Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying III+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying III+How Can We Improve It?
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/10/2011 12:36:56   
valiant viking

add new skills and abilities that we can improve that can be used in battles.. you get bored when you finished all quests, so there should be something that we can do that will also encourage us to play..

tutorial for new players where they will have a chance to try a SC mech for 1hour, consumable special items that can be bought using nova gems and gold and can be used by any mech, like double damage for 3turns, autorepair 10% hp for 3turns, freeze enemy for 3turns.. and you can design more..

also create an arena asteroid for pvp, and you will get tropies that you can trade with items like in AQWorlds..

also enable players to build a group for clan wars.. and win prizes and be on the top clan in MQ..
theres no sense if you will be fighting PvP and your enemy is just an AI, it should be other players that you can chat and boast with..

i want to save the game so i invited some of my friends to play MQ, but they didnt like it.. i think you should make the game easier for beginners, the people who complains about how easy the game is are old players that are starcaptains, what we need is to encourage new player to play and to encourage them to continue playing..

almost all missions becomes boring because its all the same, they scale to the players level, different missions should have different difficulties so that players that are having hard time could just do the easy one and the ones who wants more challenge can do the harder missions, dont make all missions have the same level, and make some missions only available after players level up, so that new players will have a story line and you can assign specific levels to missions, for example, kingadent, for lvls 1-4, then crystal asterroid for lvls 5-8, you can just make new missions scale to players because they are new, but when a new event or mission comes out, you can assign a fix level to the previous one,
making the players busy for every level wil increase the number of players..

special skill port, 2 for normal players, 3 for SC, where you can assign skills that you can use for battles, special skills can be bought using gold or nova gems

make the chronomech available to be purchased for nova gems equivalent to half of the prize of the calendar..

bank space to store equipments..

making all mechs and weapons upgradeable..

---these are just suggestion by a game supporter..
DF MQ  Post #: 176
5/10/2011 15:12:14   
mechquestlord
Banned

hey guys can we have a 4th option beyond xtreme mode called "weapons test" mode where the enemy hs loads of HP and little energy at all? or could there be a REALLY tiny amount of NGS for accomplishing very difficult tasks? or EVEN could you guys look through the suggestions forum for once?
MQ  Post #: 177
5/10/2011 16:54:29   
NaturallyMaria
Ebil Empress

quote:

For the Balance problems, we could try calculating the true point values behind things. Something like this: http://pastebin.com/z9TvEAKW

Then we can determine if something is Overpowered or Underpowered by how much point value it has (or how little it has).

While a system like this would certainly help for calculating the balance of raw damage, DoTs, healing, Boost nerfs/buffs, and stuns, that's about it. Other factors like dodging and EP draining would be more difficult to work out properly, and factors like forced cooldowns, staggered NoTs, and disabling would be nigh immeasurable. Not to mention a weapon's own cooldown, and how well in works together with other weapons. Some things simply can't be quantified. And more importantly, the MQ staff is pretty adamant about not implementing an official balance system, probably with good reason.

Now, the weapons are already very well-balanced, as far as damage goes. Weapons whose primary function is to deal damage are rather meticulously calculated. And as for extra effects? Well, I'm pretty sure that those are intentionally left unbalanced for the same reason the exact odds and damage formulas are mostly left unpublished; so people like us don't turn the game inside out, essentially "solve" the game, and take the fun out of it. We're supposed to experiment, we're supposed to buy stuff because it looks cool regardless of what the effects are, and we're supposed to find our own unique ways to finish the story without too much outside help.

I've been toying around with the idea of a SQL-powered searchable database of all of MQ's weapons, complete with category tags for every effect out there. The more I look into it though, the more I start to think that it might hurt the game more than help it, at least for those who haven't yet finished the main storyline. I can see those level 40+ SC players getting some good use out of it, but that's such a small minority right now. And of course, it's straight up impossible unless the staff wants to hand over the exact odds for every weapon's rolls.
MQ  Post #: 178
4/6/2012 9:01:26   
AsasinChaos

For one, don't make the story SC-required. No-one will be happy with that. Also, make sure the weapons have more strength, I don't feel like the enemy Mechas are taking their proper damage. I don't think the stats affect our damage and other modifiers either, i.e Accuracy doesn't affect accuracy.
Post #: 179
4/18/2012 21:57:42   
The_Weaver

Off Topic: (`cuz things said here are for discussions and threads about staff and stuff)
Ok, I have been playing since I was a kid and Im very sad about:
1º) Staff members took away (we miss you J6)
2º) Remaining staff being punched by users about "I think we need more uptdates"
3º) Cmmon MQ Its pretty awesome......or you rather playing MMORPGS with grinding and Spammy-Cash-Messages everywhere?

On topic:
As a SC I dont support the idea of cutting almost all Monthly rares `cuz that was one of the reasons why I became SC
BUT as a player I think its okay, I mean If it is so much work for Korin and team (If you can call it like that...) I will fully suppor it in order to see MQ getting back on their feet again......

About gameplay:
Maybe a Face Expression buttons? (?)
or maybe a Mecha Hero? (Guitar Hero minigame for songs or something?/ Cmmon I know you want to play the songs on a guitar that JD done :P)
yes I`ve been reading about loss of interactivity with the maps and cities, that could get as good `ol days.....

And Well Actually I dont have nothing to complain `bout becasue MQ Its already an awesome game by itself (I mean, how many
------>MECHA<------- games you actually know?)

Wave With Me, The Signs To The Stars.

SoulWeaver Power Forever.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
4/19/2012 0:44:56   
Glais

I'm still going with my old idea. Make the game gradually move into farming. The rolls and such so early in the game likely scare new players away due to being incredibly tedious (ENERGY.BLADE.TRAINING.+MUSEUM).

Allow Soluna to ease the players into it, don't let rolls hit them till later in the game. No-one likes them, and while they do make the game harder, in the low levels they are incredibly irritating.
DF MQ  Post #: 181
4/19/2012 0:45:33   
Kagemaru

quote:

Now, the weapons are already very well-balanced, as far as damage goes. Weapons whose primary function is to deal damage are rather meticulously calculated. And as for extra effects? Well, I'm pretty sure that those are intentionally left unbalanced for the same reason the exact odds and damage formulas are mostly left unpublished; so people like us don't turn the game inside out, essentially "solve" the game, and take the fun out of it. We're supposed to experiment, we're supposed to buy stuff because it looks cool regardless of what the effects are, and we're supposed to find our own unique ways to finish the story without too much outside help.

I agree with you. However, this argument implies that using systematic builds, or "Minmaxing" is a bad thing. If you're good at a certain style of gameplay, why not focus on that area, and hone those abilities? I see nothing wrong with someone in House Mystraven putting 200 into Reflex, and then carefully calculating the amount of points he needs in accuracy so that his smokescreen always lands. Even if the equations and mathematics that goes behind attack rolls is unpublished, people still create minmaxed builds and combinations based solely on estimations. People still have to play the game in order to find this out, and it's all the more satisfying when you've carved out a niche for your character.

I'm not trying to say there should be one single style of battle that everyone will use, and should use because it's the best--That's like arguing Wolfblade is the best Mecha because it has the most HP-- I'm saying there are several builds out there that are unique and make the player a force to be feared. I had a healing build a few months back that used the NG count Mechula and a few other pieces that would recover from damage faster than it could take it, even in Xtreme difficulty. In fact, it actually functioned better, because the battles were more drug out.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 182
4/19/2012 17:47:09   
Astroking112
Legendary AK!!!

I think that fleshing out the planets/cultures would be a good idea. Look at the first suggestion area, and imagine that spread out across all cities/planets, with each one being unique.

Also... we need music. At the beginning of the game, there's music in most areas, even if it is turned down so low that you can't listen to it without your eardrums exploding in a fight. Look at DF. Music is like a passion in that game, and I'd gladly give up 1-2 weeks to have it added in (And turned up) to all areas. It'll let people immerse themselves more, which is one of the best things we can hope for.

More options in battles are also a good idea. One could be the whole "fleets" thing, which I've suggested several times. This could even require some "House Badge," like DF's "Trinity Amulet," in order to add a new way for people to pay for the game in order to unlock more things.

Once all of these things are added, I'd like to see a Planet Icaria (All the way at the bottom), which requires Dragonguard in able to play through. This'll also make players want to pay more, and if they pay more, then there'll be more money, and if there's more money, then we may get some more staff.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 183
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying III+How Can We Improve It?
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition