Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of Vereriaz Comments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Book of Vereriaz Comments
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2011 21:47:09   
Mordred

O RLY? Then what's Drakonnan's secret in my L&L? :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
1/19/2011 21:49:08   
Razen

Wait, what I must've missed the part even talking about that, so I have no idea, cause I don't know what you're talking about, but I could find out if you gave me the post(s) involving it.

And yeahs I just got my 2nd page.

< Message edited by Shinobi Shadowmaster -- 1/19/2011 21:50:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/19/2011 21:51:22   
Mordred

Congratz on second page!

Oh, you'll find out later... I've only dropped one hint so far.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 28
1/19/2011 21:54:04   
Razen

You can't even tell me where the hint is? How do you expect me to crack the case, without evidence. That's like if I asked you how the Ghost Knights were formed, you would be completely dumbfounded.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/19/2011 21:55:57   
Mordred

Hey, you said you could predict things. :P But, I'd have been truly surprised if you had gotten it. Don't worry, I don't expect you to know. Just like how you don't expect me to know about the Ghost Knights.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
1/19/2011 21:59:06   
Razen

Well, when I mention them, then I will. But, currently they are completely irrelevant to the current things happening. Like I said, I know nearly every cliche, but if you're original like me, and unlike many, then I could have a difficult time guessing it. Also, it is really strange you made Drakonnan and his dragon's names so close to... While I can assume many plots, I'm not physic. I need hints, a small hint can do a lot for my interpreting skills.

< Message edited by Shinobi Shadowmaster -- 1/19/2011 22:01:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/22/2011 0:31:50   
Glais

As I said, I have started reading, as I read some of your suggestion first, I noticed many similarities, startin to see where stuff ties in, cool.
One thing that confuses me...the dialogue here is smooth while in the suggestion it comes off as akward at times which is odd since you write both of them xD
Either way, looks like it'll be a fun read.
Now to get around to reading Mordred's story...
DF MQ  Post #: 32
1/22/2011 8:04:04   
Mordred

glaisaurus, I must say that the suggestion's dialogue might feel strained or rough compared to the "real deal" because we have to form it like a quest or cutscene. We can't include all the little nuances and details that come in literature. I'm answering because Razen appears to be slumbering, and I had the same problem.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
1/22/2011 13:43:44   
Razen

Indeed Mordred. I can be a lot more detailed than the Saga's dialouge.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/22/2011 16:19:12   
Razen

Big Query: In Part V, who wants Seradan to hear Galith out or not?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/22/2011 20:03:41   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Uh oh, Elitus is hot on the trail and Seradan has to find and bring in Galith! Things are really heating up! :D

Not that it matters, but why are the little yellow question marks here? I swear they wern't before...

quote:

I had to get out into the nearby woods to find the elves, or would they find me?

Small grammer mistake, a . should replace the ? :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
1/22/2011 20:51:58   
Glais

@Mordred:I understand why I was sorta just noting it, anyhow I spent way too much time online yesterday so I probably won't be reading till tomorrow.

Just read part two, liked it very much...

quote:

The pathways consistently darkened, my heart felt the pain of others within it, as I gasped for breath at the terrors of the prison. I saw the bodies of the prisoners mutilated, and in all kinds of misery. It was a pinnacle of this evil. It stood like the pillar under a hell, and above a pit of blood. It towered the Temple itself, it homed Elitus, if I learnt anything of this city.

I can't explain it but this part oddly reminds me of Samurai Jack, which I believe(and my opinion refuses to hear otherwise) is the greatest show to ever exist...

I have no idea why it reminded me of Samurai Jack, it no longer does...

On the end section, Seradan says "An elf named Galith stole stuff from the Goblin after I had claimed it, and by the way what was his name?"
Well something close to it, mainly I want to know, what's the end mean?

Also, I notice the similarities to your suggestion, which you altered to fit DF(WillowShire being the city instead of the other one). Very cool.
Wait, if that's the case, what's the need for the whole other dimension thing?

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 1/24/2011 2:49:51 >

DF MQ  Post #: 37
1/28/2011 14:07:27   
Razen

New Part! Part VI is complete.

Glaisaurus: I felt more at ease doing my own city with the Earth Orb colliding with my idea, so that's why. Plus, it makes it slightly easier to write for me in specific. Also, the Goblin's name in the suggestion saga was Boxey, but I can't come up with a Vereriazian Goblin Name. Imagination Break anyone?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/28/2011 14:17:52   
Mritha

Wow! I didn't see Elitus's death coming so soon! But now that the leader is dead the corruption will spread, like a snake without its head the fangs can still bite. *is looking foward to part VII*
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
1/28/2011 14:20:57   
Razen

I will say the book goes by chronologically, not by how the main character experienced the events, like most books, you will understand that Part VI and VII are the main reason that this getting into DF will be impossible. Seradan and Razen don't learn of Elitus's Death until Part XIII or XIV.

Starting on typing Part VII, since I have a lot of extra time now, I plan to get to it!

< Message edited by Shinobi Shadowmaster -- 1/28/2011 14:21:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/28/2011 14:24:57   
Mordred

Mritha, the leader himself was corrupt, so...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
1/28/2011 14:25:55   
Mritha

Ok, that makes sense. And just because they don't know about it doesn't mean the story can't get ingame. The player has been shown many things that the character doesn't figure out until much later, if at all. And in the same way, our character knows some things that the player does not, IE what the Irismancer's plan is after the gold war.

@Mordred, I know that, but now others who may be just as bad if not more so will be looking to take his place. Its a common thing in fiction and RL but wether or not Razen uses it I don't yet know.

< Message edited by Mritha -- 1/28/2011 14:27:53 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
1/28/2011 14:26:10   
Razen

Mordred: The entire society and race was corrupt, so...

Mritha: No, I meant the death, and blood.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/28/2011 14:28:13   
Mordred

@Razen: DF can implement death. They'd just take out the blood. Or black out and leave no doubt that he was killed. And, well, I was just being specific. Everything seems corrupt, except a few good souls.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
1/28/2011 14:28:44   
Mritha

@Razen, Oh, I thought you were talking about something else. My bad.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
1/28/2011 14:32:18   
Razen

Mordred: I suppose so, but I don't think people like it when that happens. Well, there is the celestial Zari(It's a nick name of theirs), or Aristal, Zazaiuln, and Therril, they are the opposite of corrupt. There is also the neutral Elder Zari.

Mritha: Yeah...

Also, why is it that my two main readers' names start with M?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/28/2011 14:33:58   
Mritha

Because M is awesome like that
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
1/28/2011 14:35:21   
Mordred

Because my name is awesome. ;) And I'm fine with the blacking out.lack of blood. We got that with Demento(although, you could argue that his wound was cauterized) and Sabrina(I'm sure she's dead).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
1/28/2011 14:37:04   
Razen

Also, a little hint/spoiler, an important character will replace Elitus for a small part for the story, around Part XI or XII I think.

M(M)ritha: Really, M Must really be awesome enough to consistently keep up with My work.

Mordred: You win this round. *Blazing Eyes Stare*

Also, anyone see the Nehrim quote? It's about Darkness.

< Message edited by Shinobi Shadowmaster -- 1/28/2011 14:39:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/28/2011 14:40:17   
Mordred

*True Mortal soul stare*

I double win!

I can't wait for more! I suspect Gialitus(or however it's spelled) will be the new Captain.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> RE: Book of Vereriaz Comments
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition