read."

A skeleton lowered his weapon. "Really? What happens to the hero?"

"Oh, he dies."

"Hmm, that's a positive thought for me."

"Yeah, well after he slashed a bunch of monsters away, he gets crushed by a Yeti."

"He slashes a bunch of monsters?"

"Yes."

"Like...us?"

"Probably."

"I don't like the book anymore."

"Neither do I, for some reason all of the books have the hero dying. It's very negative for hero's like me. I should stop reading those books Sepulchure keeps sending me."

"Probably. Well, I suggest we start fighting before it get's sunny and warm and we start losing our intimidation-"

He never got to finish his sentence, he got his head rolled on the floor when Age's sword cut through his neck. Age backed up, facing 8 monsters, getting ready to make him into an icicle.

< Message edited by Age100 -- 11/26/2010 1:27:50 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
11/27/2010 0:08:15   
Age100

Age dodged the first rapid wave of Icicles launched at him. He rolled behind a tree opposite of Warlic's statue, and quickly started figuring out a battle plan. He usually didn't fight more then 3 enemies at once. This group might beat him out of sheer numbers. He decided to pick take them out one-by-one.

He first turned around the tree rapidly, and quickly threw 3 of his daggers in his inner thighs randomly. He managed to injure a skeleton in it's ribs and got an Ice Elemental. Age heard the icy crack of the Elemntal's coating, and he ran to it and stabbed it with his sword. He felt adrenaline pumping through him, and he quickly double slashed another Elemental in the left arm and it chest. Critical hit! Age sprinted back to the tiny forest. He knew he had to put this battle somewhere more far away from Falconreach so nobody could get injured if they were wandering.

"Hey, the frost brothers, you feeling cool? Come and follow my voice to wherever I take you like you always do! Unless you have cold feet!"

The 6 remaining foes ran after him for insulting them with the bad puns, and the two elementals started blasting ice shards in his direction, instead missing and covering the ground in front of them with even more ice, making the Icy Skeletons slip and fall in the process.

Age ran west and weaved past trees to the lake, which was frozen solid. There was less cover here, but he could still use the edge of the forest. His enemies were catching up, but they were still behind. Age ran behind a tree at the edge of the lake, ready for an ambush. The two remaining Ice Elementals came out of the forest, looking confused. As they started to the beach, Age quickly ran behind the one on the left, and he launched a power attack where the Ice Elemental should have a skull, finishing it. The last Elemental reacted quickly and turned around and gripped Age by the throat. Age's sweat rapidly transformed into icy drops, he felt his throat crushing. The light was falling out of his eyes as he felt a burning sensation on his leg. Diesel!

The grip was melting off him, he felt warmth envelope his body, but he knew he couldn't get too focused in it. He jumped back when the hold on his throat was gone. He looked at the Elemental carefully, it had an insane look to it, the look of it touching fire. Diesel was breathing on it as much as possible, but Age knew he wouldn't be able to hold him back. Age got back into it and gave one clean over-head slash to it, which made the elemental fall in half.

"Thanks Diesel, you really saved me there. But stay hidden, I just might need to soon. There's no time to rest, we have some more on the way, but they're slipping over some ice. Lets go meet them."

"Sure, of course there's still more enemy's, my most heroic moment can't be the end, you get to get the final hit."

"What, what's the problem Diesel?"

"Well it's just your getting all the spot light, I mean I save your life and help you multiple times, and I'm the one who's actually fighting titans, and your the one everybody worships.

"They don't worship me."

"No, I've seen them. They're creepy, they tried to sacrifice me to serve some kind of "God who clicks all of the actions of people" and they say he's in charge of you or something."

"Really, I don't think now is the time to be arguing about this, they're probably right there-"

Age's sentence was rudely interrupted by a dagger going through Diesel's wing. "DIESEL!!!" Age took the dagger back, and recognized it as his own. The draconian blood was slowly dripping out of his wing, and it covered the dagger. Age tucked it back in the small scabbard. He picked Diesel up, and gave him a health potion.

"It'll be all right, it's just your wing, nothing vital."

"NOTHING VITAL?! MY BLOODY WING H-HAS BEEN HIT BY A DAGGER, HOW AM I GONNA FLY, I'M GONNA BE FORCED TO WALK LIKE ALL OF YOUR DUMB WEAK HUMANS AND IT'LL NEVER GET FIXED-"

"Shhhh-One word. Magic."

"B-but-"

"Just think. I've been barbaqued, hit, stabbed, drowned, hit by a cannon, fell off a dragon, got beat up by a fish sitting inside some ice cream, which does extreme emotional damage to you and hit by an avalanche. How do you think I survived?"

Age smiled at Diesel, then put him down on the ice. He looked back at the 4 Ice Undead Skeletons. One yelled "HA! Payback for that dagger you threw at me back there!".

Age threw the dagger back as the skeleton continued talking, and hit him strait in the chest with the butt of the dagger in the chest so hard his body collapsed on itself. "That's what you get for talking." The three remaining skeletons looked slightly frightened. Age charged at one and his sideways, then kicked the one standing next to him farther away. Age slashed at the throat...but he didn't do any damage.

"What? Why didn't my hit get you?"

"Two reasons. First, is your getting too cocky, did you really expect to one hit kill all of us? Second, what makes use different and special form other undead is the ice is like an armor to us, where it is on our body affects whether we get hurt there or not. You got lucky and managed to get the two before us, but now you'll have to be more careful."

"Nah, I think if I just spam attack then I'll eventually get you."

"Stop breaking the fourth wall!"

The skeleton raised his club and started to knock Age out, but Age moved to the side, and pushed his friend at him, throwing both of them off balance. He saw that the one talking to him was had little ice covering his hip, so Age lifted his sword and did his own version of clubbing to the it's side. As Age was about to attack a second time, the skeleton rolled to the side and grabbed Ages foot. He tried to kick the hand away, but with did so with little luck and lost his own balance. He quickly got up and gave the Ice Skeleton a punch to the face and double attacked him. The Ice Skeletons managed to throw it's club at Age before getting hit and resulting in Age's shoulder getting bruised.

He was tired, and he wasn't sure how much farther he could go, There was one more left. Then Age got an idea.

"Hey, are you sure you wanna get beat up like your other friends?"

The remaining skeleton looked at him curiously. "...No...."

"Then come with me. I'm going to send you to a friend. I don't know what he's going to do to you exactly, but unlike me, if your going to get destroyed, he'll do it peacefully and quickly."

The Ice skeleton looked around. He saw all of the bodies around him, and he knew he had no choice. If push came to shove, he could just take his chances and run away. He knew he was at no odds to fight and win.

Age called him over, and held him at sword point as they walked over to Diesel. Diesel still looked upset and worried over his wing.

"Alright Diesel, can you transform and fly us to Warlic, or are we going to have to take the pesky griffin?"
AQ DF  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) A Present of Valor
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition