Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: MechQuest: Improvement and Brainstorming

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MechQuest: Improvement and Brainstorming
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2010 16:17:14   
Glais

quote:

MQ doesn't need to be to fully become a MMO in order to increase interactivity. There's a number of things that could be done such as taking a cue from DF and having missions where we could invite other players to assist us.

I have to agree there, DF's doing great, on an average day it still brings about as many players as AQW does. If MQ did some things similar to that, it could work.
The problem is that it's gonna take a while getting a lot of non rare content in game. Though...one of the things I always liked about DF was explorability. MQ ha this but they just don't use it much.
Could be possible to add many walkaround areas with mini missions(caves or thieves or something, possibly fighting local wildlife since MQ hasn't delved too deep there) to give a good feel of the planet.
The Yokai mission where we traveled all around gave me a good feel for that, especially the Gark mission which I oddly found my favorite(though I was really hoping we got to fight the Bartender in some brand new mech he'd have).

DF MQ  Post #: 51
12/8/2010 16:28:30   
Voigan

quote:

Without the weekly releases, many players would probably quit

Lots of players are already quitting, which is why this thread and its predecessors were made. I understand your point though. But there is not really much point in firing lasers at a defeated mecha beating a dead horse by continuing the "weekly vs. biweekly releases" debate since Korin said biweekly releases are not an option.
Anyway, hopefully there will be more work on the SOON list, filling equipment gaps, and more permanent content after we get through December and Frostvale. That might bring some players back and increase the number of new players who stay.
AQ DF  Post #: 52
12/8/2010 17:02:43   
Griffin the awesome

I great idea that is very simple but will make mechquest 10 times better!
Hire more staff.
MQ  Post #: 53
12/8/2010 17:08:58   
Glais

Er...well, I can't really argue with that >_>
DF MQ  Post #: 54
12/8/2010 18:04:37   
alexjones50

quote:

I great idea that is very simple but will make mechquest 10 times better!
Hire more staff.

I couldn't agree more.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
12/8/2010 20:32:49   
forumlogin

@glai
Ah, walkthrough. :D
Definitely would make things interesting, though after the first time walking through I'd like a skip button.
DF MQ  Post #: 56
12/8/2010 22:09:28   
Glais

I mean more of an add on to planets allowing us to explore it with side areas and missions.
For example, we're on gark, you explore(on foot), fight some Garkian(. . .) animals and come across a cave, inside there's some thieves which you get into your mech and fight.
Just little things like that which could add atmosphere.

They already did something similar on Lagos with us sailing and finding islands to fight people in.
DF MQ  Post #: 57
12/8/2010 22:54:20   
theoringinalsirexice

we need to get more content for these sc and we need sc only areas all the other games have areas like that why shouldnt we and the quality of the releases are dwindling and mq is trying their hardest and thyton just left for hero smash...way to shorten an already understaffed game wow im infuriated by that.....

[image]http://www.picresize.com/popup.html?images/rsz_hiei.jpg[/image]

AQ  Post #: 58
12/9/2010 2:12:41   
icemaster 77

Do the Frostval releases in December, then make a permanent storyline in the whole of Janurary and in Feburary in weeks that Valentine isn't in. Then revamp the whole of Soluna and upgrade the energy blade fights and increase the exp and credits drop by 25%-50%.

Go to this link if you want to hear Irish music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CewyTGQR9Pw
MQ AQW  Post #: 59
12/9/2010 11:46:28   
black knight 1234567

quote:

Dropping the SCMM FOREVER
I dis-agree big time, SĒ's BARELY get anything, and yet drop one of the only actual worth fetures and make another one which Is updated about 3 times a year? and
quote:

better then AQ
I would accept this as an opinion, but saying It as a fact Is wrong
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
12/9/2010 12:40:41   
Vampire Fexy

You really need to read BK.

quote:

and adding a permanent shop for SCs in the SC club, and they add mechas/equipments every 3-4 months, that way they can give SCs still get bonus for upgrading and they wouldnt be rare, this should balance the rares a little.

PS : I pretty much quited MQ right now, i dont even bother to log in to see what happens since there is no new quests or planets or anything that could make me play, for about 2 months all we had is shops and wars, which isnt interesting at all, this game needs to focus on the story more, and by more i mean 100%, why would we want a shop every week and buy mechas/equipments if we cant even use them ? we already have billion of mechas and equipments (even tho most are rare), also the story just been terrible in the last year, i dont think we had any mission where we would fight a shadowscythe, all we do is goto a planet fight some people there and make alliance with them, and keep moving into another one, when the game was released i liked how we would keep fighting the shadowscythe and how we had lots of war against them, they would keep attacking soluna and we would have to stop them, how many planets we wouldnt fight against them mainly right now? Zargon, Gark/Lagos, Planet 51 and Necryptos.

I dont feel like im doing anything anymore, they are supposed to be destroying us right now but i dont see them doing anything right now, thats the reason im quiting now.

< Message edited by Vampire Fexy -- 12/9/2010 13:27:36 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
12/9/2010 13:19:42   
black knight 1234567

I know, I am talking about the whole 3-4 months thing.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
12/9/2010 13:29:36   
Vampire Fexy

Still the same, i dont see anything special about these junk mechas anymore, for all i know they are the reason that made many people quit, dont see why they didnt stop this project long time ago as its ruining the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
12/9/2010 14:28:24   
EinhanderX01

Stating that SCMMs are the main reason the game failed is biased, and so is saying that they ruined the game. But this is not a thread to debate SCMMs, nor is such heated debate allowed, and thus, I end that line of thought here.

The truth is that there isn't as much staff on MQ as there was when the SCMMs first debuted. Back then, there was Warlic, Mae, blues, J6, and Korin (and several more) at the height of MQ, all able to handle releases large and small.

Given that staff had been taken and not replaced, everything has declined in terms of quantity, and in some areas, such as SCMMs, quality (as far as specials and lack of specialization; visually, they're still relatively exclusive). SCMMs should continue, but with more spacing between releases, so as to give the current Staff time to better plan them out and work on them little by little.

On that note, SCMMs wouldn't be the only things SCs look forward to if there was more SC-Only content that had some relevance outside of War/Holiday Event missions, such as what the Dragon Egg Saga is to DAH/DL members, or bringing back Planet Previews. However, it's more time-consuming that just one mech, so it will not be likely that we'll see such events in the future, with the exception of maybe SC-Only Planet Previews (since the planet could be released to SCs while still not complete for a full release).
Post #: 64
12/9/2010 14:46:15   
Vampire Fexy

I didnt state that they are the main reason that made the game fail, but they did ruin the game.

Most of them are OP so most of people now dont customize the mechs, they take so much time for mods to make so we get less updates in the game, they are rare so they make things even worse, dont see how they didnt ruin the game at all.

The only good thing from them is making more players upgrade, which means more money for the company so we can still play the game, BUT if they would do your suggestion (or mine) things would of been better, so they are totally ruining the game now, least for me.

< Message edited by Vampire Fexy -- 12/9/2010 14:48:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
12/9/2010 16:44:10   
Griffin the awesome

How about everybody takes a vote on there least favorite AE game, then we take 3 staff members out of the most hated game, and 2 staff members from the 2nd most hated game, then put those staff members in mechquest.
There, problem solved.
Here's my vote:
Most hated game: AQW (I hate the fighting style)
2nd most hated game: AQ (It's too old)
MQ  Post #: 66
12/9/2010 17:06:32   
black knight 1234567

Yeah, too old but delivers first class high qulity realses... I dis-agree, and on Fexy: What I am saying Is 4 months just seem too much, 2 months, maybe? or 3? and I see the staff are REALLy focusing on the S.O.O.N list, maybe they can actuallY END the soon list In 2011-2012? O:
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
12/9/2010 18:06:03   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

@Griffin the awesome: I don't think it solve things by hurting one game to aid another. However, on that note I wish that we could get our team members back from HeroSmash since it's rather callous to pull from one of your smaller games to aid an experimental project.

I think Fexy touched on an important point--it doesn't matter how many mecha we get if we don't have the content to play them in. There's also a rather major logic error with SCMM. Mecha are our equivalent of classes. You don't expect the other games to come up with a class each month while regular mecha + SCMMs means we may be getting a "class" every other week. That doesn't make sense, especially when we lack the content to use these classes.
DF MQ  Post #: 68
12/9/2010 21:41:11   
Glais

quote:

Given that staff had been taken and not replaced

This is what caused MQ's decline in the first place, had this not happened MQ would probably still be doing well. They really shouldn't be taking team members, especially from the smallest game.
DF MQ  Post #: 69
12/9/2010 22:06:44   
ZamuelNow
Constructive

I'm really thinking we should lean towards getting the wiki updated. It's probably better structurally than using forum posts for equipment information.
DF MQ  Post #: 70
12/10/2010 2:45:10   
black knight 1234567

Thing Is: Since AQWorlds realsed, MQ and WF went back, DF was kinda pushed back a small bit, AQ was able too stand strong tho, and now HeroSmash.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
12/10/2010 3:26:33   
kasama999

I will wait for the day when they close MQ forever.

Tsk.
Post #: 72
12/10/2010 4:31:52   
Glais

@BK1234567:Last I checked, DF was beating out AQW on average, but on a huge AQW release it probably kills the others.
DF MQ  Post #: 73
12/10/2010 5:23:21   
black knight 1234567

Yeah, buT DF did go backa bit, WF and MQ are forgotten In the lost lands.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
12/11/2010 9:34:13   
Griffin the awesome

Quick people come up with more ideas, or this thread will be forgotten!
MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: MechQuest: Improvement and Brainstorming
Page 3 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition