Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of Joy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of Joy
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2010 12:54:00   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Yes, Wildroses, the extension is to Jan 7.

I figured it would make some people more prone to participating if there was extra time.

Then, we get to turn around and write for February.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/28/2010 15:20:58   
Reaper Sigma

Can February be Book of Woe? Pl0x?
Post #: 27
12/28/2010 19:10:22   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

Thank you, Eukara.

And I wouldn't get your hopes up, Reaper. I think it far more likely we are getting something along the lines of 'The Book of Love' seeing as it is a February project.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
12/28/2010 20:48:11   
Eukara Vox

Right now, I am thinking Book of Companionship for February. Not necessarily about love, but just the bond that people share.

I should have a some more up tonight for the Book of Joy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/29/2010 1:15:57   
Eukara Vox

Misconceptions..............................................................................Shreder
How much of the time is Joy only for ourselves?
Once upon a time on a beautiful day................................................Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI
Can Joy really be just about living?

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 12/29/2010 1:16:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/29/2010 15:17:17   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Some short ones to review!

Misconceptions By Shreder: Often these "confessional" types of posts online are a pain to read, as they reflect the stupidity of humanity since many bloggers don't seem to know the fundamentals of how to write a good narrative. This piece, on the other hand, was very tactfully done, attempting to tackle the question, "What is the nature of true happiness?" It was purposeful and moral, and I'm glad to see such a story in this book. I might have liked to see a greater description of the joy that the narrator received after his conversion, but on the other hand, the piece's simplicity is its appeal.

Once upon a time on a beautiful day by Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI: This was another "confessional" piece, although the take on it was much different than Shreder's. It was much more descriptive and metaphorical, sometimes to the point where the reader could not distinguish the metaphors from the description. I loved the detail that you put into such concise events and the way that you showed the reader the narrator's perception of the world rather than just depicting reality. While it seemed abstract and confusing at times, the message came together at the end.
AQ AQW  Post #: 31
12/29/2010 17:16:56   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

I have to admit it, my narrative was really obscure in the middle and throughout the end. I just simply couldn't find the right phrases that can speak my mind out--clearly. Glad I took part. in this book though.
Post #: 32
12/30/2010 1:17:31   
Shreder

The shortness can be explained by the fact that, even when I write prose, (which is not something I do very regularly), my poetic tendencies tend to take over... I don't think I've ever written a short story more than two pages long... :P
DF MQ  Post #: 33
12/30/2010 1:33:45   
alexmacf

I'm trying to write something, but I'm just so tense and jumpy that nothing's flowing. I'll try and get something in, I promise - I just don't guarantee it to be a particularly good story.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
12/30/2010 1:44:10   
Starstruck

Hmmm...

I was thinking of doing "Joy", but it seems I'm a little late for that. Stil...let's just say I'd probably be better at Companionship than Joy.

However, the thought that each month has its own theme lends itself to some mindless speculation. What would April be? Rainy Days? That's not such a bad idea, actually...fufufufu...

I will do my best and I will submit it, of only to make it worth he effort, whether it gets put in the book or not. Expect something mildly epic but not overly much so.
DF MQ  Post #: 35
12/30/2010 8:08:53   
Wildroses
A beautiful Rose,
always and forever

My story is nearly ready, I think. The more editing I do, the further away I seem to be from being finished. But I am certainly submitting it tomorrow morning no matter what. My access to internet becomes unreliable tomorrow afternoon. It isn't much like any of the ones so far. I'm not sure if that is good or bad.

Companionship? Hmm. Lots of possibilities there.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
12/30/2010 16:20:02   
Reaper Sigma

quote:

I think it far more likely we are getting something along the lines of 'The Book of Love' seeing as it is a February project.

That's exactly why we should have a Book fo Woe instead. But I suppose I can do with Companionship. I'll likely make it tragic.

I'm starting my story the beginning of the year...or the day after. I'm usually passed out on January 1st.
Post #: 37
12/30/2010 18:11:41   
Mordred

Unfortunately, I could not come up with any ideas for joy. i had a few, but I just felt they weren't good enough, or too cliche. Sorry!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
12/30/2010 21:19:18   
Eukara Vox

Awwww! So not fair! I would ask you to submit anyway, Mordred.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
12/30/2010 21:27:25   
Mordred

Wait, I forgot the extension. I might be able to scrounge something from the nether regions of my mind, where I hid away thoughts of joy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
1/4/2011 9:49:19   
Eukara Vox

More! Yay!

The Crashing of Frostval...............................................................................Eukara Vox
Enter Talvan... and snow, and lights and her unbound energy...

9. I Need to Know............................................................................................The Doctor
The Joy in just knowing is all one needs sometimes.

There is still time for anyone who wants to submit!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/4/2011 11:39:04   
Xplayer
Roaming the Web

Some poetry to review. Ok.

The Crashing of Frostval by Eukara Vox (with a couple of lines from Cguy): Word of the day = ululation. This version was better than just as good as the official AE/BoG/whatevertheywanttocallthemselvesthisweek version . These poems are meant to bring a smile and a couple of laughs to the reader, and it certainly did for me.

I Need to Know by The Doctor: This piece demonstrates why I like poetry, but I hate reviewing it. The form of the poem is very chaotic, not that it's completely paternless, but that it oscillates between rhyming and free verse, between four and five line stanzas. I always like to believe that the poet intended something by this, but in this case, I didn't quite pick up on why such an unusual form was used. I liked the content of the poem, the diction and emotion conveyed by the speaker. But attempting to discern the purpose of the form was distracting. However, I got more out of the poem just reading it straight rather than trying to pick it apart. Perhaps that's the poet's intent after all.

Hopefully there'll be some prose to review next time.
AQ AQW  Post #: 42
1/5/2011 21:56:31   
Torn

I'm hoping that alot of people are like me and are turning in their work last minute ( i just turned mine in a second ago).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
1/6/2011 1:47:34   
alexmacf

If I get off lucky then I'll write a poem tomorrow. I haven't had the time, and I might have to skip this book. V-V Sorry.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
1/6/2011 11:33:06   
Eukara Vox

Letters to Mother........................................................................................Xplayer1
Our hearts will always take us where our joy is most complete. Whether we share that joy is up to us.
Intermission: Reprimand and Recovery........................................................Eukara Vox and Alex Shiveran
Sometimes, to see joy, one must be reminded of our own fallibility, humanity and affection.
An Occurrence of Joy..................................................................................Storm
A birth of a most welcome nature.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/6/2011 11:34:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/7/2011 14:48:22   
Reaper Sigma

I'll be cutting it close this time. Even if it doesn't make it in time, I'll still post it.
Post #: 46
1/7/2011 18:19:24   
Fleur Du Mal

Whee! Finished in the nick of time. =P
(No surprise there. Except that I actually finished, haha!)

Great stories and poems so far, folks! =)

< Message edited by Fleur Du Mal -- 1/7/2011 18:20:07 >
DF  Post #: 47
1/8/2011 18:31:45   
Reaper Sigma

Done. Apologies to Eukara for not being in on time, and thanks for allowing me one more day. I would have submitted earlier, but my parents decided today was when we would clean the house.
Post #: 48
1/8/2011 20:52:03   
Eukara Vox

Heh, so much to edit and review. Lots of stuff came in at the end. But that's awesome! It means more stuff to read!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/8/2011 20:56:23   
Mordred

Looks like I missed the dead-line. Sorry guys. Had to study. I'll make up for it in February!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of Joy
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition