Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

War Torn - A Novel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> War Torn - A Novel
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/7/2010 22:51:21   
The Warrior Master

Wartorn is a novel that I thought of back in the day, started it, but never finished it. I hope to turn this into a project that I will keep updated often, so that, one day, this will actually become a novel and not just a Prologue.

The setting of this novel happens at around 2054. Russia has declared war against the United States for refusing to stop production of a new mineral - Valencium. With this element, batteries would have a life-span of 200 years, vehicles would get 300+ mpg, and when used in explosives, would create an explosion 100 times as massive as two nuclear bombs. The United States has teamed up with all of the countries on the western side of the hemisphere, creating the IFD. Russia has allied with the countries on the eastern half and has named themselves the RF. A team of highly skilled soldiers have been sent on a suicide mission behind enemy lines. They are to enter in Moscow and travel to St. Petersburgh, the new capital of Russia. Adams, a desk worker, was chosen for the job for his "skill set," but he knows that it's for something far more than that...

Prologue

I looked around the cabin of the C-130. There were twelve men around me, all ready to die for their country. This was my first time partaking in any war; I never had the guts to kill anyone. Now, here I am, shipped off like an animal off to the slaughter house. We were just expendable people to the IFD. It was just yesterday when I was sitting at my cherry oak desk. The smell of the new wood filled the room around me.

The brand new black desktop Microsoft computer was sitting on the left of me, the huge stacks of white pieces of paper sitting on my right. The door to my private office was closed since I didn't feel comfortable sitting at my desk while all of the other privates were sitting in cubicles. That's when I heard the door knob start to turn.

I was expecting one of the new recruits to come in and ask for assistance, but it turned out to be my first sergeant. He was a man of average height for his age of thirty - five feet and ten inches. He was clean shaven, had tan skin, and had deep black hair. He wasn't the kind of man you'd want to pick a fight with at a club. He was carrying a brown folder in his right hand with a solemn look on his face.

"Sergeant Adams, I'm sorry to be the one to deliver this, but here," he said as he slid the folder across my desk. "You've been issued an immediate TDY order to Moscow." He turned away and walked out the door, being careful to shut it behind him.

The wailing of an alarm brought me back to my senses. The cabin around me suddenly started to glow a bright red, and everyone started to hustle and bustle about.

"Don't just stand there! Put this on!" I turned my head fast enough to see a rather thin man throw a backpack at my face. I stopped it just before it made contact, and hurriedly put it on as he commanded, but I had no time to think. I scrambled around to see what everyone else was doing. Some were putting on backpacks, others were putting on helmets, and more and more soldiers started to line up in two single file lines next to the doors in the back of the cabin.

I turned around to face the seat that I was sitting in, and, sure enough, I saw a helmet sitting in the cubby hole above it. I reached up and jerked it from its spot and hastily put it on. Surprisingly, it was a perfect fit - unusual for IFD standards.

"Don't just stand there! Get over here!" I felt someone tug my shoulder and lead me over to a spot in the first line. Not even five seconds after I was situated, the doors started to open downwards. Then, it hit me. We were over Moscow, Russia, and this was our ticket behind enemy lines. Soon, one after one, the soldiers started to run and jump over the edge.

It was my turn now. My heart was pounding in my chest; adrenaline pumping through my veins. My legs felt like lead, but somehow I managed to move them. It was slow at first, but, soon, it started out into a brisk run. Before I even knew it, and much sooner than I anticipated, it was time to jump. I hurled myself out of the plane, spiraling to the ground below.

Please leave your CnC here.
AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> War Torn - A Novel
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition